News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Outline of a campaign

Started by Pergamos, December 06, 2015, 02:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

Quote from: LMNO on September 11, 2016, 05:35:44 PM
"Shot until she was unconscious" is relatively unscathed?

When magical healing is available, yes it is.  As to the body armor, she's from the rennaissance, her starting funds were WAY lower than the higher TL characters, and the only available armor was platemail, which prtects about as well as a vest with all the trauma plates shot out of it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on September 11, 2016, 07:19:24 PM
Quote from: LMNO on September 11, 2016, 05:35:44 PM
"Shot until she was unconscious" is relatively unscathed?

When magical healing is available, yes it is.  As to the body armor, she's from the rennaissance, her starting funds were WAY lower than the higher TL characters, and the only available armor was platemail, which prtects about as well as a vest with all the trauma plates shot out of it.

There's always an excuse.  "My society doesn't know about that yet."  "I didn't expect the Kaiser's troops to have flammenwerfers."  "what the hell is a 'Manhattan Project?"

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pergamos

Dexter spent most of the day working on creating gadgets, he managed to rig the motorcycle for remote control and also to make quite a few small smoke bombs disguised as cigarettes, then it was time for the party at Nam Cam's karaoke club.  Nam Cam was initially a bit hostile, although he said he did not wish to engage in violence at his party.  However when a gift arrived and Mike shouted for him not to open it he did stop long enough for Dexter and Miriya to examine it, revealing that it was not a bomb, but did contain a curse of barrenness that would be unleashed on whoever opened it.  He was grateful enough to offer the party an opportunty to earn his friendship if they would bring him Dung Ha, who had sent the "gift"  they also learned from the courier that it had been sent by Phoq Li, a mage previously in Nam Cam's employ who had apparently switched sides.  He had been given the package and directions in a coffee shop.  The party travelled to the coffee shop and made it clear to the owner that Phoq Li was no longer a friend of Nam Cam's, and that if he was seen there again the owner should give Nam Cam a call.  They went to Phoq Li's house and Mike gave an envelope with an ace of spades (a local symbol of death) to the doorman to give to Phoq Li,  then they went to a market that Dung Ha was known to frequent and she was there, along with several guards, a couple with swords and more with rather odd looking submachine guns.  Phoq Li was also present.  A battle broke out, resulting in the immolation of an alcohol cart, a couple of near deaths for the party, the capture of Dung Ha, and the escape of Phoq Li.  Dung Ha revealed that she had been trading prostitutes as slaves for weapons, armor, and drugs in another dimension, she also revealed the coordinates of that dimension.  The guns were brought to Shang Da, who recognized them as coming from the dimension of Naram Sin, a TL 9 dimension ruled by Akkadians.  A democratic republic, run on lines similar to the confederacy in the US, controlled the local area.  The party also found a very nice Katana, with a monowire blade on Dung Ha, a lethal electrolaser, and a smal computer with a translation program and maps.  Miriya learned the Akkadian language from the computer and a plan was made to travel to Naram Sin with Miriya, who looks smilar enough to a Sumerian to pass, posing as a foreigner with the rest of the party, barring Dexter, as Slaves, while Dexter was a consulting engineer from the African city states.

The Good Reverend Roger

I got the fucking katana.  MONOFILAMENT KATANA.

I promise to use it only for good.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pergamos

The party relocated to Sigon in Naram Sin, after purchasing a powerstone from a back alley powerstone dealer.  They arrived at roughly 2 in the morning, in a vacant lot in the bad part of town.  They made their way to the nice part of town and killed some time until a jeweler opened shop.  He would not pay a fair price for gems, but Mike sold him some anyway, in order to have some fluid currency.  The party then made their way to the Plum, which as much more open about their business.  This reality's version of Dung Ha wanted 300 thousand  to sell them Sakura, but they realised this reality's version of Sakura was not who they wanted anyway.  They made their way to a slave auction, where Sakura and her coworkers were for sale.  The biddingh was in the thousands, and they were preparing some sort of skullduggery when Dexter was pickpocketed.  The pickpocket stole his plastic explosives, and when he shouted that he had the detonator the auctioneer turned his attention in their direction.  Miriya charmed a police man, the auctioneer induced vomiting and diorhea in the thief, as well as in Dexter, and Mike and James stunned and assaulted one of the auction guards.  Miriya then charmed the auctioneer, while the policeman apprehended the vomiting thief and neutralized the effect on Dexter.  The Auctioneer gave Sakura to Yasha as a special promotion.  She asked to accompany the party, as she didn't really have anywhere to go back to, and let them know about a warehouse that Phoq Li and Dung Ha had been using to convey between dimensions.  The party retiured to a hotel to rest, and allow Dexter to get cleaned up.  It was a cheap motel and they were attacked by a rat, which turned out to be explosive, and mechanical.  Fortunately nobody was hurt.  Then they found a neighbor vomiting, with blood leaking from his pores.  Elsa cured him of his disease and they made their way to the warehouse and had a brief but violent encounter with Phoq Li, which concluded with his head in a bag.  The conveyor was out of fuel, requiring plutonium, but they did find adequate lodigng, and food supplies in the warehouse.

The Wizard Joseph

This has been a real treat to read! Sounds like good times indeed.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

who whacked him?  OH YEAH.

Mike has a bad temper.  And a monofilament katana.

Pergamos

Planning a new campaign in this same setting. Not Vietnam this time, exact location in the multiverse not clear yet but we'll get there. Characters so far include a wizard brain in a jar, a dragon, and a shaman who is hallucinating it all.

Pergamos

Well that isn't going to happen. What is with this setting being derailed by breakups?  First time it was me and my girlfriend, this time my wife's boyfriend broke up with her.  I think if I use this setting again I need to make sure there are no romantic relationships between players.