News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Lemmy is dead.

Started by EK WAFFLR, December 29, 2015, 01:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

This shouldn't be possible. The guy was superhuman.  :cry:
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Nothing can ever be cool again.   :cry:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pergamos

Lemmy is dead, long live Lemmy

MMIX

QuoteYou know I'm born to lose and gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it, baby
I don't wanna live for ever
And don't forget the joker

Motorhead - Ace Of Spades Lyrics - source MetroLyrics
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

LMNO

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

LMNO

I first heard Lemmy in Hawkwind, which made me listen to Space Ritual again, for the first time in more than a decade.  It holds up.

And though Lemmy doesn't play on this track. "Sonic Attack" seems to be perfectly made for this board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go0JMX3zNeA

In case of Sonic Attack on your district, follow these rules...

If you are making love, it is imperative to bring all bodies to orgasm simultaneously
Do not waste time blocking your ears
Do not waste time seeking a soundproof shelter
Try to get as far away from the sonic source as possible
Do not panic... (do not panic)

Use your wheels, it is what they are for
Small babies may be placed inside the special cocoons and should be left, if possible, in shelters
Do not attempt to use your own limbs
If no wheels are available, metal, not organic, limbs should be employed whenever possible...
Remember, in the case of Sonic Attack survival does mean every man for himself (for himself)
Statistically more people survive if they think only of themselves (only themselves)

Do not attempt to rescue friends, relatives, loved ones.
You have only a few seconds to escape
Use those seconds sensibly or you will inevitably DIE.

Do not panic (do not panic)
Think only of yourself (only of yourself)
Think only of yourself

These are the first signs of Sonic Attack:
You will notice small objects, such as ornaments, oscillating
You will notice a vibration in your diaphragm
You will hear a distant hissing in your ears
You will feel dizzy
You will feel the need to vomit
THERE WILL BE BLEEDING FROM ORIFICES
There will be an ache in the pelvic region
You may be subject to fits of hysterical shouting, or even... laughter
These are all sign of imminent Sonic destruction.

Your only protection is flight
If you are less than ten years old remain in the shelters and use your cocoon
Remember: you can help no-one else.

You can help no-one else.

Do not panic.
Do not panic.
Think only of yourself.
Think only of yourself.
Think only of yourself.

themanwhocreatedjazz

To be fair, he lived a pretty long time considering the lifestyle he led.

axod

Quote from: themanwhocreatedjazz on December 30, 2015, 02:54:42 PM
This is that reasoning again, right here, really.  Go fuck yourself
just this

themanwhocreatedjazz

Quote from: axod on December 31, 2015, 09:44:03 AM
Cheers Mate.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The reasoning that if you physically trash your body with drugs, alcohol, and indiscriminate sexual activity, it's not too shabby to make it to 70?

Can you point out what's wrong with the logic, or are you just going to have a temper tantrum over it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

I saw motorhead live once.  they were loud as fuck.

not many people have been to more motorhead shows than lemmy, himself.

maybe loud as fuck rock and fucking roll on a regular basis has health benefits?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

axod

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 31, 2015, 08:07:29 PM

The reasoning that if you physically trash your body with drugs, alcohol, and indiscriminate sexual activity, it's not too shabby to make it to 70?

Can you point out what's wrong with the logic, or are you just going to have a temper tantrum over it?

Well, seeing how everyone dies, perhaps making sense of it right now as the consequence of his non-traditional lifestyle is just something I find objectionable.
just this

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: axod on January 01, 2016, 10:22:36 AM

Well, seeing how everyone dies, perhaps making sense of it right now as the consequence of his non-traditional lifestyle is just something I find objectionable.

Is it making light, though? You may be reading that in yourself. I read it as "Wow, he had a good run for someone who ran so hard".

It is also possible that you are far more emotionally invested than others, who are trying to make conversation about a performer they don't really think about very much at all. Much like the absurd level of defensiveness you see in Bernie Sanders supporters whenever someone makes a joke about him, you may simply be so emotionally invested in Lemmy as a hero-figure that it brings you emotional pain when someone says something that you perceive as disrespectful of your hero, regardless of their intention.

Myself, I don't give a fuck and barely know who Lemmy is. I am totally unfamiliar with Motorhead's music. It's a stretch for me to really even be involved in this conversation at all because I do not actually care, beyond being interested that you told someone to go fuck themselves because they observed that 70 is not bad for a guy who was so hard on his body.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

axod

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 01, 2016, 09:08:39 PM
Quote from: axod on January 01, 2016, 10:22:36 AM

Is it making light, though? You may be reading that in yourself. I read it as "Wow, he had a good run for someone who ran so hard".

It is also possible that you are far more emotionally invested than others, who are trying to make conversation about a performer they don't really think about very much at all. Much like the absurd level of defensiveness you see in Bernie Sanders supporters whenever someone makes a joke about him, you may simply be so emotionally invested in Lemmy as a hero-figure that it brings you emotional pain when someone says something that you perceive as disrespectful of your hero, regardless of their intention.

Myself, I don't give a fuck and barely know who Lemmy is. I am totally unfamiliar with Motorhead's music. It's a stretch for me to really even be involved in this conversation at all because I do not actually care, beyond being interested that you told someone to go fuck themselves because they observed that 70 is not bad for a guy who was so hard on his body.
Thing is, it's not about that.  It's about respecting the recently departed, regardless.  The potential lost is greater than any reason you serve as explanation.
just this