News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

DEA Issues Stoned Rabbit Warning

Started by Brother Mythos, February 05, 2016, 01:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Mythos

"DEA warns of stoned rabbits if Utah passes medical marijuana"

Here's the link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/03/02/dea-warns-of-stoned-rabbits-if-utah-passes-medical-marijuana/

My first reaction to this was: And this is a problem because?

But, on second thought, I realized there may still be a few natural predators running around in Utah that all of those man-child gun fetishists out there haven't managed to kill yet. So, stoned rabbits could be in danger from any surviving straight coyotes, foxes, wolves, etc.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think the rabbit population would be impacted much, if at all, by that.

Even assuming the unlikely case of wild rabbits eating marijuana flowers.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD, I just listened to the audio!  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: That was AMAZING.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Won't somebody think about the bunnies?

The Good Reverend Roger

I see the foul hand of RWHN in this.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 05, 2016, 04:24:33 AM
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD, I just listened to the audio!  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: That was AMAZING.

I can't help but wonder, how hard would it be to talk that guy into writing an Official Endorsementâ„¢ for the showing of Reefer Madness to impressionable young people in high schools and church groups?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Gray Area on February 06, 2016, 09:07:09 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 05, 2016, 04:24:33 AM

I can't help but wonder, how hard would it be to talk that guy into writing an Official Endorsementâ„¢ for the showing of Reefer Madness to impressionable young people in high schools and church groups?

Not hard. Not hard AT ALL.

Freeky

That' would be brilliant.  I wonder if he'd know it'd been MST3K'd.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 06, 2016, 02:00:24 AM
I see the foul hand of RWHN in this.   :lulz:

"I deal in facts. I deal in science," could be a verbatim quote.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

His apparent complete ignorance of how marijuana grows, which parts contain THC, and whether animals eat it/what happens when they do was Amazing. A fucking mazing. The fact that he apparently has NEVER HEARD of the freeze reflex in small prey animals is similarly astounding.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 07, 2016, 12:24:10 AM
His apparent complete ignorance of how marijuana grows, which parts contain THC, and whether animals eat it/what happens when they do was Amazing. A fucking mazing. The fact that he apparently has NEVER HEARD of the freeze reflex in small prey animals is similarly astounding.

To be honest, I'd be much more surprised by a non-ignorant DEA agent.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on February 05, 2016, 11:44:33 PM
Won't somebody think about the bunnies?

I feel your pain. I assure you, the cute, little bunny rabbits hippity hoppitting around my backyard, at least, are being well cared for.

The only predators in my neighborhood are some very lazy, roaming housecats, an occasional crow, and some hawks that have easier pickins down by the river. My wife plants catnip behind our garage, so the neighborhood cats are usual too stoned to even notice the bunny rabbits. (I find one of the neighbors' cats sprawled out and cross-eyed in our catnip patch about once a week during the summer. My wife is, apparently, growing some primo stuff.)

Those cute, little bunny rabbits, however, went all 'scorched earth' on our carrots last spring. (I don't think they were into The Sustainable Food Supply Chain Managementâ„¢ thingy quite yet.) So, I had to build a chicken wire fence around and over the carrot patch. Our furry, little friends are now welcome to eat anything that grows through the chicken wire, but they have to be patient, and wait for us to share the rest of the carrots with them when we're ready to harvest them. ('Them' meaning the carrots, not the cute, little bunny rabbits.) 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 07, 2016, 07:46:51 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 07, 2016, 12:24:10 AM

To be honest, I'd be much more surprised by a non-ignorant DEA agent.

Yeah, that whole industry seems to be riddled with bad information and outright ignorance.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Does anybody else think that stoned rabbits would make a great premise for a webcomic?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 08, 2016, 07:53:12 PM
Does anybody else think that stoned rabbits would make a great premise for a webcomic?

Are you thinking something along these lines, or do you have something else in mind?