News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Richter and Me, a Prohibition Tale (in installments)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 05, 2016, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

At some point we need to accidentally cause the Boston Molasses Flood
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on February 06, 2016, 12:12:51 AM
I am sorry for nothing.  Blitzed on privilege it would be irresponsible to NOT shoddily imitate the tropes of gangster hop-hop.

I just had a mental image of Al Capone beat-boxing.  I blame you.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

EoC drove us up to the front of Badass Al's, a notorious dive in the Cishet District.  After a moment or two, the front door of the bar opened and a hulking mass of muscle moved out onto the sidewalk, absent-mindedly beating a drunk against the wall.  The man - for once he moved into the light, he was recognizable as such, dropped the drunk into a rubbish bin, and opened the front passenger side door of the car.  He reached in and threw Richter into the back with me, and settled into the front seat.  EoC's shocks - never in the best of condition - groaned.

"Just drive," he said to EoC, "any small talk and bad things happen."

EoC drove us, muffler dragging, around to Twiddington's shop.  As we parked, ECH reached into the back seat and held his hand out.  I dropped a bag of bills into his paw, and he grunted and heaved himself out of the car.

He stood in the street in front of the shop and bellowed.  A moment later, Twiddington and his moll stepped out into the street.

Twiddington's dame glared.

ECH glared back.

Twiddington's dame started dancing the Hucklebuck.  ECH replied with The Watusi.  Windows broke, and the manhole covers jumped for 3 blocks in either direction, as the two fiends moved from one devil-dance to the other.  She would do the Charleston, he would respond with the Latin Hustle.  A church a block down caught fire.  She did the Twist, he countered with the Lindy.  At some point EoC ran screaming down the street with only his parking ticket to cover his nakedness, screaming, "It's a madhouse!  A MAAAAAADHOUSE!"

A shockwave knocked Richter and I on our asses.  ECH looked down at his vanquished foe, and stumped off down the street, his part in this foul business completed.

Twiddington looked down at his unconscious dame, and screeched, "THEY'RE TRYING TO TAKE ME IRISH PRIVILEGE!  I KNOW!  I'LL CREATE A CORNER BAR AND HIDE AWAY!" 

A lousy dive of a saloon appeared next to Twiddington's shop, and he dove through the front door.  Richter and I shrugged and followed him.

to be continued

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Richter

Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Richter

Back home my head still spun.  What the deuce had I seen?  The massive sailor dancing up a storm, gunning down nuns, Eoc DRIVING.  I pulled a bottle of Miss Cleo's Jamaican ginger beer out of the icebox.  It'd settle my stomach, at least. 

I pondered another line, or a few dozen drinks, but put that aside.  Needed to level out, maintain for later, had to be seen having a certain appreciation, a certain appetite.  Part of the job.  Don't just TAKE the resource, RELISH it.  "Reverend" kept the straight face, so I played the unhinged one.  At least until EoC was around, then we'd tag team while the other watched our asses.

I sighed, and heaved my gunny sack onto the table.  Time to run some oil and a few pairs of silk knickers through the tommy, see what kind of mess the cheap ammo had left this time.

Eater of Clowns

Hey the parking ticket and I have a love you'll never understand! And we won't hide anymore!
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on February 06, 2016, 01:55:18 AM
Back home my head still spun.  What the deuce had I seen?  The massive sailor dancing up a storm, gunning down nuns, Eoc DRIVING.  I pulled a bottle of Miss Cleo's Jamaican ginger beer out of the icebox.  It'd settle my stomach, at least. 

I pondered another line, or a few dozen drinks, but put that aside.  Needed to level out, maintain for later, had to be seen having a certain appreciation, a certain appetite.  Part of the job.  Don't just TAKE the resource, RELISH it.  "Reverend" kept the straight face, so I played the unhinged one.  At least until EoC was around, then we'd tag team while the other watched our asses.

I sighed, and heaved my gunny sack onto the table.  Time to run some oil and a few pairs of silk knickers through the tommy, see what kind of mess the cheap ammo had left this time.

:lulz:  Except that EoC kept running.  He knows.  HE KNOWS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 06, 2016, 01:55:27 AM
Hey the parking ticket and I have a love you'll never understand! And we won't hide anymore!

I ain't here to judge...um.  Yes, yes I am here to judge.   :lol:

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Wizard Joseph

This is amazing!

You hear about them sometimes on the news, the big boys running the heavy privilege game. It's not that the exposure is some sign accountability. Quite the opposite. With the advent of the privilege racket came the inevitable flaunting and endless thirst for self justifying fame. It wasn't their fault really. Running around with that much Goddamnshit all the time... Of course they were using. You can run a clean business in drugs, but you show me the motherfucker that can just look at a giant pile of fine WASP and not take a taste!

Another church exploded the other night. ANOTHER dance-off, no official witness. Nobody's dumb enough to rollover on the privilege game. You don't do it if you want to live anyway. Them boys have enough to just walk into your cell and watch as the guards hang you with a bed sheet, but trust that it's going to be something more... memorable.

There's been an unusual number of cases of kuru popping up in the prison system and all of the usual fingers point to the cut-rate food suppliers. We all know who it really is.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz:

More tomorrow.  Richter acts irresponsibly, Big Ma gets hers in, and other stuff.

East Coast Hustle

This is Really Good Stuff.

I keep picturing it as a cartoon. No person in this parable is permitted to have proper personal proportions.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"