News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Robotic Exoskeleton – Truly Worthy Techmology

Started by Brother Mythos, February 11, 2016, 12:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Mythos

Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Faust

40 k is incredibly reasonable as medical devices tend to be quite expensive, when the prosthetic limbs became available they cost way more then this, and its cost will come down.
Its awesome that these are starting to deployed for testing, apart from just the obvious regained mobility these have the side effect of reducing muscle atrophy and with passive sensing can allow us to model and greater understand the effects of time on limited/paralysed limbs.

I've seen a few people pointing out the military potential of a lot of these, especially when the Japanese rice farmers were using the one that gives them 50kg upper body lifting capacity, but I really think their military benefits will be lacking as they will come with a trade off of speed. Their good applications outweigh the bad.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's a really exciting tech! I love prosthetics, and how they are increasingly enabling people who would otherwise be extremely limited to be full participants in society.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."