News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 24, 2016, 06:13:06 PM
I'm really curious how Gibraltar is gonna work itself out.

Spain will make demands and the UK will tell them to go shit in their collective hat.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

And all the Europeans living and working in the UK.

My own shift co-worker is Spanish, and 90% of the maintenance team are Polish, Spanish or Brazilian.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on June 24, 2016, 06:16:30 PM
And all the Europeans living and working in the UK.

My own shift co-worker is Spanish, and 90% of the maintenance team are Polish, Spanish or Brazilian.

Good point.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2016, 06:16:08 PM

Spain will make demands and the UK will tell them to go shit in their collective hat.

International shipping is gonna be FUN again.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2016, 06:16:08 PM

Likely, as we're being idiots.

Unfortunately for Gibraltar, there is a LOT of cross-border activity which will have to be shut down now.  If Spain holds out, for joint sovereignty or nothing...well, Gibraltans voted to Remain for a very good reason, that their economy will be up shit creek without free movement into Spain.  They'd have as strong an argument as Scotland or Northern Ireland for sorting out their own arrangements, and due to the unusual legal standing of Gibraltar as a UK territory, could even possibly make them stick.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on June 24, 2016, 06:04:22 PM
I'm sort of looking forward to everyone suddenly realising we're going to have to untangle 40+ years of laws, legislations and working practices and rebuild them from scratch and it's going to be as messy as fuck.

With many a fuckup and loophole to be inevitable.

As for violence, England for sure. I've got a personal bet on wigan but it's fucking ugly in Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and bits of the north Wales coast that I know about. Expect Bradford, Birmingham and Rochester are getting the same.

The reason I'm betting Wigan is that it has by far the most England flags hanging out I've ever seen in one town. London included. The graffiti also expressed dissatisfaction with non white residents quite strongly.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2016, 05:31:32 PM
The thing is, too many people view their vote as a means by which to piss off the other side.  And then they are shocked that real things happen.

This is pretty much exactly how Arizona operates.

QG, could you have a play with this? Suspect it will be relevant forever.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 24, 2016, 09:47:02 PM
I'm sort of looking forward to everyone suddenly realising we're going to have to untangle 40+ years of laws, legislations and working practices and rebuild them from scratch and it's going to be as messy as fuck.

As for violence, England for sure. I've got a personal bet on wigan but it's fucking ugly in Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and bits of the north Wales coast that I know about. Expect Bradford, Birmingham and Rochester are getting the same.

The reason I'm betting Wigan is that it has by far the most England flags hanging out I've ever seen in one town. London included. The graffiti also expressed dissatisfaction with non white residents quite strongly.

Well Wales is financially fucked now, without that EU investment.

Everything I'm seeing on the news is depressing me more and more right now.  I've said it often, but I really mean it now - this country is fucked.

I'm even considering going back to Australia.  That's how bad this is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 24, 2016, 11:46:07 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 24, 2016, 09:47:02 PM

Well Wales is financially fucked now, without that EU investment.

Everything I'm seeing on the news is depressing me more and more right now.  I've said it often, but I really mean it now - this country is fucked.

I'm even considering going back to Australia.  That's how bad this is.

Cornwall is fucking doomed.  They voted 56/43 to leave and THEN they want promises that the UK government will make up the missing investments.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

London, meanwhile, is trying to organise its own secession movement.

I'm not 100% on how serious this is, but I've seen references to petitioning Sadiq Khan to declare London a breakaway state or of having London join Scotland.

Bruno

Some yahoos in Texas are getting secession boners from all this, as well.

Well, I mean, they always have them, they're just pointing at them more vigorously now.
Formerly something else...

Cain

You got outplayed, Texans.  And by non-Americans, no less.

You talk about secession all the time.  We didn't even care about it until the election last year, and we were told it would fuck up the world economy, and we still did it.

Texas: all mouth, no pants.  Hence the vigorous secession boners in plain sight.

Suu

Some Canadian bitch just posted that the only people this matters to are the British, and that Canadians and Americans need to STFU.

So, I gave her links to the stock market.

Thread magically deleted.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 25, 2016, 04:20:53 AM
You got outplayed, Texans.  And by non-Americans, no less.

You talk about secession all the time.  We didn't even care about it until the election last year, and we were told it would fuck up the world economy, and we still did it.

Texas: all mouth, no pants.  Hence the vigorous secession boners in plain sight.

Texans have never been anything but mouth.  They think they're "the west", but they're basically a bunch of trailer parks in Southern Illinois.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Emo Howard on June 25, 2016, 04:16:11 AM
Some yahoos in Texas are getting secession boners from all this, as well.

Well, I mean, they always have them, they're just pointing at them more vigorously now.

Hmm, that would be the kind of turn of events that would force me to reconsider my current position in opposition to that southern border wall plan that keeps cropping up
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago