News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

This is fucking amazing.  You guys have actually managed to show the MAGA crowd how self-destruction is done downtown.
Molon Lube

MMIX

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 10, 2018, 09:02:23 PM
This is fucking amazing.  You guys have actually managed to show the MAGA crowd how self-destruction is done downtown.

Yeah, "Make Albion Great Again", you can buy red hats and everything
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Faust

Red hats and blue passports.

But yes in all his slug like vileness, the cheeto has never dangled the economy over Tartarus to make a point.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

MMIX

Quote from: Faust on December 11, 2018, 12:32:10 PM

But yes in all his slug like vileness, the cheeto has never dangled the economy over Tartarus to make a point.

Its just like the good old days of empire - once again GB leads the world

Its tragic really
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on December 11, 2018, 12:32:10 PM

"Remember, I'm a tariff man."

He didn't dangle, he just charged right over the edge.  Have you seen the Dow Jones recently?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I see May survived the no-confidence vote.

Which is, in it's own way, an indictment on the UK's government.
Molon Lube

Cain

It's OK.  When the Brexit treaty vote fails, Corbyn will trigger a no confidence vote, and then it will get clusterfucky

Faust

If the no confidence vote passes, a GE would be called right? Surely in that case they would vote to rescind article 50? Walking into a no deal, with no preparation and no government, it's like this mess wasn't dangerous enough so they poured gasoline on it.

MMIX

Quote from: Faust on December 13, 2018, 12:51:58 PM
If the no confidence vote passes, a GE would be called right? Surely in that case they would vote to rescind article 50? Walking into a no deal, with no preparation and no government, it's like this mess wasn't dangerous enough so they poured gasoline on it.

but her emails the Will of the People. Apparently we voted to commit national suicide and Parliament is legally obliged to be the executors of our Will. They seem to have forgotten that traditionally you have to declare yourself to be of "sound mind" in order for a Will to be valid. The lunatics have truly taken over the asylum

Cain

Quote from: Faust on December 13, 2018, 12:51:58 PM

Fixed Parliaments Act. You'd need 2/3rds of Parliament to agree first.

Faust

I really can't see what is the likely outcome so: No deal, May deal, Referendum II, or something else I am not seeing?

Cain

Brexit continues to go well.

Corbyn has confirmed that the DUP and ERG are hypocrites who would rather hold onto power than oust May when given the chance....but little else. 

May's plan is pretty clear.  She's going to run this up to to the wire, forcing the choice between her deal or no deal.  It's the obvious and indeed only play she can make.

What's less clear is what she and everyone else will do when her deal is voted down anyway.  May is pre-emptively ruling out a second referendum.  The only time a vote doesn't mean yes the first time is when people vote for Tory leader, it seems.  I have heard it floated that she wants to try and somehow poll MPs to find an acceptable solution.

However, that doesn't change the big issue that the EU says this offer is the only offer on the table.

It's going to be a fun 3 months.

Faust

SNP/Labour MP's want to introduce a bill that would revoke article 50 automatically if a deal isn't struck, if they do that it would defang Mays burning down the clock. It's even something I could see the DUP supporting that, as it maintains the integrity of NI with the rest of the Union.
But that is probably just me wishing. In this, the worst of all realities, the worst possible outcome will be stumbled into through indecision, can kicking and confusion as to what each option means.

Cain

I can't see it passing myself.  Labour would probably reject it, the ERG would definitely reject it and about half of the moronic "wIlL oF tEh pEoPle" parroting Tories would go along with them.

Faust

I think I am just starting to panic, this ride isn't fun any more and the door handle wont work.