News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Which may be what she was after, if we believe the "secretly wants a long extension" thing.

But France and Holland sound pretty sick of all this. And May hasnt followed the outlined steps from the EU to secure even the May date yet (as it turned out, her talks with Labour the SNP were a sham. Her idea of compromise is "you compromise, I will not")

Faust

Lord buckethead is running for european parliament, please please unseat farage with him
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Unfortunately, with the way European elections work, it's not going to happen.  But Lord Buckethead may prove a comic foil to the Farage in the EU Parliament, which is worth something. Maybe.

Fujikoma

Quote from: Cain on April 06, 2019, 11:12:29 AM
Which may be what she was after, if we believe the "secretly wants a long extension" thing.

... I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

A landslide for the only party openly campaigning for remaining in the EU in the local elections yesterday has been interpreted by Theresa May...as a message to "get on with it" over Brexit.

While you could argue that that the depressed Tory vote could be a protest from Leavers, especially since the Brexit Party are not running in the election, it's nevertheless the case that all parties openly pursuing Brexit, including Labour and UKIP, were punished at the polls, while the Greens and Lib Dems made massive gains.

Like...that's not a coincidence.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on May 03, 2019, 05:32:04 PM
A landslide for the only party openly campaigning for remaining in the EU in the local elections yesterday has been interpreted by Theresa May...as a message to "get on with it" over Brexit.

While you could argue that that the depressed Tory vote could be a protest from Leavers, especially since the Brexit Party are not running in the election, it's nevertheless the case that all parties openly pursuing Brexit, including Labour and UKIP, were punished at the polls, while the Greens and Lib Dems made massive gains.

Like...that's not a coincidence.
It's nice to see the greens get a good few seats also. Though I'm not sure are they the same as here?
I kind of appreciate what she is implying with that "getting on with brexit" could just as easily be "last chance to save brexit". I also hope this has scared the rebels and ERG enough that they understand that a general election will be devastation for them and that regardless of whatever else happens they are now stuck with May until at least december.

Cain

They're not exactly the same, but there's an organisation link through the Northern Ireland branch, and both are part of the European Green Party, so they're probably closer than most.

And the ERG never learn. There are new calls for May to step down due to the results.

Cain

So May will set out a timeline for her own departure in June, after the (fourth) vote on her dumbass deal, which will not pass.

The 1922 Committe hauled her in today to demand a timeline of when she would depart, because, for the Tories, the leadership is more important than a working Brexit deal.

Faust

I am quite looking forward to Boris Johnson or whatever prince who was promised going to the EU and being handed Mays deal, and being told to take the deal or take the hike

Cain

MAY IS GONE!

(soon)

Her replacement will be worse.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 24, 2019, 08:04:41 PM
MAY IS GONE!

(soon)

Her replacement will be worse.

I have commemorated her in my sig.
Molon Lube

Cain

Clearly she's crying about all those poor people she accidentally deported through not caring about due process or reasonable burdens of proof.