News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

New Zealand is very, very sane. It's actually really creepy.

Malta is also implausibly good, but it's implausibly expensive too. NZ is at least survivably priced.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

I've heard some things about the cost of living and work environment in New Zealand that kinda put me off. It's apparently no worse than London...but London is a shit hole when it comes to expenses. My parents are actually looking at Malta, but that's for when my father finally retires.

Still, University costs are not expensive for Australians...

Cain

Looks like the Cabinet might be a majority Leave one, if the rumours are true.

Raab to the Foreign Office, Sajid Javid to Chancellor and Priti Patel to Home Office (the horror).

altered

Wow, I'm sorry. I don't even know how you survive this one.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

It could be worse, if Raab were Chancellor the chance of a recession would go up massively. He's one of those libertarian types who think you can gut the administrative state and welfare and somehow make more money out of it.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on July 24, 2019, 12:50:46 PM
Looks like the Cabinet might be a majority Leave one, if the rumours are true.

Raab to the Foreign Office, Sajid Javid to Chancellor and Priti Patel to Home Office (the horror).

What's goves deal? "More senior position but no portfolio". Eh?

Raab at foreign could be a huge fuckup with Iran right now. Money on there for first resignation, if it lasts that long. Assuming Patel doesn't fuck up overnight. Nothing for reeee-moog yet. Thought that would have been agreed a while ago.

And truss for trade. That's a laugh. Mordaunt gone after 3 months as defence, despite that being an easy win to keep her in place. Face doesn't fit the role I expect.

Kind of upset expecting "ive pissed away over 3bn on literally nothing" grayling to get something. Just so everyone can point and say they're not as useless as him.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

They want to keep Gove where they can see him.

Rees-Mogg is now Leader of the Commons. Williamson for education. Amber Rudd at the DWP. Shapps is transport?! And Leadsom for business? Oh deary, deary me....

Junkenstein

Well, when you alienate anyone remotely competent, this is the pile of shit you have left to work with.

So, implosion shortly after summer? No point spoiling the planned holidays beforehand.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

This summer? Almost definitely. There will also probably be at least 3 major scandals unrelated to Brexit by that point, and I'm putting money on Patel and Williamson being two of them.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

https://www.apnews.com/c49e1d090dda4a90a042b5ec458ade8a

This is all looking really familiar.

QuoteJohnson, contradicting the opinion of most experts, has said leaving without a divorce deal will be "vanishingly inexpensive" if Britain is properly prepared.

He says he will "turbo-charge" plans for a no-deal Brexit — including beefed-up border measures and a multimillion-pound information campaign for individuals and businesses — and has set up a bodies including a high-level Cabinet "exit strategy committee" to oversee preparations.

Less than a hundred days to go.
Molon Lube

Cain

He's put one of his chief rivals, Michael Gove, in charge of No Deal prepartions, too.

You can see where this is going, it's all so predictable by this point.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2019, 08:26:36 PM
He's put one of his chief rivals, Michael Gove, in charge of No Deal prepartions, too.

You can see where this is going, it's all so predictable by this point.

So, tell me this:  If Brexit stalls in the UK and nothing at all is done, does the event still happen in October?  Or is this going to be more like what the EU parliament did to May?
Molon Lube