News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on September 19, 2019, 03:52:49 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 19, 2019, 02:41:16 PM
Fortunately I have no conditions that require medication. I have a month of non-perishable food stockpiled. I have savings in excess of five figures. I also have another passport and a job that allows me to pick my own hours and doesn't pay in sterling.

But do you have a Honda?

I have Hondas full of silver mines. Don't ask how that works.

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on September 19, 2019, 07:38:07 PM
"A Honda full of wormholes."  Got it.

LIKE A MOTORCYCLE ENTANGLED IN THE MUD.  MAYBE.
Molon Lube

Cain

Faust

Um, is that a coup, because that looks like a coup?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Faust

Ah ok so it's to ease the flow as opposed to eject remainer civil servants who wont comply with brexit orders.
This doesnt sound like something the military want to have to do

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Faust on September 22, 2019, 05:53:06 PM
Ah ok so it's to ease the flow as opposed to eject remainer civil servants who wont comply with brexit orders.
This doesnt sound like something the military want to have to do

Yes, and no, they don't.

In theory it will probably be to make up for the shortfall of civil servants in less critical departments, as Operation Yellowhammer has seconded a significant number of them to critical posts.

But that was under May's planning, which while generally incompetent and begrudging, was not outright hostile to the idea of Parliamentary democracy in theory. God only knows what Boris, Cummings etc are doing.

altered

Yellowhammer will be renamed to Redhammer, and the rhetoric will go full-bore 1950s "the fucking Reds" Comintern paranoid bullshit in the hope no one notices their country became an island prison where everyone will die of starvation or go mad. The Tower of London will end up looking like the Lost Bastille from Dark Souls 2, complete with the Queen stumbling blindly around a meat freezer someone set on fire while holding a greatsword the size of a flagpole.

I can't really imagine it being better than this, this is just my best guess at a realistic game plan from Boris and company. If it's not this, it's bound to be worse.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Yup. City Hall is investigating, along with at least one unspecified government department.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on September 23, 2019, 12:54:33 AM
Yup. City Hall is investigating, along with at least one unspecified government department.

If it isn't being investigated by the Dept of Administrative Affairs there is no justice in this world
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Faust

Proroguing has been found illegal and Parliament is free to sit at the speakers discretion (today is what he is saying if he can arrange it).
This is giving me false hope. It will be heartbreaking to watch labor etc squander this