News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Does the program usually have a better turn out than, uh, that guy?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Recidivism rates for convicted terrorists are, generally, much lower than they are for other crimes.

Though I haven't interrogated that data in any depth and I can imagine a number of specific factors that could have a significant outcome on that, it came via an academic I generally trust to know what he's talking about, so I'm inclined to say it's true regardless of some limiting circumstances.

Juana

Ah, thank you. I was just curious, so I appreciate it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Junkenstein

Having a quick look over the days headlines and quotes, I assume that "about 74" means "at least" 74 others in possible similar situations?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I'm guessing so, but I'm not willing to read the Mail or Telegraph to find out.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Faust

The tories started with a polled 100+ seat lead when they announced the election, that has now narrowed to 35+
I think they would have had a more successful campeign if they had taken a vow of silence. Two weeks left for that margin to reach parity with Mays 2017 one and resuming of the mexican standoff.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Well, they've only had 9 years to fix the law, obviously Labour is at fault here. And all those lost police officers due to cuts...well, they're no help anyway, right?

Notice they've kept Rees-Mogg away from the cameras since his Grenfell comments?

But this happens every time. Once the election fairness rules come into effect, Labour suddenly improve significantly in the polls. You'd think that would be a damning indictment of press bias in this country, but...

Faust

Quote from: Cain on December 03, 2019, 12:23:30 AM
Well, they've only had 9 years to fix the law, obviously Labour is at fault here. And all those lost police officers due to cuts...well, they're no help anyway, right?

Notice they've kept Rees-Mogg away from the cameras since his Grenfell comments?

But this happens every time. Once the election fairness rules come into effect, Labour suddenly improve significantly in the polls. You'd think that would be a damning indictment of press bias in this country, but...
They even have the gall to say there is an anti Tory bias in the media when this is the only time you dont see the exclusion of the other parties.

Cain

Hey now, they've only got the Times, Express, Mail, Telgraph, Sun, Evening Standard and apparently the BBC on side.

Not anyone significant.

Cain

This election is such a shower of bullshit.

Firstly, the story about the boy sleeping on a "bed" of coats? The bots are out in force, convincing the mainstream political journalists this didn't happen when it definitely did.

This comes on the back of what is clearly the case of the Tories concocting a fake story about one of their members being punched by a Labour activist and being uncritically repeated by the BBC, only for video evidence to emerge that this never happened.

Faust

It's like the worst case scenario for them, I'm actually horrified that they keep trying to do the hospitals as the PR thing and then having these (possibly infrequent) failings of the system in every one.
There's still a couple of days in it, I give it until the end of tomorrow before Boris is photoed standing on an elderly woman face down in a hall, while he wears a top hat and spins a pocketwatch.

Meanwhile, the Tories cannot rely on the DUP again more for their deal (they will actively vote against), and if the numbers are slim enough the DUP will put labor into power as long as it results in no special treatment of NI, which means soft or no brexit, which means being tied to the EU rules. The lead they have at the moment better manifest, because I suspect they are going to have trouble forming a government

Cain

I have a sinking feeling it's going to be a Tory-Lib Dem coalition. They've already made it clear that they would support a referendum on Boris' horrible plan rather than Labour's completely sane one, and their London strategy is pretty cleary targeting Labour maginals over ones where it would be a Lib Dem vs Tory race.

My only hope is that in that scenario, if the numbers added up, the SNP would consider an electoral pact with Labour. Desperate times call for desperate measures and all that.

Faust

Oh god you are right. They push for second ref or cancel brexit, but the ballot wont even have multiple choices will it:
Remain
MayBoris deal.