News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

So the UK is once again open for business.

Oh wait, that was meant to be Wednesday.

Once again, Tory communications are just fantastic. Also here comes a summer flare-up of the virus.

Juana

That's an impressive bungle, good lord. Or back pedaling and both are worth derision.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 11, 2020, 06:29:29 PM
So the UK is once again open for business.

Oh wait, that was meant to be Wednesday.

Once again, Tory communications are just fantastic. Also here comes a summer flare-up of the virus.

I am in awe. 
Molon Lube

Cain

The absolute best part? A couple of months ago, the press practically jizzing themselves over the "discplined and clear Tory party communications" (which they were obviously anything but).

I mean, sure, the Tories are going to kill a lot of people for no good reason and the press seem to be slowly waking up to that fact, only to shy away from it time and time again, but it's amusing.

One of the most galling aspects of the current crisis is that it's Piers Morgan who is ripping the government a new one over their daily acts of idiocy. He's actually pretty good at it, too, possibly because he's been personally affected by it.

Junkenstein

I've heard more coherent cut up poems than his last couple of performances.

Between the different rules for part of the UK and utter lack of clarity it gives a fair idea of how well the ongoing brexit negotiations are doing too.

The real fun will start when employers cant/won't abide by restrictions resulting in the economy getting double fucked. Those that can get their shit together by Wednesday can't even be sure that the requirements will even be the same tomorrow.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

A lot of unionised workers are going to start throwing Section 44 around, and rightfully so. They need to be provided with risk assessments, too.

Junkenstein

Which instantly becomes an utter joke due to the million possible uncontrolled risks involved with getting to any workplace. As there is no possible company control measure it remains a high unmitigated risk as your employer can do nothing at all about other passengers on a bus for example.

From the pictures of London tubes/busses earlier today, I'm guessing the second spike is coming in about 3 weeks.

I look forward to buying stealing my commerative copy of the daily hate with the "burn Boris burn" headline when the toll hits about 50k.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Oh yeah, absolutely. I think it'll be even earlier than that though, remember the VE Day Celebrations?

The Johnny

Just "keep alert" mate, everything will pan out.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Junkenstein

Cummings broke lock down at least twice to visit parents, government currently accusing police of lying about whether he was spoken to or not.

I'm glad to see that at least his kill the elderly idea started at home.

Cain

Also the BBC political editor is running interference for the government on Twitter. Straight up repeating government PR verbatim in reporters comments.

Junkenstein

Cain

altered

Cain, historically speaking what tend to be the results of what's happening in the U.K. right now? Rulers held to a different standard, incoherent messaging except for "when it comes down to it we are better than you", a crisis handled in the worst possible manner with plain evidence as to how it could be handled better, etc?

I might be wrong, but this resembles to me the lead up to a lot of successful historical revolutions, yes?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Quote from: altered on May 25, 2020, 12:06:24 AM
Cain, historically speaking what tend to be the results of what's happening in the U.K. right now? Rulers held to a different standard, incoherent messaging except for "when it comes down to it we are better than you", a crisis handled in the worst possible manner with plain evidence as to how it could be handled better, etc?

I might be wrong, but this resembles to me the lead up to a lot of successful historical revolutions, yes?

Historically speaking, in other countries, it looks pretty bad, yes.

Here, it reminds me of the early 1990s. A hilariously out of touch, corrupt government at every turn, confronted by a superficially slick and centrist Labour leader.

Hiding most of the dead bodies in nursing homes and the press being utterly incurious when it comes to criticising the ruling party are also key factors to consider.