News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 16, 2020, 03:49:48 PM
I mean, the thing is it looks like ineptitude but consider this: £1.5 billion has gone in government contracts, this year alone, to companies that didn't even exist last year and are owned by people related to Tory MPs or senior officials.

It's corruption, on a vast scale. Roberto Saviano, the fantastic Italian investigative journalist, considers the UK to be the most corrupt country in the developed world. Remember, this guy is not only from Italy, he's from Naples, a city the Camorra explicitly and openly run. And he considers this country worse.

Yeah, the lead vaccine contractor in the "Warp Speed" program over here was a dude in a condo.
Molon Lube

Cain

Sounds about right. Here it's either Serco - who are neck-deep in with the Tories nowadays - or the aforementioned companies that never existed before now. I mean, I can go on Companies House and register United Vaccine Solutions Ltd in 10 minutes, but I bet I won't get any government contracts.

You would expect the press to report on things like this, but the press are too busy obsessing over the micro-dramas of Number 10 staffing to pay attention to the actual pandemic, let alone the corruption behind the contracts to "manage" the pandemic.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on November 16, 2020, 04:09:09 PM
Sounds about right. Here it's either Serco - who are neck-deep in with the Tories nowadays - or the aforementioned companies that never existed before now. I mean, I can go on Companies House and register United Vaccine Solutions Ltd in 10 minutes, but I bet I won't get any government contracts.

You would expect the press to report on things like this, but the press are too busy obsessing over the micro-dramas of Number 10 staffing to pay attention to the actual pandemic, let alone the corruption behind the contracts to "manage" the pandemic.

But the nice thing about having all these former government services neatly outsourced to shitshows like Capita & Serco is that - if we ever get a proper labour government again - it will be a doddle to just grab them by the short and curlies and re-nationalise them . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on November 16, 2020, 04:09:09 PM

Slowly getting attention now. 500 odd companies without any real tender process awarded contracts and cash, more than a few pr firms in for over 500. Hancocks old pup landlord mate even got one. To supply medical gear. Sourcing said gear from a company already supplying said gear to government.

The levels of corruption are pushing guillotine levels. 12 billion on a shoddy and now forgotten app. You know what else 12 billion could have got you? About 1% of google. Now it's not majority shareholder level, granted, but I'm pretty sure if you had a word they'd sort it out for you.

Hells, you'd even get a nice divvy and ridiculous range and reach for any pr campaign you'd care to run. You might even get the fuckers to pay a bit of tax too. A threat to dump 12 billion worth of shares would have other shareholders pacify you a bit. If we're going to do the corrupt corporate capitalism thing then at least task functional companies and stop believing fucking capita and g4s can find their arse in the dark.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Faust

Tulips have a tangible value though, there isnt a single benefit to brexit

Some movement today, the treaty breaking stuff was dropped and the LPF has quietly dropped off the disagreements list so it call comes down to fish
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on December 08, 2020, 05:34:28 PM
Tulips have a tangible value though, there isnt a single benefit to brexit

It does if you're gambling on collapse.
Molon Lube

Faust

They could be disaster capitalists, I know Moggs father wrote the book about doing exactly something like this, but I am assuming the majority are planning on at one point transferring their wealth back into the UK which would mean the crash needs to be recoverable from within ten years or so

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on December 08, 2020, 05:59:33 PM
They could be disaster capitalists, I know Moggs father wrote the book about doing exactly something like this, but I am assuming the majority are planning on at one point transferring their wealth back into the UK which would mean the crash needs to be recoverable from within ten years or so

Isn't Farage already living abroad?
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 08, 2020, 06:31:20 PM
Quote from: Faust on December 08, 2020, 05:59:33 PM

Isn't Farage already living abroad?

Hes been cosying up to a gig in the US but trump losing may have put an end to that, and his wife and kids have german or french passports so probably

Cain

A lot of people who refused to support Labour in the last election now saying that this fucked up Brexit isn't their fault.

Yes, yes it is. You expected a party to go from 30 seats to dominating Parliament in a single election despite this having never happened in all of history and the polls not supporting it, and then helped torpedo the party offering the choice between a soft Brexit or a referendum. This is as much on you and your inability to read the basic political climate as it is on the people who voted to leave.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on December 09, 2020, 07:36:05 PM
A lot of people who refused to support Labour in the last election now saying that this fucked up Brexit isn't their fault.

Yes, yes it is. You expected a party to go from 30 seats to dominating Parliament in a single election despite this having never happened in all of history and the polls not supporting it, and then helped torpedo the party offering the choice between a soft Brexit or a referendum. This is as much on you and your inability to read the basic political climate as it is on the people who voted to leave.

Yeah, you guys have your own incrementalist "bernie or bust" crowd.
Molon Lube

MMIX

OK then, the clock is ticking down . . .  and twitter seems to have caught the mood of the room
"EU lays down a royal flush. UK looks at own cards: Mr Bun the Baker, Pikachu, a Shadowmage, a fireball spell, and the Fool"
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Faust

At least the basic deal was reached, lot of the chaos will be averted.
With the level playing field the EU did get what it wants: the uk like a rocket bound for distant galaxies failing to break from the planets gravity is now trapped in a stable orbit.

Cain

Yeah, the deal's a shit sandwich, but at least it is a sandwich.

Now we just have to worry about the pandemic that is raging out of control. More deaths per capita than the USA, 50,000+ infections per day, schools still due to open in January...it's going to be a fucking mess.