News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

This means after Letwin, Boris will be de facto in charge of Brexit too.

MMIX

Yeah that's going to be his poison chalice. And his length of rope.
Also He got us into this bind lets see how good he is at fixing the mess he made :popcorn:
Also, also I almost felt sorry for George Osbourne for a brief moment earlier but I'm over it now
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

New cabinet was supposed to be announced yesterday am. Still no complete list. Suspect it's a struggle to find the required numbers of mps willing to commit to actually being an MP for 15+ days out if a month. We know many have 2/3+ outside appointments so this is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Naturally, the book is open on all new promotions.

Cain disqualified and refunded in part in light of insider info. Inquiry results to be published in 3 days.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Junkenstein

Actually, 19th of July 2038.

Apologies to those defrauded in the interim.

Cain

Reactions to the Cabinet, such as it is:

Chancellor Hammond: boring, safe, non-entity.  Will do as he's told.  Would have been called "wet" by Thatcher.

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson:  :horrormirth:

Home Secretary Amber Rudd: Her CV includes a job as an "aristocracy coordinator".  You don't need to now anything more than this.

Defence Secretary Michael Fallon: Hypocrite and moral imbecile, preaches Christian values while attending lavish dinners put on by the arms industry.

Secretary of State for Exiting the EU David Davis: standard Tory libertarian hypocrite.  Sees no conflict in advocating for the death penalty while decrying state overreach on civil liberties.

Secretary of State for International Trade Liam Fox: Has taken money from the Sri Lankan, Bahraini governments.  Adam Werrity.

Junkenstein

Fox is nearly as stunning as Boris.

Again, I suggest that these are the people able to promise to attend for 20 15 8 days of every month parliament's in session.

It really is shaping up to be a full on shitshow rather than just a horrible and unpleasant period. Between Davis, Fox and Boris alone you're going to be neck deep in corruption and poor decisions.

Any word what happened with Letwin and the exit post? Not my first choice but better than the current appointment(s).

Cain

Nothing so far.  It may be that Davis will be in charge of Brexit, but Letwin will head the "Brexit unit".

Or it may be that Letwin has been dropped after the Foreign Affairs Committee pointed out he was an idiot last week.

Junkenstein

I'd suggest the second is unlikely. Remember, Boris has a job now.

With the rate new posts are being created I'm half expecting Farage to get a job as "Minister of Fags and port".

Cain

Junkenstein

Stopped clocks and all that.

Apparently Gove is right out, for what that's worth.

MMIX

The political journos outside no 10 are having way too much fun. As witness one Daily Wail journo who just giggled that this is "Morning Gory", and the BBC boys keep sniggering in disbelief. Or guffawing every time someone has to say that Boris is Foreign Secretary

Junkenstein

To be fair, I still can't say that without at least a snort.

More appointments: Hunt remains(Why?), Morgan gone(Who?) Gove confirmed gone(Silver lining). Grayling still in(meh.).

Thinking on this further, it seems the last person actually trying to make a positive change to UK government was Guy Fawkes.

Predicting at least minor riots within 3 months. "Camerons legacy" type articles strangely lacking any mention of this.