News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I'm also 90% convinced that the only reason the backbenchers haven't already deposed May is that they fear the effects it would have on Brexit, and the possibility of Boris Johnson taking charge of the party.

Speaking of...after his irresponsible comments yesterday, which have likely jepordised the life of Nazanin Ratcliffe, he should not only be sacked as FM, he should be publically tarred and feathered.

Anyway, back to Brexit, I think we stumble along to the point that it becomes clear that we are getting a shit deal or no deal at all.  After that....all bets are off. 

LMNO

Shit.  Too much going on.  What did I miss in the UK?

Cain

The PM gets a weekly briefing on the various nasty sexual things her MPs are doing.

That list was leaked to the press, along with some people coming forward to confirm allegations.  One Cabinet minister - Michael Fallon, whom I've previously descibed as a "hypocrite" and "moral imbecile" - has resigned as a result of this.  As you can see from the list, there are many more named.

Boris Johnson has falsely said that a British-Iranian woman arrested while holidaying in Iran was "training journalists" there.  She is charged with plotting to overthrow the government of Iran, which could extend to teaching opposition journalists, by Iran's standards.  But she's not there training journalists, she was visiting family.

LMNO

Sorry your government sucks almost as much as ours.

Junkenstein

:lulz:

Oh that list is gold.

"Liam fox - Adam Werrity".  :lulz:

And Will Wragg.  :lulz:

Can't wait for the lists from other parties.

Labour "Actual communist".
Greens "Has prop of Dr. Strangelove bomb at home. Rides it shouting yahoo."
Ukip "has no swastika tattoos, anywhere."
Lib-dem "Spends off hours beating kittens with rakes".
SNP "Secretly English".
DUP "IRA member. Active."

All these and more will look sensible and mundane by the time this is done.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I know, right?  That Liam Fox one has to be on purpose, it's just too good.  "No explanations needed, Adam Fucking Werrity, put it on the list and we're done."

Cain

Priti Patel has also resigned.

It's not clear whether she was off in Israel making foreign policy all on her lonesome, or whether she was off in Israel secretly circumventing the Foreign Office on May's orders to keep them and BoJo out of the loop...but either way, she's gone.

Patel was another one being tipped for a leadership role in a few years time, despite having no discernible leadership qualities, like good policies, common sense or charisma.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on November 09, 2017, 03:32:24 AM
... despite having no discernible leadership qualities, like good policies, common sense or charisma.

Sigh, she was perfect for leading the tories.

So what exactly was she doing? I've seen mention of "foreign aid to assist in combat operations in golan heights" which to me sounds like an illegal arms deal.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

Quote from: Faust on November 09, 2017, 07:49:36 AM
... despite having no discernible leadership qualities, like good policies, common sense or charisma.

So what exactly was she doing? I've seen mention of "foreign aid to assist in combat operations in golan heights" which to me sounds like an illegal arms deal.

To my understanding, no-one's quite sure. Direct questions are being avoided. Which is a surprise.

Also worth noting she's been replaced on the same day. Which is either a planned sacking or quick decision promotion. Or both. Regardless it doesn't bode well for this government as a long term entity. Which has longer term implications around the brexit negotiations. A government collapse prior and replacement with some kind of labour coalition, or even another tory coalition effectively resets any progress that might have been made. Assuming there is any to actually speak of. The exit date remains fixed so it becomes an increasingly impossible task to deal with.

The next bout of elections could be most amusing. Trying to get elected yet remaining away from power due to it essentially being some kind of poisoned chalice.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 09, 2017, 09:18:37 PM
A government collapse prior and replacement with some kind of labour coalition, or even another tory coalition effectively resets any progress that might have been made. Assuming there is any to actually speak of. The exit date remains fixed so it becomes an increasingly impossible task to deal with.

It's like you live at my job or something.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Faust on November 09, 2017, 07:49:36 AM

I believe the idea was to use foreign development and aid money to assist the IDF in building military hospitals in the Occupied Territories, which runs counter to established UK foreign policy, that suggests we have nothing to do with involving ourselves in Israel's idiotic mistakes. 

Cain

Pound is tanking due to rumours of a no confidence vote against May being planned.

If there is a coup being plotted, they need to put up or shut up soon.

Faust

If that happens though the DUP might pull the plug, be looking at another election.

Cain

Faust

It worked really well, so much clarity, we could do with more clear strong stability.