News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on June 23, 2016, 05:37:28 PM
What's the time difference?  I hear first results will be coming in around midnight, London time.

Time as of posting this message is 18:37.

I've heard final results should be "around" breakfast time.

Quote from: Xaz on June 23, 2016, 06:28:55 PM
I voted without having to provide any i.d. Seems prone to voter fraud. Just "name, address?" *crosses out my name on a big list* "there you go."

That's usual.  The checks are done when you register.

Quote from: Xaz on June 23, 2016, 06:32:17 PM
Oh, and apparently half of London (and probably the rest of the country) is flooded so it's chaos.

Cain made a smart move voting earlier.

Not surprised.  It rained pretty hard last night.

Cain

Gibraltar has voted to Remain.  No real surprise there.

Cain

Newcastle remains - but just barely.  Bit of a concern that, Newcastle was projected to be a solid victory.  Pound has started to lose value on that news coming out.

Cain

Sunderland voted to leave.  Pound is getting wobbly...

The Wizard Joseph

The money to be made shorting the pound hadn't occurred to me... oh shit!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Leave has been ahead all night so far.  Current tally via the BBC is 8.1 million for leave and 7.6 for remain.  16.8 million is apparently the winning number, based on estimated number of votes.

Cain

Sterling is shitting itself, as the Leave gain grows to 800,000 over Remain

Cain

BBC has just forecast a win for the Leave campaign

Cain

Leave currently has a million more voters than remain.

MMIX

Keith Vaz was on the verge of tears, poor man is shell-shocked. I know how he feels.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Farage, by contrast, has been acting like a complete twat all night.

Moreso than usual, I mean.  Completely insufferable

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on June 24, 2016, 05:09:06 AM
Farage, by contrast, has been acting like a complete twat all night.

Moreso than usual, I mean.  Completely insufferable

Yeah, and I loved the bit when he declared that this revolution had been achieved without a shot being fired. My chin hit the floor. Can we say tasteless?
Also - the closeness of the result seems as if it is within the bounds of the postal votes - most of which were registered before Jo Cox was assassinated.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Tasteless in the extreme.

Scotland has voted 62% to remain, as well.  So this is going to get messy.

MMIX

Yeah and
Sinn Fein calls for 'referendum on a united Ireland'
ITV News‎ - 23 mins ago

Cain