News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 27, 2016, 03:27:34 PM
"Venitari dies leading to Morpork campaigning to leave Ankh. Head of Builders guild has convinced Morpork residents that a big wall is needed to stop Ankh citizens abusing their services. Plot thickens when it turn out Morpork has no services it's actually a huge scam to implement some kind of apartheid so Ankh citizens can have no waiting for anything. Backers financing the split are revealed to be Quirm and various historic entities enemies."

Sounds like a Carrot story.  "A King Divided".

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

"Venitari dies leading to Morpork campaigning to leave Ankh. Head of Builders guild has convinced Morpork residents that a big wall is needed to stop Ankh citizens abusing their services. Plot thickens when it turn out Morpork has no services it's actually a huge scam to implement some kind of apartheid so Ankh citizens can have no waiting for anything. Backers financing the split are revealed to be Quirm and various historic entities enemies."

You should post that to the Original Story Ideas thread in the Literate Chaotic board
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO on July 27, 2016, 03:41:02 PM

Sounds like a Carrot story.  "A King Divided".

I forgot about carrot,,  would be a good end to his arc.

Also switch quirm to dwarves and that pretty much writes itself.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

OK Junkenstein, you get a point

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2016/07/26/who-funded-brexit/

QuoteAs Payne's rather uncharitable report suggests, Banks defines himself as an outsider, and reportedly defected from the Conservative party to UKIP after a social slight by the foreign secretary at the time, William Hague. He lives in Bristol with his Russian wife Katya, formerly named Ekaterina Paderina. In 2001 she married Eric Butler, a British seaman twice her own age, but the union ran aground after three months. The Home Office questioned the authenticity of the marriage, and might have deported her were it not for the intervention of her local MP, the Liberal Democrat Mike Hancock. In a curious footnote, MI5 (the Security Service, responsible for counter-espionage) later accused Hancock's assistant and girlfriend Katya Zatuliveter of being a Russian agent, although she was cleared in a national security court in 2011.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

It also raises the question about money in politics again. Shit like this is disturbing as the current us/UK political systems are designed to absorb as much money as you want to throw at them. The results are things like Putin playing with the US for fun because he's got more funds and rich friends than the candidates. It's only a matter of time before ukip or some other fringe gets a billionaire or two deciding to have a serious go.

When you escalate the level of funds, hilarious shit can occur. The propaganda level is drastically different between £3million and £20mil+

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 31, 2016, 02:35:06 PM
It also raises the question about money in politics again. Shit like this is disturbing as the current us/UK political systems are designed to absorb as much money as you want to throw at them. The results are things like Putin playing with the US for fun because he's got more funds and rich friends than the candidates. It's only a matter of time before ukip or some other fringe gets a billionaire or two deciding to have a serious go.

When you escalate the level of funds, hilarious shit can occur. The propaganda level is drastically different between £3million and £20mil+

Here, the problem has been magnified by Citizens United, which Clinton has promised to overturn. Doing so may require a Constitutional amendment, but she's a hell of a smart one legally speaking, so I suspect she has a strategy in mind.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pergamos

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 31, 2016, 06:31:33 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 31, 2016, 02:35:06 PM

Here, the problem has been magnified by Citizens United, which Clinton has promised to overturn. Doing so may require a Constitutional amendment, but she's a hell of a smart one legally speaking, so I suspect she has a strategy in mind.

I think all it will take is a few supreme court appointments.  The challenge will be getting them through congress.

Cain

News from the world of Brexit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37114418

QuoteBlack and ethnic minority people in Britain still face "entrenched" race inequality in many areas, including education and health, a watchdog warns.

A review by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, which also looked at employment, housing, pay, and criminal justice, found an "alarming picture".

Black graduates earn on average 23.1% less than white ones, and more ethnic minorities are unemployed, it found.

The government said it was committed to "delivering real social reform".
'Different world'

David Isaac, the commission's chairman, said the report reveals a "very worrying combination of a post-Brexit rise in hate crime and long-term systemic unfairness and race inequality".

"We must redouble our efforts to tackle race inequality urgently or risk the divisions in our society growing and racial tensions increasing," he warned.

"If you are black or an ethnic minority in modern Britain, it can often still feel like you're living in a different world, never mind being part of a one nation society."

QuoteThe commission, which carried out an analysis of existing evidence, said:

Black people in England are more than three times more likely to be a victim of homicide than those who are white
    Unemployment rates were "significantly higher" for ethnic minorities
    Black workers with degrees earn 23.1% less on average than white employees with the qualifications
    Ethnic minority people were more likely to live in poverty than white people
    Ethnic minorities are still "hugely under-represented" in positions of power - such as judges and police chiefs

And, although not just British:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37098643

QuoteAlmost 7,000 "Islamophobic" tweets were sent, in English, every day in July worldwide, data seen by the BBC suggests.

This compared to 2,500 in April, with peaks recorded following the Nice lorry attack and the attempted military coup in Turkey.

Forty-nine words and hashtags were used as indicators of anti-Islamic tweets, by the think tank Demos.

Twitter said it is "continuing to invest heavily" in tools to prevent abuse.

Demos analysed tweets recorded between March and July, and judged there to be 215,247 tweets - sent in English - that were "highly likely" to be anti-Islamic, derogatory or hateful.

The vast majority of tweets that could be located to Europe came from the United Kingdom, with other concentrations in the Netherlands, France and Germany.

The highest number of "Islamophobic" tweets to be sent in one day, 21,190, came on 15 July - the day after a man ploughed a lorry into crowds on the seafront in Nice, killing 85 people. Jihadist group Islamic State (IS) claimed one of its followers carried out the attack.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I tell you, this sort of stuff feels like it is reaching a breaking point.  Open Islamophobic sentiment hasn't been this popular in western discourse since the times we were proposing Crusades to deal with the problem.  Throw in whatever happens in November into the mix and...well, I don't have positive feelings about the immediate political future.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 19, 2016, 08:49:59 AM
I tell you, this sort of stuff feels like it is reaching a breaking point.  Open Islamophobic sentiment hasn't been this popular in western discourse since the times we were proposing Crusades to deal with the problem.  Throw in whatever happens in November into the mix and...well, I don't have positive feelings about the immediate political future.

Yeah. It's downright frightening. I can't help wondering how it will affect academia, what with the high percentage of people of Arabic descent.

Junkenstein

That's probably the most retarded thing I'll read today.

Cain

Just a reminder, this is an American, supposedly supporting state sovereignty, telling British people ITT how they should have voted

:lulz:

POFP

Quote from: Brother Nihil on August 27, 2016, 09:53:00 AM
Get over yourselves commie jew faggots. The rank-and-file natives of the West never invited these people in, and we aren't going to be vilified when they fail to live up to your commie jew faggot ideological fantasies. What you are doing is textbook commie jew subversion: push a narrative that somehow we (the people of the West exclusively) are obligated to allow the whole world into our lands, and if we resist, or if they fail to achieve exact equality immediately, then we are the bad guys. GO FUCK YOURSELVES COMMIE JEW FAGGOTS! We want nations for our people just like any others, and we reject your subversive narrative root and branch. YOUR KIND have brought conflict, crime, rape, race war and social destruction to our lands with your delusional ideology, not ours. MY KIND just want to live in peace among our own kind like all normal people the world over do. The problem is entirely the creation of this COMMIE JEW FAG ELITE that has its fangs in the Western opinion-making apparatus and pushes  this COMMIE FAG JEW bullshit ideology relentlessly in its COMMIE FAG JEW MEDIA AND ACADEMIA. We will oppose the subversion and reality distortion that your kind spread like a cancer wherever you go by force, because it is the only thing that you pencill-necked faggots understand. I say again, a thousand times: GO FUCK YOURSELVES! and see you on the battlefield!

:umad:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.