News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: Brother Nihil on August 27, 2016, 09:53:00 AM
GO FUCK YOURSELVES COMMIE JEW FAGGOTS! YOUR KIND. MY KIND. COMMIE JEW FAG ELITE COMMIE FAG JEW COMMIE FAG JEW MEDIA AND ACADEMIA. GO FUCK YOURSELVES!

[EDIT]: clarity.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Somebody's been working on their "screaming at the sun" game.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: Vivat Alty on August 27, 2016, 05:52:47 PM
GO FUCK YOURSELVES COMMIE JEW FAGGOTS! YOUR KIND. MY KIND. COMMIE JEW FAG ELITE COMMIE FAG JEW COMMIE FAG JEW MEDIA AND ACADEMIA. GO FUCK YOURSELVES!

[EDIT]: clarity.

:lulz: It's less parodical than his original post, which is the funny thing.  I know it isn't, it just reads like it.

Cain

Yet another pre-Brexit promise is broken:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37271420

QuoteTheresa May has rejected a points-based system for controlling EU migration, one of the key promises of Leave campaigners during the referendum.

Speaking in China, the PM denied she had "gone soft" on migration and said people backed Brexit because they wanted "an element of control".

A points-based model would not let the government control arrivals, she said.

Ex-UKIP leader Nigel Farage said many people had voted Leave for the policy, backed by Boris Johnson among others.

May was kind enough to reaffirm that she would also be breaking other pre-Brexit promises as well

QuoteDuring a series of interviews, Mrs May also declined to guarantee the UK would use money saved by leaving the EU to spend another £100m a week on the NHS or cut VAT on energy bills.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I say again, a thousand times: GO FUCK YOURSELVES! and see you on the battlefield!

Good.

I will eat your face.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 06, 2016, 01:58:08 AM
I say again, a thousand times: GO FUCK YOURSELVES! and see you on the battlefield!

Good.

I will eat your face.

In one sitting?  You know what these guys are like.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 06, 2016, 02:32:59 AM

Good.

I will eat your face.

I didn't say I'd digest it.

Cain

The fun continues:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37291830

QuoteThere is no reliable data to identify EU nationals in the UK or the length of their stay in the country, immigration minister Robert Goodwill has said.

He told MPs this lack of detail would not affect Brexit negotiations as he could not foresee a situation in which all EU nationals were told to leave.

Ministers say they cannot guarantee EU nationals living in the UK the right to stay without reciprocal assurances.

But Labour's Chuka Umunna said this stance was now just a "pretence".

Prime Minister Theresa May has said she would expect to guarantee all EU citizens currently living in the UK the right to remain after the UK leaves the EU but this will depend on other EU countries offering similar assurances to British citizens living there.

I'm also fairly sure the EU will demand collective bargaining on this issue, ie; that all EU nationals regardless of individual country of origin must be treated the same.

This is something that the EU does have, and will crop up again and again in negotiations.  For example, all other EU member states must agree to the terms the UK leaves under.  If not, then the UK will have to re-negotiate the exit.  The UK's bargaining power versus the EU is extremely weak due to this, but no-one really likes to talk about it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 06, 2016, 10:35:39 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 06, 2016, 02:32:59 AM

Good.

I will eat your face.

I didn't say I'd digest it.

I particularly like the "See you on the battlefield", by which he means "the local Starbucks."

Probably optimistic.  The chances of him leaving his mother's basement are right between "Jack" and "shit".

Cain

UKIP has picked it's new leader.  Diane James was the former home affairs spokesperson for UKIP, admirer of Putin (of course) and graduate of Thames Valley University, which is disconcerting.  Thames Valley may have improved now, I don't know for sure, but when I was applying for places, it was well known the main requirement of Thames Valley was "has a pulse, can move under own power".  It was Regent University for people too poor to sit around and smoke pot all day.  And it had been that way for decades.

Junkenstein

Oh gods.

Taking bet on time until first stupid racist statement. No bets over 4 days please, you know it won't take that long.

In fact, good money should be on it having already happened.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Diane James on Romanians:

Quote"On 1 January 2014 the floodgates will open for Bulgarian and Romanian citizens [to come to Britain].

"We are not just talking about pressure on services from immigration but also, and I have to say it, the crime associated with Romanians."

Junkenstein

OK, first new statement then.

Various reports that the announcement had speakers dropped and changed. Must not have had the usual brown envelope to pay the Hamilton in.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Jeremy Corbyn remains Labour leader, actually gaining vote share on his previous victory.

Look, I'm not exactly thrilled with him as leader myself (it's not so much his policies, but his inaction and apparent inability to lead), but when the dude wins twice, as convincingly as he did and with a media as hostile as he did, it rather suggests continuing Labour's ongoing orgy of fraticide is going to go very badly.

Hopefully the party make accommodation with this and move on, though I wouldn't place any large bets on Labour doing something sensible.