News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Falklands will never go back to Argentina, or independent. 

QuoteOn a turnout of 91.94%, an overwhelming 99.8% voted to remain a British territory, with only three votes against

Argentina's a complete basket-case economically, and the status of former British subjects on the island would be extremely uncertain, to put it mildly.  And the Falklands aren't going to go independent and pay for their military defense themselves.

Junkenstein

That's far too reasonable. Current fear mongering should mention Argentina sneak attacking while Brazilians are cutting off heads. Or something.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

AH HA HA HA

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/22/brexit-deal-could-end-eus-top-court-warns-europes-senior-judge/

QuoteEU's top court could rule over the content of any Brexit deal, Europe's most senior judge has warned.

Koen Lenaerts indicated that the European Court of Justice, long considered by Eurosceptics as a bastion of European interference, could preside over Britain's exit terms.

OH HO HO HO

QuoteSteve Peers, a professor of EU law at Essex University, told the FT: "It's probably only a matter of time before some aspect of the Brexit issue gets decided by the EU courts and there's no small irony in that prospect."

It came as Brexit Secretary David Davis was warned that negotiations for leaving the European Union will be ""tough" and "intense" as MEPs stressed that the UK would not be able to remain in the single market without accepting free movement of people.

QuoteSpeaking at a Westminster media briefing, the Number 10 spokesman declined to respond to repeated questions over whether the relationship the Government is seeking would require single market membership.

HE HE HE

The clowns are running the circus and have forgot that the ringmaster is actually pretty important. Unfortunately the ringmaster is insisting on being mute and letting shit devolve into a full blown cesspit explosion.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Vanadium Gryllz

Listening to Theresa May's speech right now. She is working hard at appearing not-stern and upbeat but she's doing well.

Complete wishlist at the moment but I suppose it's the beginnings of a plan. Full leave and renegotiation is going to be madness though.

EDIT: Oh but wait: Scotland say they want to retain single market access.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Theresa May
It is not the means that matters, but the ends.

Uhh
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Brexit won't have a negative effect on the UK economy. Businesses leaving is empty fear posturing from the remain camp.
Oh what's this...

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/lloyds-london-leaving-london/

I was expecting some of the smaller banks to do this, but Lloyds going is a huge problem, that will trigger some of the associated banks to move as well.

The worst is, because of the size of lloyds, and because of peoples automatic reaction to this, which will be to close accounts and move to Banks remaining British, the impact on the sterling and the financial stability of the uk is going to be risky. I would find it hilarious if Teresa May has to give a statement asking people not to close their accounts with this european bank as it could be damaging to the UK.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Along with HSBC and Deutsche Bank, this is going to gut London's financial centre.

Cain

On the plus side, if London is completely gutted, the air might become breathable again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38716498

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

There's a reason I'm staying inside with the windows closed (other than it being cold outside).

I like how in 8 years time, the level may be considered safe, by the standards set by the EU which we are about to leave.

Salty

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2017, 04:43:15 PM
On the plus side, if London is completely gutted, the air might become breathable again

Perhaps we can set up a business selling canned air. Sweet, Mt Hood, Oregonian air. For $50 per 12 oz canister. I am ready to bottle, sir.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Amazon keeps sending me all this air in plastic pods. Maybe we could sell those.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2017, 04:43:15 PM

Yeah, when I had to cross it I would come home and have to sit in the shower with lots of steam till my asthema subsided.

I had kind of expected deutchbank, not so much hsbc, but I was really surprised with Llyods would have thought of them as British as they come.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Supreme Court ruled we are still a country of laws, not men, and that royal perogative does not give the Prime Minister power to unilaterally break international treaties.

Expect allegations of treason and death threats against the judges in short order.