News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Presumably the idea is use their claim to being the anti-Brexit party "seriously", thrash the Dems and then claim it's a mandate for Brexit because if people were seriously against it, the Lib Dems would've won big.

Junkenstein

That makes a disturbing degree of sense. Particularly when the biggest lib-dem win ever was still pathetically small. Beating up the weak to show how powerful and dominant you are pretty much summarises the typical tory style of government.

So this is how the UK becomes a one party state. The left becomes ideologically the same as the right with different language and then just allows itself to implode while blaming everyone else.

My timescale for getting the fuck out of here just kicked up a notch. You know, while we still can.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

The Ho Ho continues. The eu has sent out initial bargaining points to which the UK would be smart to agree to as they are pretty much reasonable and asking the reverse would be an easy win for all concerned.

Needless to say, this is being touted as further examples of the eu mafia acting like some kind of club that only wants to protect its own members interests. How very unreasonable.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

The only element of the EU's bargaining stance that worries me is that they wont negotiate a trade deal until a separation deal is made.

That could very easily see the clock run out on the UK's EU membership without a replacement EU trade deal in place (these things take years to negotiate).  And in the interim, this would mean reverting to the WTO rules, aka "prices go up on everything and we're all fucked".

I expected them to take this stance, because it hurts us more than it hurts the EU, but I can't say I'm happy about being right.

Junkenstein

The Ho Ho continues with the resurrection of Blair.

It's times like these where I think about a crowd sourcing platform for assassinations.

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 01, 2017, 06:41:02 PM

It's times like these where I think about a crowd sourcing platform for assassinations.
:horrormirth:
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Faust

The leaks on the Junker/May meeting (most likely by the commission themselves which is bad form) is a hard read

https://twitter.com/JeremyCliffe/status/858810953353367552

I'd take a lot of that with a pinch of salt, it's the start of a negotiating process and both sides were always going to overstate the case, the interesting one is that the EU won't make any trade agreements unless the UK pays all dues, which of course was the fire that Farage/Boris used to rally voters for Brexit.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 01, 2017, 06:41:02 PM

Is it bad that I kinda miss Blair?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Blair's evil looks fantastically competent compared to the last three shitshows who have been PM.

He was almost like walking proof of the "Lyndon Johnson liberal hawk" school of political thought, which says its possible to have successful welfare measures at home, so long as you wage deranged, pointless wars abroad to offset right-wing criticism.  The NHS was more or less funded, as were the schools (neither of which are now), and we actually had real influence in Europe (lololololol).

Cain

Quote from: Faust on May 01, 2017, 10:48:43 PM
The leaks on the Junker/May meeting (most likely by the commission themselves which is bad form) is a hard read

https://twitter.com/JeremyCliffe/status/858810953353367552

I'd take a lot of that with a pinch of salt, it's the start of a negotiating process and both sides were always going to overstate the case, the interesting one is that the EU won't make any trade agreements unless the UK pays all dues, which of course was the fire that Farage/Boris used to rally voters for Brexit.

May is denying it, but I have to admit, it reads as being pretty accurate.  May is incredibly weak on foreign affairs - her lack of knowledge almost certainly means she is underestimating the difficulty of extracting the UK from the EU, and if she's treating the civil service like the press...well, I can see why no-one would be able to tell her otherwise.

MMIX

'Nobody knew that health care Brexit could be so complicated'  :horrormirth:
no wonder she invited agent orange over for some bells and whistles with elizabeth windsor; she's apparently as stupid and arrogant as he is
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

https://www.ft.com/content/cc7eed42-2f49-11e7-9555-23ef563ecf9a

QuoteFollowing direct requests from several member states, EU negotiators have revised their initial calculations to maximise the liabilities Britain is asked to cover, including post-Brexit farm payments and EU administration fees in 2019 and 2020.

Although over coming decades Britain's net bill would be lower than the €100bn upfront settlement, the more stringent approach to Britain's outstanding obligations significantly increases the estimated €60bn charge mentioned by Jean-Claude Juncker, the European Commission president.

Cain

Meanwhile... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39784170#

QuoteTheresa May says she will be a "bloody difficult woman" towards European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker during Brexit talks.

The PM revived a line used during her Tory leadership campaign to respond to claims the two clashed over dinner.

She also declined to commit to settling the issue of expats' rights by June.

EU sources claim UK misunderstanding of the talks process, and ignorance about how Brussels works, could lead to no deal being agreed on the UK's exit.

But STRONG AND STABLE amirite?

Junkenstein

Astounding. "No deal" is pretty much inevitable now.  Cue 2 years of being told why this is better than the existing arrangements.

This is like bluffing at poker when you have a hand of shit and your opponent has openly shown a royal flush and is asking you nicely not to give them any more money because you can't fucking win. May and Co seem to genuinely believe that the UK is somehow more important than 27 other countries combined and the inevitable results will not be pretty.

In totally unrelated news, I'm trying to talk Carlos the jackal into a patreon deal.

Cain

It's going to be a clusterfuck.  A strong and stable clusterfuck, if that's any consolation.