News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Bercow has had enough. The Speaker just said an hour ago that he won't allow yet another vote on the same legislation.

I actually quite like Bercow, he's not easily cowed by the Tory crazies, which pisses them off no end.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 18, 2019, 04:21:05 PM
Bercow has had enough. The Speaker just said an hour ago that he won't allow yet another vote on the same legislation.

I actually quite like Bercow, he's not easily cowed by the Tory crazies, which pisses them off no end.

Prediction:  May will wait a week, change the wording in a single clause, and run it through parliament.
Molon Lube

Cain

Bercow has said that unless there's a change that the EU agrees to, he won't do it.

I mean, May would certainly try that. She is the first PM to ever be found in contempt of Parliament, after all.

More likely, May will end the Parliamentary session, since that would allow her to put the vote forward again.  But it would make it clear that she is being a tard.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 18, 2019, 08:04:40 PM
Bercow has said that unless there's a change that the EU agrees to, he won't do it.

I mean, May would certainly try that. She is the first PM to ever be found in contempt of Parliament, after all.

More likely, May will end the Parliamentary session, since that would allow her to put the vote forward again.  But it would make it clear that she is being a tard.

To the people WAY THE FUCK in the back row.  :lol:
Molon Lube

Cain

Well, the EU just lost their patience.

They just said a short extentsion of Article 50 will require Parliament to pass May's deal.

LMNO

Cain

People are talking like this will prevent No Deal, which just shows how they don't understand anything.

Parliament has to agree on something, which the EU can then agree on, to prevent No Deal.  Or the EU has to extend Article 50.

Unless those conditions are met, No Deal is the automatic outcome, whatever Parliament has voted for.  It's the default.  And it's due to expire next Friday.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on March 20, 2019, 05:36:24 PM
People are talking like this will prevent No Deal, which just shows how they don't understand anything.

Parliament has to agree on something, which the EU can then agree on, to prevent No Deal.  Or the EU has to extend Article 50.

Unless those conditions are met, No Deal is the automatic outcome, whatever Parliament has voted for.  It's the default.  And it's due to expire next Friday.

Parliament has to agree on something

Cain

Exactly, you grasp the inherent flaw.

So I have a small bet on May triggering the civil contingencies act after her speech this evening at 8pm and declaring martial law.  Especially since the word on the street is she intends to go "above the heads" of Parliament which is impossible given...Parliament is sovereign.

Cain

Also Macron is apparently even more pissed than the EU and has threatened, according to unconfirmed French media reports, to veto all delays to Brexit.

Cain

Oh, and Operation Yellowhammer, the "No Deal" contingency plan was meant to be mobilised this weekend for Monday anyway.

Not that Operation Yellowhammer has anywhere the resources needed to handle No Deal Brexit, which is why we will be abandoning all customs checks at the borders to keep goods coming in, apparently.

Yay, legalised smuggling.  Lead paint chips for everyone!

LMNO

altered

There is so much HERE. I don't know what to tell you U.K. folks, it's like the American preppers were right but on the wrong landmass, and assuming malice instead of dogfucking stupidity.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Faust

I'm fairly certain the EU tactic now is to allow no deal to happen, asset stripping commences, either the UK comes back either looking for Mays deal or full customs union without the backstop.
11% or 1tn pounds of the asset management portfolio is moving out of the UK and that is now regardless of brexit happening or not, they cant wait any longer
https://www.ft.com/content/016171be-4a74-11e9-8b7f-d49067e0f50d
I would expect these to increase after no deal occurs.
Sleepless nights at the chateau