News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on October 30, 2019, 07:06:39 PM
A minority government can work if everyone is working to a common goal. The only thing the opposition seem capable of is extensions, not even other referendum or placeholder PM.
I keep contrasting with Ireland and everyone is probably sick to death of me doing so

Naw, that's actually the most fascinating part of all of this.

The rest is just idiots beating their heads into a wall while screaming "self-determination".
Molon Lube

Magpie

Irish politicians have to consider transfer votes, that probably does tone down the winner takes all aspect, Ireland has also only had 6 majority governments in the past 96 years.

It would be...interesting to see Boris attempt to negotiate support for a minority government from one on the other main parties when he couldn't even keep the 10 DUP MPs on side.

Junkenstein

Lib dem coalition I tells ye.

Swindon has gone full jesus and is throwing around campaign guff with "the next pm" on it.

Farage lives and is trying to make deals with the tories. Presumably using fear and threats as the actual mp candidates are laughable(Widdecombe) , incompetent(Widdecombe) or just a bit too far to the right of goebbels to do anything other than provide embarrassment (Widdecombe).

And she's one of the better ones in the field.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Looks like Farage is still all in on a No Deal Brexit, he's called on Boris to ditch the deal or the Brexit Party will run against Tory candidates.

Given the Brexit Party is polling at around 13%, this is not an idle threat.

Meanwhile, Trump continues to interfere in our elections, telling everyone how bad Corbyn would be for us (and, given Trump's popularity in the UK, and the linkage between Boris, Trump and a trade deal that carves up the NHS, probably favours Corbyn).

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 01, 2019, 01:08:10 PM
Looks like Farage is still all in on a No Deal Brexit, he's called on Boris to ditch the deal or the Brexit Party will run against Tory candidates.

Given the Brexit Party is polling at around 13%, this is not an idle threat.

Meanwhile, Trump continues to interfere in our elections, telling everyone how bad Corbyn would be for us (and, given Trump's popularity in the UK, and the linkage between Boris, Trump and a trade deal that carves up the NHS, probably favours Corbyn).

Trump - on the advice of Miller - really, really wants the UK to be isolated with only the USA as a potential trade partner.  Steven Miller wants this so bad his little Nazi dick is hard.
Molon Lube

Cain

Oh yeah, I can believe it. You can usually do disaster capitalism on a multinational, sometimes an entire industry if it's distressed, or some third world country that's just been invaded/had a coup/been hit by tsunami.

But disaster captalism on a first world economy, on the 7th largest economy on the planet? With potentially everything up for grabs? Of course the US wants us with our backs to the wall, so we have to come to them cap in hand. Hundreds of billions in assets will be temporarily distressed and potentially up for grabs. It'd be the biggest firesale in the history of the world.

Cain

10 Downing Street is sitting on an apparently explosive report regarding Russian interference in the 2016 referendum.

The Intelligence and Security Subcommittee, the former national security advisor and chair of the Joint Intelligence Committee, and the former independent reviewer of terrorism legislation, in addition to anonymous currently serving security officials have all said there is no need to delay release.

Well, unless you're Boris Johnson and it turns out segments of the Leave campaign were influenced, manipulated or promoted by Russian intelligence activities.

Fujikoma

The pro-wrestling shenanigans are pretty telling, considering this shit has all gone viral at once, also consider the cheeto complexion and other trends that have been big as of late. The fuck is this shit? It would be funny if it weren't fucking apocalyptic in scope. What failed fucking test tube did we get these sick babies from?

EDIT: Not to be racist, but never trust a fucking orange person.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 05, 2019, 12:27:45 PM
10 Downing Street is sitting on an apparently explosive report regarding Russian interference in the 2016 referendum.

The Intelligence and Security Subcommittee, the former national security advisor and chair of the Joint Intelligence Committee, and the former independent reviewer of terrorism legislation, in addition to anonymous currently serving security officials have all said there is no need to delay release.

Well, unless you're Boris Johnson and it turns out segments of the Leave campaign were influenced, manipulated or promoted by Russian intelligence activities.

I am hardly shocked, but this could be funny.

What are the odds of the report leaking without Johnson wanting it leaked?
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 05, 2019, 05:13:34 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 05, 2019, 12:27:45 PM

I am hardly shocked, but this could be funny.

What are the odds of the report leaking without Johnson wanting it leaked?

Almost certain within 2 weeks.

It's also almost certain to make no difference to the results.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

The government leaks so much it might as well be a sieve, but at least part of that was aimed at getting Theresa May out.

Now, I'm not so sure. The kind of people calling for it to be released are the kind of people I would not normally suspect of leaking information. Grieve, for example.

Junkenstein

It's been completed and floating around since March, so I would guess a copy will be "found on a train" sooner rather than later. Defuckwit has more enemies than friends so it seems inevitable one will fuck him over.

Probably gove now I think on it, particularly now he's no longer needed he will be looking for the way to the top job.