News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Looks like Johnson found a woman that was ambitious enough to sleep with him.

https://apnews.com/ee6f17e1b343445b9c28132437d01f40

That's a lot of ambition.
Molon Lube

Cain

Well, she was getting a lot of contracts for it.

In other news Aaron Banks (former UKIP financier, Leave.eu financier, cingingely self-described as the "bad boy of Brexit") had his Twitter DMs hacked and passed onto the Guardian.

Nothing else is known as of yet, but Andy Wigmore can be seen losing his shit on Twitter currently, so it could be good.

Fujikoma

She's also upset he blocked her and isn't returning her calls like some kind of fling or one night stand. Shame on him.

Faust

Looking at the content of some of those tweets...

If you are going to commit surreptitious business, please dont do it in twitter DM's. I am insulted at the incompetence of the conspiracy, we used to have better villains
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on November 19, 2019, 04:32:46 PM

If you are going to commit surreptitious business, please dont do it in twitter DM's. I am insulted at the incompetence of the conspiracy, we used to have better villains

The problem is the quality of victims.  We do not demand a better villain, so the market will not invest in a better villain.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

First live debates ongoing. A mute with a Mr T. In your pocket device could and would do better. "shuddup fool" is more substantial than any answer given so far.

If corbyn had the balls to attack properly, just once, this could have been a real boost. Shame he either can't or won't. Nicollo is screaming at them both from the grave for just being so fucking inept.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 19, 2019, 04:34:55 PM
Quote from: Faust on November 19, 2019, 04:32:46 PM

The problem is the quality of victims.  We do not demand a better villain, so the market will not invest in a better villain.

Real villas have been subject to austerity measures so we now just get shit that scooby doo rejected for being juvenile.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

That was a fucking beautiful song. Where did you find it?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 20, 2019, 02:09:57 AM
That was a fucking beautiful song. Where did you find it?

On a stand alone political BBS.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/forum.php

Do you see what I've been reduced to during my stint in FB jail?
Molon Lube

altered

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Prison mentality is a scary thing. One day you'll realize you don't want to be out of FB jail. You won't know how to reintegrate to FB society. Then you find yourself shanking an old lady for being a TERF and history repeats.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 20, 2019, 02:16:42 AM
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Prison mentality is a scary thing. One day you'll realize you don't want to be out of FB jail. You won't know how to reintegrate to FB society. Then you find yourself shanking an old lady for being a TERF and history repeats.

The guards just say "see you real soon".
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 19, 2019, 08:41:05 PM
First live debates ongoing. A mute with a Mr T. In your pocket device could and would do better. "shuddup fool" is more substantial than any answer given so far.

If corbyn had the balls to attack properly, just once, this could have been a real boost. Shame he either can't or won't. Nicollo is screaming at them both from the grave for just being so fucking inept.

That's the thing though, being seen as a boring beardy man works for Corbyn.

The media have spent a significant amount of time trying to declare him a screaming Marxist dictator in waiting. as per the below graph:

(source: Analysis by Loughborough University of positive/negative coverage of political parties in newspapers this election, weighted by circulation)

Being seen as a normal man saying normal, sensible things stands in stark contrast to both his negative reporting and to Boris Johnson's blundering idiocy

Cain

In other news, the Tory party did this yesterday

QuoteThe Conservative Party's press office convincingly pretended to be a fact-checker on Twitter tonight, posting fake fact-checks nearly every minute of the ITV debate. There's no other way to introduce a piece of news that's this dire, nor to announce something so depressing for democracy. The party took their account @CCHQPress – a verified account for the Conservative Campaign Headquarters press office – and awarded it the name "factcheckUK", using a new profile picture, new header, and branded videos and GIFs to make it resemble a third-party organisation. It made no reference to the Conservative Party other than the handle's opaque acronym. 

QuoteAround 15 minutes after the debate concluded, CCHQ turned back into a pumpkin – reassuming its original Conservative Party branding and stating its true identity in its bio, as though nothing had ever happened. But while most political stunts tend to work in spite of any backlash, this case may be different. Twitter has suspended verified accounts for far less and beyond the social media site, there are legitimate arguments for the Electoral Commission to intervene. While CCHQ has performed a gross subversion of democracy, it may have given this country what it finally needs: a chance to crack down on social media usage by political parties and update its outdated laws for a new world.

Update: This article was amended on 20/11/2019 to reflect the fact that Twitter has decided to issue a warning rather than ban or unverify CCHQ. 

Doktor Howl

Of course they were only given a warning.   :lulz:
Molon Lube