News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

True, they are probably annoyed he missed a trick and didn't throw some line in about bootstraps, if those that died in the fire had had the motivation to go out and work they would still be alive
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on December 17, 2019, 09:17:08 AM

At least Mogg being sidelined is a silver lining, but a dim one at that

What happened to Mogg?

Also, the Express is the funniest reading in the UK right now.  They're slobbering all over themselves.
Molon Lube

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on December 17, 2019, 10:09:08 AM
I'm just surprised they haven't given him a peerage and put him in the Cabinet.

I mean, it's good enough for Nicky Morgan and Zac "infamously Islamophobic London mayoral campaign" Goldsmith.

That is a load of bollocks because there is no such thing as Islamophobia - I read it in today's Jewish Chronicle

https://www.thejc.com/comment/columnists/don-t-fall-for-bogus-claims-of-islamophobia-1.494367

and for our US viewers the Jewish Chronicle is one of the major drivers behind the antisemitism in Labour shit

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Quote from: MMIX on December 17, 2019, 07:23:12 PM

I mean, it's good enough for Nicky Morgan and Zac "infamously Islamophobic London mayoral campaign" Goldsmith.

That is a load of bollocks because there is no such thing as Islamophobia - I read it in today's Jewish Chronicle

https://www.thejc.com/comment/columnists/don-t-fall-for-bogus-claims-of-islamophobia-1.494367

and for our US viewers the Jewish Chronicle is one of the major drivers behind the antisemitism in Labour shit

I mean, Melanie Phillips would know. Why else would Anders Behring Breivik cite her in his manifesto?

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on December 18, 2019, 05:28:04 AM
Quote from: MMIX on December 17, 2019, 07:23:12 PM

I mean, Melanie Phillips would know. Why else would Anders Behring Breivik cite her in his manifesto?

Homeopathic antisemitism? I just hope Jezza is having a bit of a laugh about it. He's had a pretty shitty week, after a pretty shitty couple of years. I looked up the original Phillips article that Breivik cited in his nutjob murderfesto. I had to unadblock the Daily Wail to do it. Jeebus H Christ, its pure great replacement crap. Wow I knew that the Wail was demented but just wow. [and yes Ive turned the adblocker back on - and yes I feel dirty]
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Well, of course antisemitism is fine so long as you use the words "cultural Marxism" a lot and also blame the Muslims at the same time.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on December 18, 2019, 03:54:20 PM
Well, of course antisemitism is fine so long as you use the words "cultural Marxism" a lot and also blame the Muslims at the same time.

<hollow laughter>

Doktor Howl

I just read that article, and it sounds just like the way Franklin Graham talks about how the USA and Christianity are "inseparable".

Also, "Don't hate on our religion, go hate on those OTHER MOTHERFUCKERS."
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: MMIX on December 18, 2019, 04:24:50 PM
Quote from: Cain on December 18, 2019, 03:54:20 PM

<hollow laughter>

Brevik himself literally said about 75% of Jews were irredeemable cultural Marxists and basically "the enemy within", but that Israel was cool. His fantasy of Europe "rising up" was cribbed directly from the Turner Diaries, which of course had detailed chapters on killing Jews and African-Americans.

His own antisemitism, like that of most of the virulently anti-Muslim far right is massively downplayed.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 18, 2019, 04:45:14 PM
I just read that article, and it sounds just like the way Franklin Graham talks about how the USA and Christianity are "inseparable".

Also, "Don't hate on our religion, go hate on those OTHER MOTHERFUCKERS."

They don't call her "Mad Mel" for nothing. She's utterly bonkers. But then, so is the editor for that website, Stephen Pollard. You could actually argue he is worse than Phillips herself, since he enables this crap.

Cain

Brexit Bill passed.

Apart from the status of Northern Ireland, the key point is this:

QuoteIt prohibits any extension to the transition period beyond the end of 2020, even if a free trade deal isn't ready in time.

And that's the trick to getting a No Deal Brexit.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on December 20, 2019, 04:37:40 PM
Brexit Bill passed.

QuoteIt prohibits any extension to the transition period beyond the end of 2020, even if a free trade deal isn't ready in time.

That is basically suicide.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Cain on December 20, 2019, 04:37:40 PM
Brexit Bill passed.

He wants to put the option on the table again for sure, I don't think he wants it, he wants the EU to concede on the level playing field and wants to play the US off the EU to court the best deal.

In the history of everything going wrong, the worst thing the EU and US can do is run down the clock with neither offering anything. No deal happens, and the UK concedes to whatever terms either push on it in an abject desperation deal, which boris will portray as a win.

Economic Suez canal.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner