News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

I'm guessing the resistance to shutting schools is so when it's not going so well in the next 2 weeks you can now blame children directly.

My favourite part is, as usual, waiting 4-5 days to do the extremely urgent thing.

Bets on first cabinet minister to be caught breaking regs? I've got 30p on sharma.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Faust

That's.... That doesn't work, the whole point of customs declaration is you need to control it at point of entry:

If the deliveries are for the UK trucks wont bother going down half way across the country to declare they will just go to destination. The only ones who will follow this were likely already heading for the channel tunnel.

Piracy is about to become rife, Ireland is really bad for drugs, smuggled cigs etc but this could also exacerbate the more serious things like human trafficking
Sleepless nights at the chateau

MMIX

Quote from: Faust on November 06, 2020, 11:41:58 AM
That's.... That doesn't work, the whole point of customs declaration is you need to control it at point of entry:

If the deliveries are for the UK trucks wont bother going down half way across the country to declare they will just go to destination. The only ones who will follow this were likely already heading for the channel tunnel.

Piracy is about to become rife, Ireland is really bad for drugs, smuggled cigs etc but this could also exacerbate the more serious things like human trafficking

Yeah, I reckon that's what Boris and his boys want . . . Batten down the hatches, shit's about to become real. Escaping to Ireland will become even harder if/when Pembrokeshire loses our ferry ports
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

Cummings gone, cane gone, shitshow due to escalate in 3 days or so.

50/50 Cummings kills Johnsons pmship by a week due to horrendous blackmail.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Carrie Symonds is now our PM apparently.

I mean, I suppose someone has to do the job since Boris isn't, but I'd prefer an elected official.

Faust

She is honestly an improvement over captain brexit

Junkenstein

I'm assuming there was some kind of "pick me or your hussy" row. And after most of a day, Boris realised that kicking the new partner and kid would be a hard sell to the press.

Pretty sure the "bad sacking" is more accurate than the "had a laugh and left" story that Cummings is trying to push. Out the door with a box of your shit and a face that looks like you've just had an unfortunate syphilis result isn't quite stacking up with good japes.

Guess we get to find out about the rumors of Johnson assaulting Cummings wife officially in a few days. Allegedly d notice on that.

Cain

Symonds was CCHQ Director of Comms at, like, 25 or something, wasn't she? There's no way she didn't get her position because of who she's with. I would say that makes for good blackmail material...but then I remember how the Jennifer Acuri business was handled.

Junkenstein

Nice tool: hxxps://sophieehill.shinyapps.io/my-little-crony/

And Cummings might just let people know how many kids Johnson has. With this ongoing level of secrecy it must be double digits.

Faust

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-15/u-k-hints-brexit-talks-could-be-extended-as-disgreements-remain
This is a good sign but
If an extension is needed we have a real problem here:

The time for extension in article 50 expired, there is no mechanism or treaty that allows for all the access a new extension requires.

A new treaty is needed, it can be done, I dont think anyone will object... BUT...
Several countries in the eu are constitutional Republics and to ratify a treaty of extension require referenda.

I have no doubt that it would go through.
BUT... the fastest a referendum can be done in ireland is 12 weeks, to allow for both sides a chance to debate. The 12 weeks cant be shortend because it is in the constitution also.

Cain

Yeah, the UK doesn't understand that two sides being willing to talk is required for negotiations.

Like, the UK would be very upset at what you just said, if it understood how the EU worked or grasped the above.

Faust

I just saw the pictures of the giant cement stopper they put in the kent flood plain and shaking my head, there just doesnt seem to be a bottom to the ineptitude, the previous bottom for me was Grayling and the multi million shipping contract to the company that did not own a ship but this tops it.
I'm not sure the flooding issues can even be fixed in the short term

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on November 16, 2020, 02:20:10 PM
I just saw the pictures of the giant cement stopper they put in the kent flood plain and shaking my head, there just doesnt seem to be a bottom to the ineptitude, the previous bottom for me was Grayling and the multi million shipping contract to the company that did not own a ship but this tops it.
I'm not sure the flooding issues can even be fixed in the short term

That was a thing of GLORY.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Cain

I mean, the thing is it looks like ineptitude but consider this: £1.5 billion has gone in government contracts, this year alone, to companies that didn't even exist last year and are owned by people related to Tory MPs or senior officials.

It's corruption, on a vast scale. Roberto Saviano, the fantastic Italian investigative journalist, considers the UK to be the most corrupt country in the developed world. Remember, this guy is not only from Italy, he's from Naples, a city the Camorra explicitly and openly run. And he considers this country worse.