News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Today is leap year day.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 29, 2016, 04:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

For technical reasons concerning perfection, God can't see you today.  So have a good time...BUT remember that, in secular cases, the statute of limitations is 28 years long on any crimes you commit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

POFP

Had to share that one with the co-workers :lol:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

I'm taking bets I don't get paid for today because the work payroll system doesn't recognise leap years.

It doesn't recognise night work, for the purposes of taking holiday time, so I'm feeling pretty confident about this.

POFP

Quote from: Cain on February 29, 2016, 05:43:15 PM
I'm taking bets I don't get paid for today because the work payroll system doesn't recognise leap years.

It doesn't recognise night work, for the purposes of taking holiday time, so I'm feeling pretty confident about this.

Soo, does your HR not understand the concept of Leap Year? Or do they expect to manually edit everyone's payroll information every 4 years? It sounds like they are incredibly unprepared for a date system that's been in place for a very long time... Like it sneaks up on them somehow...
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 29, 2016, 04:40:27 PM
For technical reasons concerning perfection, God can't see you today.

That's how Saint Tib got to be a saint
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Pæs

GUESS THE BUG BASED ON THE WORKAROUND: http://www.acepay.co.nz/faq150.htm

Cain

Quote from: Fernando Poo on February 29, 2016, 07:43:09 PM

Soo, does your HR not understand the concept of Leap Year? Or do they expect to manually edit everyone's payroll information every 4 years? It sounds like they are incredibly unprepared for a date system that's been in place for a very long time... Like it sneaks up on them somehow...

1.  Probably.
2.  Most likely.
3.  I'm pretty sure they've accused their own shadows, Christmas and reality for sneaking up on them before.
4.  This is a system where, when I register my holiday information, it either registers it as two days shorter or 17 days longer than it actually is because the system cannot handle the concept of a 24 hour day.

Quote from: Pæs on March 01, 2016, 12:00:36 AM
GUESS THE BUG BASED ON THE WORKAROUND: http://www.acepay.co.nz/faq150.htm

:lulz:

POFP

Quote from: Cain on March 01, 2016, 01:15:15 AM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on February 29, 2016, 07:43:09 PM

1.  Probably.
2.  Most likely.
3.  I'm pretty sure they've accused their own shadows, Christmas and reality for sneaking up on them before.
4.  This is a system where, when I register my holiday information, it either registers it as two days shorter or 17 days longer than it actually is because the system cannot handle the concept of a 24 hour day.

FUCK. I thought my HR team and automated payroll system had issues because we got paid late on some holidays. I'm lucky. Our scheduling/payroll/recording system is fantastic in comparison. Not only that, but it's called "Nessie," like the mystical creature, but with less fish consumption.

Well, only a little less.

The Good Reverend Roger

Nessie?

Stay the fuck away from the storm drains.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.