News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

High Altitude Horror Stories

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 02, 2016, 01:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Wandering around in the tunnels this morning.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

This is a pic of the wreck being shackled for removal, after the human remains were removed.

We broke 3 cables doing this.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

Those tunnels look awesome. How far do they extend? Is the entire place linked?

How much investigation is going on as a result of the wreck? I'm guessing shockingly little.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 14, 2016, 05:39:56 PM
Those tunnels look awesome. How far do they extend? Is the entire place linked?

How much investigation is going on as a result of the wreck? I'm guessing shockingly little.

1.  They extend for miles, they are not all linked, and some have been sealed up.

2.  The investigation was as complete as possible.  They know who he was, and when he died.  Not much else to know, given the very few remains that the critters didn't carry off.

The Wizard Joseph

Those tunnels would make great scene background shots! The thought has been in my head for some time now that you're kinda Discordia's very own "Old Man of the Mountain".  :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Those tunnels look like the kind of place you'd expect to see an alien.  Mark my words, one day, you'll turn around and it'll be all:

Junkenstein

That has the makings of an incredible practical joke.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 16, 2016, 03:51:26 PM
Those tunnels look like the kind of place you'd expect to see an alien.  Mark my words, one day, you'll turn around and it'll be all:

I should be so lucky.  I'd settle for Nessies.  Anything.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2016, 05:14:29 PM
Wandering around in the tunnels this morning.

You ever run into Sams down there?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on March 16, 2016, 07:20:40 PM

You ever run into Sams down there?

I was on my way to check the water levels in the 4 meter dome, when this young guy ran past me.  "RUN!" he yelled.  I felt that my spear gun, being single shot, was inadequate.  The water could wait for a later date.  I ran the tunnel - the young man was nowhere to be seen - and up the fire stairs.  I thought I heard something behind me, but those tunnels have tricky acoustics and you often hear things that just aren't there.