News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 15, 2016, 12:43:43 AM
So, last of the poking and prodding is done.

Not cancer, not popcorn lung, not emphysemia.  Nothing wrong with my lungs at all.  Apparently, I have managed to burn a hole in my epiglotis (sp?) with pure bile (despite Nexium).  Due to the local anesthetic they had me swallow for the tube, my voice sounds like Lemmy after a box of cigars.

But I shall survive to be a pest for some time yet.

See and I was going to pray for God's mercy, but God be like "Naw. This ain't about my mercy. Roger's gonna be just fine tho. Deal with your own shit Wizard."

This before I had a VERY final falling out with 2 friends and both brothers. The middle child and I have had our very last falling out. This on top of all the clusterfuckication going on in the world at large.

I'm glad you're not much more sick than usual sir! :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 15, 2016, 06:09:54 PM

This before I had a VERY final falling out with 2 friends and both brothers. The middle child and I have had our very last falling out.

I know those feels.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I know that in Pokémon Go, the monsters are intended to be scattered in "appropriate" environments: Water monsters near water, etc.

But it's kind of depressing that where I work has nothing but pigeons and rats to collect.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on July 15, 2016, 08:10:31 PM
I know that in Pokémon Go, the monsters are intended to be scattered in "appropriate" environments: Water monsters near water, etc.

But it's kind of depressing that where I work has nothing but pigeons and rats to collect.

I want the ones in Tucson to look just like Mojave "type B" rattlesnakes.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on July 15, 2016, 08:10:31 PM

What kinds of Pokemon are those?

LMNO

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 15, 2016, 06:44:41 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 15, 2016, 06:09:54 PM

This before I had a VERY final falling out with 2 friends and both brothers. The middle child and I have had our very last falling out.

I know those feels.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I posted the poem I made out of the feels and posted it. I'll get into the background when I write for the thread about me, but this was a sort of third strike between no2 and I. The youngest took an entirely separate shit on me and sided with no2 during arbitration I requested with Pop and them both. It didn't really solidify on day two. I'm just done.

The friends lost were due to realizing that they were putting on false fronts and each quite a separate incident. All this in about the last 10 days or so.

Did your feels feel like those folks you cared about died, but not really. And the not really isn't at all comforting because they are now a potential liability too close to your vitals?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on July 15, 2016, 08:55:20 PM
Pidgeys and Rattats.

So very many garbage pokemon. I collected at least a dozen of each today, along with way too many Zubats.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pergamos

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 16, 2016, 01:59:44 AM
Looks like we have a shooter in Reid park.

That's no good, there's been a zillion people going there to catch pokemon.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on July 16, 2016, 08:35:43 AM

Nobody was hurt.  He was some dude having a nervous breakdown who had gone out to the park to shoot himself, but was confused by the hundreds of people running around screaming and brandishing cell phones.  He eventually handed his gun over to some random guy and waited for the police to come get him.  As I understand it, he's in the observation ward at Saint Joe's.

Suu

I ended up in Pasadena yesterday for an event. The San Gabriel Mountains are lovely, but nobody told me that they trap the smog from Los Angeles and every nearby fire ever like some fucking force field. I haven't used my rescue inhaler this much since I was still in middle school.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 17, 2016, 05:22:17 AM
Quote from: Pergamos on July 16, 2016, 08:35:43 AM

Nobody was hurt.  He was some dude having a nervous breakdown who had gone out to the park to shoot himself, but was confused by the hundreds of people running around screaming and brandishing cell phones.  He eventually handed his gun over to some random guy and waited for the police to come get him.  As I understand it, he's in the observation ward at Saint Joe's.

Do I read this right? Sounds like he very well may be alive entirely because of the Pokemon craze...

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl