News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 31, 2016, 05:09:56 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 31, 2016, 05:09:00 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 31, 2016, 04:59:08 PM
Actual thing I have now actually said on a first date: "I am not going to make out with you or kill you."

:lulz: What could have ever given him the idea that you would?

Something about the roof of the creepy parking garage, I guess?

:batman:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 31, 2016, 04:59:08 PM
Actual thing I have now actually said on a first date: "I am not going to make out with you or kill you."

It's good to set those boundaries early.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: N E T on July 30, 2016, 04:50:30 AM
Quote from: Cain on July 30, 2016, 04:04:19 AM
Mostly so I can check my emails on the move.

Also, if I do end up leaving this place, I'll likely not be carrying around my laptop so much.  It works for me here, because of the whole living where I work deal, but chances are whatever job I end up getting next, that won't be the arrangement.  The new laptop is kinda heavy...

I've read more books on my phone in the past year than I have read physical books in at least the past 10 years combined.

But everyone jokes about how tiny I keep the font on my work computers*, so your mileage may vary.

*Joke's on them because I can easily read everything on their screen when I walk by, but when people try to shoulder surf me they just squint while I casually close inappropriate tabs like a goddamn champion.

This hit me again earlier today and the image of a guy sitting at his desk, tiny font screen with many tabs in the background, reclining in the chair and munching on a big Bugs Bunny style carrot hit me.

This and a piece of movie, title unremembered, where the protagonist, an ex-hitter or something, eats carrots for the whole damn movie and makes impossible shots.

It seemed urgent-stamped that I share this. Not sure of sender.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 31, 2016, 08:51:53 PM

Also, if I do end up leaving this place, I'll likely not be carrying around my laptop so much.  It works for me here, because of the whole living where I work deal, but chances are whatever job I end up getting next, that won't be the arrangement.  The new laptop is kinda heavy...

I've read more books on my phone in the past year than I have read physical books in at least the past 10 years combined.

But everyone jokes about how tiny I keep the font on my work computers*, so your mileage may vary.

*Joke's on them because I can easily read everything on their screen when I walk by, but when people try to shoulder surf me they just squint while I casually close inappropriate tabs like a goddamn champion.

This hit me again earlier today and the image of a guy sitting at his desk, tiny font screen with many tabs in the background, reclining in the chair and munching on a big Bugs Bunny style carrot hit me.

This and a piece of movie, title unremembered, where the protagonist, an ex-hitter or something, eats carrots for the whole damn movie and makes impossible shots.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465602/ ?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 31, 2016, 09:09:04 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 31, 2016, 08:51:53 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465602/ ?

Yes! I do believe that's the one. :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

POFP

After looking through some reviews of the Leasing Company my girlfriend and I are renting our apartment from, I've determined that the next year is gonna be one expensive, shitty ride.  :lulz:

Not fixing hot water heaters and furnaces for weeks during the winter is actually the least shitty thing they do.  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Suu

TSA Precheck and the DHS as a whole are the biggest fucking racket out there. I was told that if I used my DoD number as my Known Traveler ID, that I would be able to get Precheck for free.

Nope.

"No, sorry, Civilians don't count, and it's still random for active duty military unless they fly in uniform. If you want in, it's $85, and still random."

Fuck that shit you fascist scumbags, you aren't taking a dime of my money. I'm not paying $85 for a lottery ticket to see if I take off my shoes or not. Enjoy seeing all the weird shit I'm going to have in my carry-on tomorrow when I fly to Pennsic.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SuuCal on August 02, 2016, 03:46:19 PM
TSA Precheck and the DHS as a whole are the biggest fucking racket out there. I was told that if I used my DoD number as my Known Traveler ID, that I would be able to get Precheck for free.

Nope.

"No, sorry, Civilians don't count, and it's still random for active duty military unless they fly in uniform. If you want in, it's $85, and still random."

Fuck that shit you fascist scumbags, you aren't taking a dime of my money. I'm not paying $85 for a lottery ticket to see if I take off my shoes or not. Enjoy seeing all the weird shit I'm going to have in my carry-on tomorrow when I fly to Pennsic.

Who's punk rock now, government running dogs?   :CIGAW:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Due to a fuckup at my doctor's office, one of my meds isn't available, and I ran out yesterday.

Naturally, it's the one with physical withdrawal symptoms.

I am one irritable Roger today.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on August 02, 2016, 01:01:28 AM
After looking through some reviews of the Leasing Company my girlfriend and I are renting our apartment from, I've determined that the next year is gonna be one expensive, shitty ride.  :lulz:

Not fixing hot water heaters and furnaces for weeks during the winter is actually the least shitty thing they do.  :lulz:

That kind of shit is rampant around here, too. It's miserable; we're in a housing state of emergency because there isn't enough of it, so landlords essentially charge whatever they want and do whatever they want. It's bullshit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Salty

After 10 years in this business I am finally saying goodbye to table humpers, arm fondlers, leg patters, and other assorted gross and creepy dudes.

I'm one month in my new lease at a chiro and going to very carefully run my 3rd Groupon and no more questions as to whether I offer "service to other areas". If this doesn't work, weed shops are aplenty in these parts and I have tons more sales/smoking experience than these hippies.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 02, 2016, 05:10:57 PM
Quote from: SuuCal on August 02, 2016, 03:46:19 PM

Nope.

Who's punk rock now, government running dogs?   :CIGAW:

I'm wearing one of my tiaras, and a thong with a metal heart on it. I'll still fly, I'll still comply to their shit because I'm too lazy to fight the power and go to jail, but the least I could do is let them see a heart over my ass crack in the back room.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Da6s

Quote from: Vivat Alty on August 02, 2016, 06:01:13 PM
If this doesn't work, weed shops are aplenty in these parts and I have tons more sales/smoking experience than these hippies.

What's the requirement to work in a shop up there? CO requires registration/card carrying which authorizes you to check/verify ID's and also sell. I only know this as I was recently looking for some part time gig on the weekends for some extra travel money and there were like 4 shops all hiring part time bud tenders near Boulder.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

LMNO

Quote from: Vivat Alty on August 02, 2016, 06:01:13 PM
After 10 years in this business I am finally saying goodbye to table humpers, arm fondlers, leg patters, and other assorted gross and creepy dudes.

I'm one month in my new lease at a chiro and going to very carefully run my 3rd Groupon and no more questions as to whether I offer "service to other areas". If this doesn't work, weed shops are aplenty in these parts and I have tons more sales/smoking experience than these hippies.

I'd buy from you.