News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 20, 2016, 06:15:34 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on March 20, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
The girlfriend complained of the same thing a lot, Nigel. Pretty sure Choppa's suggestion was mentioned at some point in conversation shortly before the issue was resolved.

Yeah, but have you seen their styles this year? <shudder> Neon yellow and pink... WTF.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), not all of their styles come in DD, either, so I was weeding through fugly after fugly hoping for a hit on the non-fugly. I may yet find something good, but I actually prefer more upscale brands like Freya.

Yeah, that sounds uber bad. She's got one that's dark blue (Navy? Idk, I'm a dude.) with white polka dots and some lacy stuff on it. Looks pretty damn good. I'll get some info on the brand, etc. later and get back to yuh. She's a DDD and has mostly bad looking bras, but does have some pretty damn good ones. She usually doesn't have too much trouble finding the good ones, though.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on March 20, 2016, 06:50:36 PM
The girlfriend complained of the same thing a lot, Nigel. Pretty sure Choppa's suggestion was mentioned at some point in conversation shortly before the issue was resolved.

Yeah, but have you seen their styles this year? <shudder> Neon yellow and pink... WTF.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), not all of their styles come in DD, either, so I was weeding through fugly after fugly hoping for a hit on the non-fugly. I may yet find something good, but I actually prefer more upscale brands like Freya.

Yeah, that sounds uber bad. She's got one that's dark blue (Navy? Idk, I'm a dude.) with white polka dots and some lacy stuff on it. Looks pretty damn good. I'll get some info on the brand, etc. later and get back to yuh. She's a DDD and has mostly bad looking bras, but does have some pretty damn good ones. She usually doesn't have too much trouble finding the good ones, though.

It's not hard to find pretty bras in my size; Natori, Curvy Kate, and Freya all make very nice bras. It's just hard to find pretty push-up bras in my size because apparently most manufacturers assume that if our cups runneth over, we're never going to want to accentuate them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 20, 2016, 07:19:32 PM

It's not hard to find pretty bras in my size; Natori, Curvy Kate, and Freya all make very nice bras. It's just hard to find pretty push-up bras in my size because apparently most manufacturers assume that if our cups runneth over, we're never going to want to accentuate them.

I gotchya. I'm quite sure it was a push-up, but I'll find out for certain. I may have been unclear because I was speaking on the basis that specifically mentioned bras we were talking about were push-up.

Also, if it's not technically a push-up, they used a technique other than extra lower padding to... uhh... accentuate them. Her girls are definitely more accentuated in this bra than in her others.

Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, and she simply got a DD bra instead and put it on the biggest clip setting, pushin' 'em up and out the lazy consumer way.

Also heard of the toilet paper trick (Am I remembering shit from romantic comedies now? FUCK).
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

LMNO

Please don't tell me you're telling a woman who has breasts how a push-up bra works.

POFP

Quote from: LMNO on March 20, 2016, 08:45:09 PM
Please don't tell me you're telling a woman who has breasts how a push-up bra works.

God no. Wtf. As far as I knew, the main way a push-up bra works was with extra lower padding. I was pointing out that if the bra wasn't using that, that it probably used a method I wasn't familiar with. If anything, it was prompting her womanly know-how.

EDIT:

Hell, I thought I was making my subject ignorance quite clear, almost humorously so. I figured it would be funny to see a subject-ignorant guy take a jab at random female-centered knowledge.
Like "Oh, silly boy, you can't wear red shoes with a green dress" or some other shit I wouldn't fucking know.

EDIT 2: Stab* Not Jab

Jab makes it seem like I was somehow contrary to someone.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fernando Poo on March 20, 2016, 08:55:04 PM

God no. Wtf.

Speaking as a misanthrope with a taste for carnage, this disappoints me.  Like this --->   :sad:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 20, 2016, 06:25:49 PM
Quote from: Alty on March 19, 2016, 07:24:52 PM
I wanted to own a bar for such a long time. A bar where there are no TVs, old country music overhead, and maybe very small, a bar and a row of tables behind it. Very, very soft, cushy stools. The Soft Stool.

Then I realized I hate being around drunk people when I'm not and sometimes when I am.

Bars without TV are the best kind of bars, and sorely needed around here. The Beech, the Free House, and the Red Fox are all TV-less, but that's what, three bars out of the 150 or so that are local to us?

I know it's a bit of a jaunt from where you are but I'm pretty sure I don't remember the Slingshot Lounge having TVs. Almost positive, because that was my go-to watering hole UNLESS I was trying to watch a sports on TV, then I had to go to Tom's.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Oh, and our beautiful healthy baby girl was born Friday morning. 6lbs 12oz, 19 inches long, fortunate to mostly look like her mother.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

POFP

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 20, 2016, 10:09:04 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on March 20, 2016, 08:55:04 PM

God no. Wtf.

Speaking as a misanthrope with a taste for carnage, this disappoints me.  Like this --->   :sad:

I mean, I can embody my Holy Name™ and generate tears and shit stains, but I thought we were trying to avoid that shit? If you want egotistical troll personalities who start shit with subtle condescension, I can set up new accounts, but only as long as we promise to be spags for the cause when the [dried-shit powder] settles.

We can get angry, and we can break stuff. But I don't want to actually cause real problems. I like this place, and I like its alternative opinions. I like the alternative perspectives, and I like the creativity. And I want to be able to come back here when I want.

But most of all, I LOVE the people here. We might disagree on some things politically and sterf, but that's fine with me.

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on March 20, 2016, 10:23:07 PM
Oh, and our beautiful healthy baby girl was born Friday morning. 6lbs 12oz, 19 inches long, fortunate to mostly look like her mother.

Congratulations! My Girlfriend's recent nephew was about the same size.

Q. G. Pennyworth

YAY!

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 20, 2016, 07:19:32 PM

Right?!  It's like they're all, "Oh, they're tits are probably pretty droopy and always have been cuz they're so big, they're probably used to it and we don't need to make pushup bras that size."

Also, I've never heard of those brands.  I'm going to check them out.

Faust

Congratulations man, welcome to the new addition to your family.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Freeky

MORE CONGRATULATIONS! :D

LMNO

Quote from: Faust on March 20, 2016, 11:10:29 PM

Congratulations man, welcome to the new addition to your family.

YES YES AWESOME DOUBLEPLUS YES.

The Good Reverend Roger

Congratulations, man!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.