News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

lol

So, the longest standing member of my department, excluding my manager, moved to another department last week.  This makes me the most senior member of staff, in term of time spent at the company.  A whole 16 months worth of it.

Also, the next most senior person after me just handed in her notice.

I, of course, will be looking for work elsewhere once my dissertation is handed in, at the end of this month.  This will leave the company entirely with its February 2016 intake, and whatever new staff they manage to scrounge up.

Junkenstein

Get the fuck out of there. The place will probably be on fire by the end of May and it will be halfway through June before they bother to deal with it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Trivial

I can imagine the roof gone and windows broken, and people worrying about keys.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain

Probably.

My plan for the next 3 weeks is simple:

Today: die from lack of sleep.
Next two days: do some writing
Next 3 nights: work, do some writing.
Have day off, die from lack of sleep.
Write 1000 words a day, every day, for the next 10 days because I'm on holiday.
Send dissertation over a week early.
Collapse for a few days.
Update CV, Linkedin profile etc
Apply for jobs.
Report this place to various inspection bodies for its complete disregard for the law.
Laugh.

Pergamos

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 13, 2016, 02:33:03 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on April 13, 2016, 01:54:41 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 13, 2016, 12:46:28 PM
Quote from: Meunster on April 13, 2016, 02:59:48 AM
How often is too often to think about suicide/homicide?

Daily or almost daily is potentially an indication of serious mental illness. If you have a plan, that's cause for immediate intervention.

Shit.

I asked a friend once if he ever had murder fantasies,he said he did and it was always in front of people and everyone approved, totally socially acceptable and zero consequences. I told him I did too, but it was in secret, and involved getting rid of the body. Then I thought to myself "Hmm... My murder fantasies may not be quite  enough like fantasies, and a little too much like plans." They have gotten significantly less frequent lately, though. So that's a good sign.

I was focusing on the suicide side of it, I don't know what the guidelines are for homicidal ideation, or where the line between "fuck that guy I hate him" and actual "homicidal thoughts" is. The rule of thumb for most psychological disturbances is "does it interfere with your ability to get shit done, make you miserable, or endanger yourself or someone else?" (I am not a doctor, ymmv, etc.)

I'm kind of morbidly curious how your murder fantasies work, but I wouldn't want to make things worse by asking.

I'd say the difference lies i how detailed it is.  Fuck that guy I hate him is not a murder fantasy, nor is "I wish that guy would die"  "I want to shoot that guy" is on the verge "I can get a gun at the gun show and it wont be connected to me and I know a good place to get rid of the body" is a murder fantasy (almost a murder plan)

Junkenstein

Schroedinger's news has been resolved and it's totally good.

I am currently doing an impression of an 19C miner who just struck gold covered in oil. 
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 15, 2016, 11:37:04 AM

I am currently doing an impression of an 19C miner who just struck gold covered in oil.

Congratulations!
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Eater of Clowns

So then your series of shady umbrella companies is just going to be for fun?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 15, 2016, 01:56:39 PM

So then your series of shady umbrella companies is just going to be for fun?

Fun and profit.

News was actually somewhat unrelated to business shenanigans. Will throw up the tale when I get a few minutes into the usual thread.

Meunster

Slab city still a thing?

I'm looking for a good vacation spot. Suppose I could go check out the weirdness in Austin. Or pilgrimage to the meat locker.

Any suggestions?
Poe's law ;)

POFP

Quote from: Meunster on April 16, 2016, 08:05:02 PM
Slab city still a thing?

I'm looking for a good vacation spot. Suppose I could go check out the weirdness in Austin. Or pilgrimage to the meat locker.

Any suggestions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Lure,_North_Carolina

The Biltmore Estate is about an hour's drive away from there, which is something everyone should probably see in their lifetime.
Also, don't know if you want cheap or expensive spots.

Also, not sure if I'm over-thinking this or if I have suppressed homo-thoughts, but there seems to be a pattern in the vocabulary in your question.

"Slab," "meat locker," and "Austin." ~ All eerily related to (And highly populated with?) meat and dicks. Wasn't sure if the question was prompting for vacation spots particularly high in those as well. Because I can help with that, too.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Meunster

Yes.  spots with a lot of dicks please. Either pretentious or rude. Preferably not both.

Been looking for an anarch collective to hit up on the way. But they are all either dead or so underground I'll need an irc client.

Cheap is what I'm going for.
Poe's law ;)

POFP

Quote from: Meunster on April 16, 2016, 09:11:27 PM
Yes.  spots with a lot of dicks please. Either pretentious or rude. Preferably not both.

Been looking for an anarch collective to hit up on the way. But they are all either dead or so underground I'll need an irc client.

Cheap is what I'm going for.

Lake Lure is in North Carolina. If you're looking for an anarch collective there, you'll find that most of the members might have both of their teef.
In Long Beach Island New Jersey you'll find a low tide that will singe your nose hairs, but a population that is generally sensible, and polite. But if you leave the island, you find pretentious and rude.
Myrtle Beach will have pretentious.
Ohio, you will find rude. Not that you'd wanna come here for vacation, unless you like forests with no wildlife.
What type of environment and climate do you currently live in? So I know what kind of places to avoid mentioning.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Meunster

Well. Dicks and high weirdness.

The only 2 things I want in life.
Poe's law ;)

POFP

Quote from: Meunster on April 16, 2016, 10:07:55 PM
Well. Dicks and high weirdness.

The only 2 things I want in life.

Those are growing demographics these days.

Also, I think I've found the perfect gif image to represent the discordians referenced in the Chao te Ching.