News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 28, 2016, 02:07:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2016, 03:54:20 AM
I won't have the pics til Tuesday.  when they are available, I will be writing that shit up.

It was kind of the coolest thing ever.

Whatever this is about I can't wait to discover what could possibly top all other of the cool things you've seen.

You'll see.  It's the most amazing thing ever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2016, 07:03:48 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 28, 2016, 02:07:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2016, 03:54:20 AM
I won't have the pics til Tuesday.  when they are available, I will be writing that shit up.

It was kind of the coolest thing ever.

Whatever this is about I can't wait to discover what could possibly top all other of the cool things you've seen.

You'll see.  It's the most amazing thing ever.

:dream:
:himeobs:

I searched the emotes for something more meaningful and positive than *curiosity intensifies beyond wonderment, dammit*
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 28, 2016, 02:15:36 PM
LuciferX you're right in a distinct sense. A lot of mystics claim that the soul is without inherent gender. It's most common in reincarnation mythology, which I suspect most of the early church held as doctrine until the meddling of Theodora under Emperor Justinian.. I think. Would have to go double check. See if karmic laws still applied after one's "salvation" then a bunch of imperial debauchery starts to make one seem... insincere spiritually. Look up "monophysite heresy" for more.
Right-on.  I find this very interesting.  Without leveraging the political aspect, perhaps we might invoke Tertullian to reconcile the whole mono-dyo disjunction with a dose of trinitarian doctrine, which would tend toward resolving these differences in a synthesis that perhaps even radically changes the very nature of "before and after", as it also may have done to above and below.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LuciferX on May 29, 2016, 12:23:05 AM
LuciferX you're right in a distinct sense. A lot of mystics claim that the soul is without inherent gender. It's most common in reincarnation mythology, which I suspect most of the early church held as doctrine until the meddling of Theodora under Emperor Justinian.. I think. Would have to go double check. See if karmic laws still applied after one's "salvation" then a bunch of imperial debauchery starts to make one seem... insincere spiritually. Look up "monophysite heresy" for more.
Right-on.  I find this very interesting.  Without leveraging the political aspect, perhaps we might invoke Tertullian to reconcile the whole mono-dyo disjunction with a dose of trinitarian doctrine, which would tend toward resolving these differences in a synthesis that perhaps even radically changes the very nature of "before and after", as it also may have done to above and below.

Don't know anything about Tertullian. Also... I'm sketchy about trinities. I just got out of a long term relationship with one and I'm leery about diving back in so soon. I'm still a little sore about it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 29, 2016, 05:47:29 AM

Don't know anything about Tertullian. Also... I'm sketchy about trinities. I just got out of a long term relationship with one and I'm leery about diving back in so soon. I'm still a little sore about it.
Seems like another story.  The way I'd break it down to them is that there is the corporeal, granted identity by the soul, and predestined by the spirit.  The interrelation of these is both continous and distinct.  They can choose to be offended all they want.  :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LuciferX on May 29, 2016, 07:10:24 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 29, 2016, 05:47:29 AM

Seems like another story.  The way I'd break it down to them is that there is the corporeal, granted identity by the soul, and predestined by the spirit.  The interrelation of these is both continous and distinct.  They can choose to be offended all they want.  :lulz:

Oh.. and they will!! Look at how much shit went down over the whole Akhenaten thing when he got a hard On for monotheism. Fuck, Egypt would kina like to just gloss over the whole period to this day!

Troll level: Demiurge  :lulz:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

So, Inland Revenue finally returned the money they over-taxed me for a couple of years back, and I'm looking to spend some of my newly re-acquired wealth on a laptop.

I'm thinking a Dell Inspiron 15.  I mostly want something for travel, word processing and internet browing, but I thought I'd solicit feedback here as well.

Cain

With the work email system down yet again, I am writing a proposal that we build a semaphore line between the two college accommodations and the main school office.

Not because I want one implemented, as fun as it would be. But because I cannot abuse the maintenance department and trolling them with this proposal is the next best thing.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on May 29, 2016, 10:23:34 PM
With the work email system down yet again, I am writing a proposal that we build a semaphore line between the two college accommodations and the main school office.

Not because I want one implemented, as fun as it would be. But because I cannot abuse the maintenance department and trolling them with this proposal is the next best thing.

I hope they take it like SO SRS BRO! Either rage flouncing or complaining to the wrong folks would be good, actually wasting resources to "look into" something that should be dropped out of hand would be godly!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

POFP

Quote from: Cain on May 29, 2016, 08:20:58 PM
So, Inland Revenue finally returned the money they over-taxed me for a couple of years back, and I'm looking to spend some of my newly re-acquired wealth on a laptop.

I'm thinking a Dell Inspiron 15.  I mostly want something for travel, word processing and internet browing, but I thought I'd solicit feedback here as well.

What's your ideal cost? Also, what is the most you would pay?
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

Quote from: Fernando Poo on May 29, 2016, 11:13:54 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 29, 2016, 08:20:58 PM

What's your ideal cost? Also, what is the most you would pay?

I'm looking at around £500-700 for spending.  Not sure what that is in Trumpbux exactly.

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 29, 2016, 10:45:26 PM

I hope they take it like SO SRS BRO! Either rage flouncing or complaining to the wrong folks would be good, actually wasting resources to "look into" something that should be dropped out of hand would be godly!

Basically like half my job right now is trolling maintenance.  I like the guy who does most of the actual fixing of stuff, but the guy at the top...he's a typical Engineer Dick ("I know everything because I'm an engineer").  In addition to that, he's a typical army dick ("I know everything because I was in the army").  So he's like two condescending twats in one package.

And since I rarely ever actually have to see him, all my nonsense normally has to be dealt with my boss.  So really it's win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Meunster

Woot finally tamed the windows 10 beast.

No more random windows defender, no cortana spying on me, and no more one note always running.

Poe's law ;)

Cain

Quote from: Meunster on May 29, 2016, 11:44:17 PM
Woot finally tamed the windows 10 beast.

No more random windows defender, no cortana spying on me, and no more one note always running.

You uninstalled Windows 10 as well?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on May 29, 2016, 11:34:43 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 29, 2016, 10:45:26 PM

Basically like half my job right now is trolling maintenance.  I like the guy who does most of the actual fixing of stuff, but the guy at the top...he's a typical Engineer Dick ("I know everything because I'm an engineer").  In addition to that, he's a typical army dick ("I know everything because I was in the army").  So he's like two condescending twats in one package.

And since I rarely ever actually have to see him, all my nonsense normally has to be dealt with my boss.  So really it's win-win as far as I'm concerned.

That's some chessmaster shit!  :lulz:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl