News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 01, 2016, 03:24:55 AM
So I don't bother posting about my life ITT very much because I figure anyone who cares probably already sees it on facebook but I can't talk about this on FB because my current employers would no doubt see it, so...

I just completed my application for my TWIC and I have an appointment in a couple weeks to bring my documents and my fingers for printing to a physical location to complete the process and then I will be able to get my MMC and then I will be able to take that sweet gig with the tug company and get fat paid to do runs between here and AK or HI.

woot.

Rough sailing half the year, but still.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, but there are fewer runs that time of year anyway. After the first year I'll be able to bank enough PTO to avoid the worst of it entirely. It's one day PTO accrued for every day at sea so that's not difficult to do. And, in addition to cooking I'd have to help load/unload cargo when we're in port. All time spent doing that is $20/hr extra on top of my day rate. And I'll be credentialed as an A/B so that sea time can go towards sitting for a mate's or master's license sometime in the future if I want to go that route.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

POFP

Congratulations! Also, that job sounds fucking hard/awesome/rewarding!
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

LMNO

Bruno

Last night in my industrial maintenance class, one of the students was sitting in another student's chair so he told him to get out of it. The seated student gave the chair next to him a push towards the first student, and said "Here you go." The first student said "Well I asked you nice.", reached down, grabbed the chair and flipped it over, tossing the previously seated student onto the floor. Previously seated student jumps up, glares at chair flipper for a couple of seconds, reaches into his pocket, pulls out a pocketknife, opens it, and grabs the guy who tossed him in the floor.

Right about there, the instructor walks in the room, and breaks it up. Both students get sent home. At least one of them won't be coming back, and most likely will be going to jail. The fate of chair flipper is uncertain.

This is all second hand information, as I was deeply engrossed in an attempt to find the laser alignment lab books in the lab book cabinet at the time. To me, the most notable detail of the incident was how quiet the whole thing was. I was just around the corner, and would have seen the whole thing if I had been two steps to my left. Yet, there was no noticeable commotion until the instructor stepped in.

In related news, I was unable to find the laser alignment lab book. :sad:

Formerly something else...

minuspace

Laptop seems to have mended (fingers crossed).  So that felt good for a minute.

Trivial

Quote from: LuciferX on June 02, 2016, 01:02:44 AM
Laptop seems to have mended (fingers crossed).  So that felt good for a minute.

Yay for fixing!!
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 01, 2016, 03:24:55 AM
So I don't bother posting about my life ITT very much because I figure anyone who cares probably already sees it on facebook but I can't talk about this on FB because my current employers would no doubt see it, so...

I just completed my application for my TWIC and I have an appointment in a couple weeks to bring my documents and my fingers for printing to a physical location to complete the process and then I will be able to get my MMC and then I will be able to take that sweet gig with the tug company and get fat paid to do runs between here and AK or HI.

That's a lot of acronyms I don't know but it sounds like boats and money, so FUCK YEAH!

Making money on the ocean always sounds great, and then I remember that anything more turbid than the Long Island Sound makes my organs go all inside-out.

Cain

Just FYI, I'm doing Youtube videos again.  Next episode will be the big one - Bleak Falls Barrow. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Victor went about his workday, tragically unaware that Roger had swiped the predator suit again.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 03, 2016, 11:03:46 PM
Victor went about his workday, tragically unaware that Roger had swiped the predator suit again.

:lulz: :lulz:

Equipment testing is a vital part of any professional workplace! Scheduling constraints often require initiative and flexibility.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

President Television

Quote from: Cain on June 03, 2016, 10:32:23 PM
Just FYI, I'm doing Youtube videos again.  Next episode will be the big one - Bleak Falls Barrow.

I have to say, I'm kind of in love with the idea of Bleak Falls Barrow being a major challenge, after how easy it was in the default game.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cain

Yeah, it's one of those things that catches out new Requiem players who didn't read the manual on a semi-frequent basis.

Draugr are mid-tier enemies, you need fire/silver/restoration magic to effectively kill them.  If you're an archer, silver is necessary, as they take no damage from other material types (and you can forget your sneak bonuses on undead, fetcher).  There are also some other changes to the final sections of the dungeon which make it even more challenging.

This may seem like difficulty for difficulty's sake, but it's to make sure you're strong enough for the next section: fighting a dragon.  Dragons are significantly buffed high level enemies who can plausibly destroy a large town and kill multiple guards or soldiers (Requiem guards are significantly buffed, so this is no small feat). In older versions, this would also cause random dragon attacks to start.  Irileth and the Whiterun guard will help you with the first dragon, so it's not so bad, but fighting a dragon on your own is a whole different story. 

Not that it matters much for my character.  Dunmer = best race.  Plus fire magic and Red Eagle's Bane = curbstomping undead.

Beyond that, I think the idea was also to emulate Morrowind, where Snowy Granius and the bandit infested Dwemer ruin often brutally stomped unprepared players, before telling them to go back to Balmora and git gud.

Cain

Need feedback: is baiting a mammoth into clearing a bandit camp unknightly conduct?

Potentially mitigating factors: I am a Knight of Stendarr, not of Kyne, so smiting evil is my thing.  Nature is not so much my thing.  They also had two crossbows.  Also some sabrecats were already attacking them.  And some mudcrabs.  So in a way nature was already against them.  I also didn't do any permanent harm to the mammoth, though it was a bit pissed at me.

Chivalry experts, plz advise.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on June 04, 2016, 06:13:01 PM
Not that it matters much for my character.  Dunmer = best race.  Plus fire magic and Red Eagle's Bane = curbstomping undead.

I was always a fan of Breton + Magic Defense Enchants = 75% Magic Damage reduction, but that was in the base game.