News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Much respect Cain!

---

Paes, sorry, first glance turned up this "latent" device re:
QuoteDefinitely keeping an eye on sales, gave police serial numbers and will share those with relevant stores. Thinking of configuring a few of my devices to listen out for the MAC address of the missing device, in case it's still trying to pair with our WiFi access point when we drive past the house it's in, if it's local.

http://www.l8ntwifi.com/

Maybe not ideal, but its encouraging, I mean if they can do it.

Cain

Thanks all.

And sorry for forcing you to learn about our counterintuitive scoring system Net.  To save everyone else the trouble, a 2:1 is the second highest grade available, it's 3.67 GPA, or an A- grade.

Suu

I just dropped my lap loom. The one thing that's been keeping me fucking sane since I got here. I couldn't set it in the table vice right so I have no idea if the wood glue will catch. Ugh. I want my husband. Or my mom. Or a beer. Until then I guess a beer will suffice. I've been doing a lot of daydrinking since I moved here.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Pæs

Quote from: Cain on June 10, 2016, 03:57:54 PM
Hope you get your shit back.

I doubt the cleaning lady was in on it, but it does seem fortuitous they chose the day she would be there and that the camera was turned off for their robbery.  I assume you've considered the possibility you were surveilled before the crime?
Yeah, have thought it through a bit. Cleaning lady changed the day she was going to visit at the last minute though, and intruder seems to have been caught off guard by the security system, so they seem equal parts brilliant and stupid. It may just be that they know our daily routine, in terms of our leaving early every morning, without knowing our weekly/alarm routine.

Grats on your grade, by the way!

Pæs

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 10, 2016, 03:36:07 PM
I'm almost disappointed you've not installed some kind of self destruct device.

What kind of future is this?
It was poor Signora's device, but we may do this on the replacement. Sadly the remote-wipe is conditional on the device being reconnected to the internet, or the error-prone dead-man's switch approach.

LMNO

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on June 10, 2016, 05:38:30 PM
Grade confirmed today as a 2:1.  I'm OK with that.

Good to have it confirmed. So what's the next step for you?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Pæs on June 10, 2016, 10:35:07 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 10, 2016, 03:57:54 PM
Hope you get your shit back.

I doubt the cleaning lady was in on it, but it does seem fortuitous they chose the day she would be there and that the camera was turned off for their robbery.  I assume you've considered the possibility you were surveilled before the crime?
Yeah, have thought it through a bit. Cleaning lady changed the day she was going to visit at the last minute though, and intruder seems to have been caught off guard by the security system, so they seem equal parts brilliant and stupid. It may just be that they know our daily routine, in terms of our leaving early every morning, without knowing our weekly/alarm routine.

Grats on your grade, by the way!

Ah OK.  Yeah, sounds plausible.  And thanks.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 10, 2016, 11:21:06 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 10, 2016, 05:38:30 PM
Grade confirmed today as a 2:1.  I'm OK with that.

Good to have it confirmed. So what's the next step for you?

Earn a little bit of cash, get out of here and look at either paid research jobs, private sector fuckery or doing a final year thesis to upgrade this to a PhD.

Depends on what I find.

The Good Reverend Roger

wish me luck.  Cactus without wifi, in I'Itoy's goddamn toilet bowl, in just 2 hours.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2016, 05:16:42 AM
Put off until tomorrow, roads closed due to flooding.

I hope that things go well. My guts tell me to tell you not to go alone, do NOT trust the water, don't follow any animal you see. I'm not telling you your business, just what I can. I'm trying to build my strength up till overcome whatever has me so bound up. I needed more than an hour to put my head in order and stop the involuntary waterworks last time I tried to tap into it through your writing. It's still hard to talk about directly, but I got some impressions. Only one was particularly clear.

The GODTOILET was a dish collecting knowledge long before we started building them. Every drop of rain, snow, and mist that gathers in it is like a data packet of sorts carrying a sort of status cookie. "Big Brother" guards and reads these and learns about the world. A new story made just for him would be a fit offering, and you really should make one.

Also... does the NATION, any member, know of your intent? That on the day of your intended journey the road was made impassable by water indicates that The People, in spirit, are not in accord. You're damn well favored to get such a portent. If the spirits hated you the way would be made clear and every attempt made to get you IN THE WATER. They would not play fair. Trust me.

I'm going to go try and shake this feeling now.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

Quote from: SuuCal on June 10, 2016, 10:20:37 PM
I just dropped my lap loom. The one thing that's been keeping me fucking sane since I got here. I couldn't set it in the table vice right so I have no idea if the wood glue will catch. Ugh. I want my husband. Or my mom. Or a beer. Until then I guess a beer will suffice. I've been doing a lot of daydrinking since I moved here.

There's Newton's Yarn Country in Anaheim that would know what your best/local options are at the moment.  I have a cursory affiliation to FiberShed in CA and that Newton's joint is all the rage with them.