News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 29, 2016, 05:14:06 PM
38 years old and I finally got a Big Boy Job.

That's about how old I was.

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 29, 2016, 05:14:06 PMStart training tomorrow. Real money, great benefits, no management responsibilities required to obtain said money and benefits. Still get to play with food for a living (good, real food no less) but I'll be goddamned if I ever subject myself to the restaurant industry again in this life or any other. There's a serious rant brewing about that, and when it forms cohesive paragraphs it'll probably ruin going out to eat for the rest of you, if you have any sort of moral compass at all.

I am so down.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 29, 2016, 01:41:26 PM
On the other hand, I am always impressed by the strength of your principles and convictions.

Thanks.  It's a combination of "what kind of world do you want?" and "don't disappoint Jenn's expectations", really, though.

Quote from: LMNO on June 29, 2016, 01:41:26 PMGood luck.

It's a little late for luck, but thanks again.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: LMNO on June 29, 2016, 01:41:26 PM
Roger, I sorry to hear that shit-throwing monkeys are (once again) getting in the way of Good Things.

On the other hand, I am always impressed by the strength of your principles and convictions.

Good luck.

Ditto on all counts. Though not all businesses will be like this, it's slimy under-handed politics and stupid drama like this that makes me glad the office staff here consists of me.

The cowardice in his not even being able do it himself, especially without any grounds to stand on, is disgusting.

But as others have said, I do admire your resoluteness in sticking to your principles. Best of luck.

ETA: In light of your comment above re: luck, best hopes for things to go as well as can be expected considering the circumstances and a pox on all their houses.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 29, 2016, 05:23:00 PM

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 29, 2016, 05:14:06 PMStart training tomorrow. Real money, great benefits, no management responsibilities required to obtain said money and benefits. Still get to play with food for a living (good, real food no less) but I'll be goddamned if I ever subject myself to the restaurant industry again in this life or any other. There's a serious rant brewing about that, and when it forms cohesive paragraphs it'll probably ruin going out to eat for the rest of you, if you have any sort of moral compass at all.

I am so down.

I just had the best worst idea ever.

Some fine day in the future, you and I should run a food truck together.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

I foresee a culinary Abbot and Costello.

You're both big bastards though.

What's a succinct re-wording of "you break it, I'll fix it?"

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 29, 2016, 05:20:51 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 29, 2016, 04:09:25 PM
Come work with me, Roger.

We have an opening on the day shift.

will there be wrath and horror and people running around asking why we DO such things?

Every single day.  I can say that with certainty.

POFP

Quote from: LMNO on June 29, 2016, 06:14:41 PM
I foresee a culinary Abbot and Costello.

You're both big bastards though.

What's a succinct re-wording of "you break it, I'll fix it?"

You kill it, we fry it?
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

LMNO

I'm not sure you understand Roger and ECH's various relationships with food preparation.

POFP

Quote from: LMNO on June 29, 2016, 07:04:44 PM
I'm not sure you understand Roger and ECH's various relationships with food preparation.

Probably not. Should I be checking out Discordian Recipes for examples?
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 29, 2016, 01:50:46 AM
So.

A week or so, my boss tells me I'm off probation, with the official letter due today.  Last Thursday, he demands - based on one janitor's (Debra) griping - that I fire the lady I just hired out of the kitchen (Tonya).  There's old HR stuff there, and so he wants me to fire her so he isn't The Guy in a labor board/legal issue.  Roger didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday and I don't find myself inclined to fire a single mother of three because Debra had a feud with Tonya's mother (who died YEARS ago), so I decline to fire her.  (There are no grounds to fire her except that her change of jobs restarted her probationary period, even though she's been there for 7 years, and you can fire someone on probation for any reason or no reason at all.)

So today, my paperwork says my probation is being extended until October 31st.  which just happens to be the last day of the fiscal year.  Nobody before has had their probation extended (they have either been let go or taken off of probation), and in my 20 years of doing this kind of work, I have never seen any one survive an extended probation.

Results:
1.  My career is toast.  May as well just accept it.
2.  Because of that, the promotion I was arranging for Debra based on her seniority isn't going to happen, because I now very tragically lack the juice to make it happen.
3.  There will be butthurt about that, and about a whole lot more.
4.  Looking for a new job, while I still have this one (which all depends on how long it takes for the boss to "suggest" getting rid of Tonya again, whereupon I will refuse and then my probation will end as I am found to be unsuitable for the job anyway.)

This all sucks, because I love the place, but I can't work for a weasel.

What the absolute hell  :argh!:

Don Coyote

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 29, 2016, 07:18:12 PM

Roger is so not meant to prepare food that the universe warps probability so things always burst into flames.

POFP

Quote from: Don Coyote on June 29, 2016, 09:25:58 PM

Roger is so not meant to prepare food that the universe warps probability so things always burst into flames.

:eek:  :lulz:

Roger should cater my next family gathering on my Dad's side. I'll show up late  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 29, 2016, 05:43:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 29, 2016, 05:23:00 PM

I am so down.

I just had the best worst idea ever.

Some fine day in the future, you and I should run a food truck together.

LADY OR THE TIGER.

By which I mean

FOODIE HEAVEN OR EVERYTHING EXPLODED AND EVERYBODY DIED.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on June 29, 2016, 09:25:58 PM

Could have happened to anybody, really.

The Good Reverend Roger

I don't recommend it.  2 kitchen fires, a notch out of my ear, a skillet through the (closed) window, and I failed spectacularly at toast.