News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on July 02, 2016, 03:24:42 AM
Do you require a small help?

:lulz: :lulz:

Are you having to need an assistance with your password?

In all seriousness, the worst is when they are quiet because they are shy and aren't confident in their ability to speak English. The funny thing is, it's these people that understand me the most. I just can't understand them because they won't talk louder. I feel bad for them, though. I know how that is.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

POFP

I try to have the most patience with those ones, though. Getting openly frustrated with them doesn't increase their confidence or loudness. It makes the problem worse.

Also, it was suggested to me to learn their greeting and fairwells in their language. I think I'm going to do that.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Meunster

I feel like I have a secret identity. I'm helping a food not bombs group while being in the army. Neither must know.
Poe's law ;)

Cain

Quote from: Meunster on July 02, 2016, 11:11:04 PM
I feel like I have a secret identity. I'm helping a food not bombs group while being in the army. Neither must know.

It's OK, I told them both.  You don't have to worry about it now.

Trivial

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 02, 2016, 03:48:11 AM
I try to have the most patience with those ones, though. Getting openly frustrated with them doesn't increase their confidence or loudness. It makes the problem worse.

Also, it was suggested to me to learn their greeting and fairwells in their language. I think I'm going to do that.

Not sure if you've run into this yet but you you have to be aware of the "shoot the messenger" fear.  Certain groups try to fish for the answer hey think you want instead of the answer that is reality, not sure if it is fear that will lose their jobs if they have bad news, but it happens even when it's something they didn't cause.  Very bad in IT, but unbelievably common in teams from India for some reason.

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

POFP

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on July 03, 2016, 05:03:43 AM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 02, 2016, 03:48:11 AM

Not sure if you've run into this yet but you you have to be aware of the "shoot the messenger" fear.  Certain groups try to fish for the answer hey think you want instead of the answer that is reality, not sure if it is fear that will lose their jobs if they have bad news, but it happens even when it's something they didn't cause.  Very bad in IT, but unbelievably common in teams from India for some reason.

I have seen this a little, but on smaller scale. The only thing like that that I saw that was big was a guy from India desperately needing to re-open a ticket he incidentally closed as "Incomplete."The thing is, the area of IT he was in, the tickets they deal with can cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, especially for important changes. This was an important change. He basically tried to tell me anything he could to get me to re-open the ticket. But it was simply something I didn't have the ability to do. Level 1 guys can't re-open tickets. Least not where I work.

Other than that, I tend to have Indian users that are very very scared to ask simple questions about processes regarding low-level issues like password resets and Deskside issues. Or, the issue will be big, and they'll ask for a ticket to be routed to a specific guy that can't actually fix the issue, I'm assuming so that the ticket stays off the radar. Which doesn't help anyone unless that specific guy can route tickets.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on July 02, 2016, 11:51:49 PM

:lulz:
:umad:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

So, medieval feasting in central London.

Pros: the singer who looked like Henry the VIII was chill.  The swordsmen and acrobats were also good, and the service was excellent.

Cons: the beer was watered down, I didn't see any mead and the food, though certainly traditional, was somewhat lacklustre.  Also I may be blacklisted after stealing the Crown.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey spags.

Things are OK. I finally graduated. 3 BS degrees, Cum laude, etc. I still have to finish my thesis, which I have like, one month to do.

My undergraduate research advisor wants me to do a Masters in her lab, which I am all about, but we don't yet know whether she can shoehorn me into the department given that applications closed in, like, September.

Surprisingly shitty housemate moved out, but has left a ton of garbage and wood and tools in the yard, which I presume he is simply counting on being able to trespass at his leisure to collect but what the fuck ever. If it's still here when we get back from Alaska I'm taking it to the dump.

I don't know how my dad is doing because my brother kidnapped him and took him to California.

EFO is also in California, but she's visiting her girlfriends and having fun.

LO, Alty, and I went berry picking yesterday and returned with 23 pounds of raspberries and blueberries. We're going back for blackberries with Little Alty in two weeks, yay!

I miss the boy one every day, all day. It makes it hard to think the way I'm used to thinking and by the end of the day I'm pretty worn out, but the pain isn't as excruciatingly constant anymore.

How are you miscreants faring?

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

Quote from: Cain on July 02, 2016, 11:51:49 PM

Thanks. Actually that's only get me shunned by the wing nuts.
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 03, 2016, 05:19:54 PM
Hey spags.

Things are OK. I finally graduated. 3 BS degrees, Cum laude, etc. I still have to finish my thesis, which I have like, one month to do.

My undergraduate research advisor wants me to do a Masters in her lab, which I am all about, but we don't yet know whether she can shoehorn me into the department given that applications closed in, like, September.

Surprisingly shitty housemate moved out, but has left a ton of garbage and wood and tools in the yard, which I presume he is simply counting on being able to trespass at his leisure to collect but what the fuck ever. If it's still here when we get back from Alaska I'm taking it to the dump.

I don't know how my dad is doing because my brother kidnapped him and took him to California.

EFO is also in California, but she's visiting her girlfriends and having fun.

LO, Alty, and I went berry picking yesterday and returned with 23 pounds of raspberries and blueberries. We're going back for blackberries with Little Alty in two weeks, yay!

I miss the boy one every day, all day. It makes it hard to think the way I'm used to thinking and by the end of the day I'm pretty worn out, but the pain isn't as excruciatingly constant anymore.

How are you miscreants faring?

It appears, on average, that things are getting better for you. VERY happy to hear that. I was worried it would be a very long time before we heard from you again (Speaking for those who only know you on here).

Things are looking up for a some of us, and looking bad for others.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 03, 2016, 05:32:32 PM

:eek: :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on July 03, 2016, 11:19:51 AM
So, medieval feasting in central London.

Pros: the singer who looked like Henry the VIII was chill.  The swordsmen and acrobats were also good, and the service was excellent.

Cons: the beer was watered down, I didn't see any mead and the food, though certainly traditional, was somewhat lacklustre.  Also I may be blacklisted after stealing the Crown.

That's a lifetime goal, right there. All of it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl