News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Look, we can we all be the SGitR? That I will tell you. We're doing it, ok? And I understand what you're saying, I hear it all the time. People call me and say "Is it really as bad as you say?". That's what they are asking me, its unbelievable. The SGiTR numbers are in big trouble, that I can tell you. But we are going to do it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

So I've been called into a meeting, on a day I'm not at work, to discuss Monday night's incident.

I swear to God, if they are going to try and put this back on me, I will burn every last one of them.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 10, 2016, 12:56:04 AM
So I've been called into a meeting, on a day I'm not at work, to discuss Monday night's incident.

I swear to God, if they are going to try and put this back on me, I will burn every last one of them.

I'd keep the gasoline out, if I were you.  I can smell this coming.

Cain

Maybe.

On the other hand, we're running a skeleton crew and one of the staff recently got signed off for stress (if the rumours are true).  I'm basically the most senior, in terms of time with the company, member of staff they have right now.  If I go, it leaves all but 1 shift understaffed.

But they're pretty unpredictable at the best of times, so I'm not taking chances.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 10, 2016, 01:00:39 AM
Maybe.

On the other hand, we're running a skeleton crew and one of the staff recently got signed off for stress (if the rumours are true).  I'm basically the most senior, in terms of time with the company, member of staff they have right now.  If I go, it leaves all but 1 shift understaffed.

But they're pretty unpredictable at the best of times, so I'm not taking chances.

Do not expect survival-based behavior from crazy people.  It's why they're crazy.

Sung Low

I met someone I connected with. I fucked it up by being needy and doubtful. Still, I feel glad that I met this person.

also, cheers TGGR for posting THIS GEM http://bennycent.ytmnd.com/

The d key has chosen to absent itself

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sung Low on March 10, 2016, 03:55:03 AM
I met someone I connected with. I fucked it up by being needy and doubtful. Still, I feel glad that I met this person.

Is it just kinda fucked, or proper fucked?

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2016, 03:37:38 AM
Quote from: Cain on March 10, 2016, 01:00:39 AM
Maybe.

Do not expect survival-based behavior from crazy people.  It's why they're crazy.

Indeed.

Looks like one of the students is already suing them for other reasons, and so they want to cover their backs, based on the meeting I just had.

Maybe.  But we'll see.

Worst comes to worst, I'll point out I was being interviewed after my 4th overnight shift, on less than 4 hours of sleep, if they want to try and come at me.  And then I'll throw a year of bad decision-making in their faces.

Sung Low

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2016, 04:07:27 AM
Quote from: Sung Low on March 10, 2016, 03:55:03 AM

Is it just kinda fucked, or proper fucked?

Not proper fucked, in that I think we'd still get along if we met up. I just got scared about how real it seemed, if that makes sense, and backed off. Now it's possible she's not even in the same country. It was some of the easiest, natural and honest conversations I've had with someone.

I met an intelligent, funny, generous and straight talking person who feels that big love, and my emotionally stunted self said retreat. I am genuinely happy that I met her, though. Even if I messed up something potentially good, I also felt some true love and wouldn't change that.

For clarity, this was last summer but I'll be damned if it doesn't still chew on me.
The d key has chosen to absent itself

The Good Reverend Roger

Our legislature is once again "considering" allowing completely unrestricted electronic billboards anywhere in Arizona.  Which is full of observatories.

Also, the people pushing the bill want to put up a couple of dozen of them along the sides of the grand canyon, making it as romantic as Niagara Falls became after it was surrounded by hi-rise buildings.

Cain

"Science" is merely hating god put into action.

And nothing says scenic like "five star resort full of obnoxious fucking tourists".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I finally was gonna migrate all my shit from my old mac to my new mac, and my old mac is now unresponsive. Grrrr.

In less frustrating news, I learned a new word today, which I think I will have a LOT of use for. "Hoon". https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hooning
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."