News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

Is Facebook dead lately or am I just really unpopular? I remember when I used to get a bunch of new notifications everyday, but now it's like barely a few each week.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nast on March 17, 2016, 12:42:00 AM
Is Facebook dead lately or am I just really unpopular? I remember when I used to get a bunch of new notifications everyday, but now it's like barely a few each week.

who are you on FB?  I can add you to some groups that are more fun than you really wanted.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nast on March 17, 2016, 04:32:06 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 17, 2016, 03:03:15 AM
Oh, right.  Never mind.   :lulz:

Sorry for the delay! I wasn't ignoring you. PM and friend request sent.

I just accepted about 20 friend requests, most of whom are socks of people I have offended.  Hang on a sec.

The Good Reverend Roger

Right, I added you to FA.

The very first thing you should never do is fuck with Cindy.  She and Mike are preggers and she's a bit of a berserker right now.

Other than that, go nuts.

The Good Reverend Roger

Nast

Am currently scoping out what mire of internet horror I have come across again. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on March 17, 2016, 12:42:00 AM

I don't even know because Facebook changed its algorithms a few weeks ago such that it is now useless for anything but groups. My feed is such a clusterfuck that I gave up on it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

35 Mw laser is busted.

I am staying overnight on the mountain to fix it, because I am apparently the gigantic laser repair dude.  The EM guys are afraid of it because it's 480VAC instead of the 230VAC they're used to.

THE METHODS OF FUCKING THOSE TWO VOLTAGES UP - AND THE PENALTIES FOR DOING SO - ARE IDENTICAL.

Superstition, even up here.  I could cry, I really could.

Also, finally met the big boss, and he is apparently Jim's slightly more aware twin.  Except that he isn't a religious nut and doesn't hate me.

POFP

Soooo, does anyone remember a thread where someone here had an amazing skill, wherein (that?) they were able to convert any mundane statement, paragraph, or story into corporate mumbo jumbo?

I pretty much only had the time and attention span for this single thread link request. I'll add to my shitposts when I have the time and have fallen off my ego cliff this week.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

President Television

Quote from: Fernando Poo on March 18, 2016, 01:19:21 AM
Soooo, does anyone remember a thread where someone here had an amazing skill, wherein (that?) they were able to convert any mundane statement, paragraph, or story into corporate mumbo jumbo?

I pretty much only had the time and attention span for this single thread link request. I'll add to my shitposts when I have the time and have fallen off my ego cliff this week.

I don't know what thread it was, but I do know it was LMNO that could do it.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

POFP

If that is the case, then I have a wedding proposal for LMNO (Yes, very homo), and I may now have a more effective way of searching for de fread. Thank ye kindly!
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Freeky

POFP