News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on March 19, 2016, 06:24:13 AM
Oh hell, most of the time I'M the drunk one.

I used to do that, but the hangovers are more pain than the drunk is fun, if you know what I mean.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

POFP

Quote from: Hoopla on March 19, 2016, 05:23:41 AM
Observation: drunk people are, by and large, boring as hell.

Especially when they are the only other person around.
And watching them stumble to the bathroom is probably the most depressing thing you can ever watch.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Salty

I wanted to own a bar for such a long time. A bar where there are no TVs, old country music overhead, and maybe very small, a bar and a row of tables behind it. Very, very soft, cushy stools. The Soft Stool.

Then I realized I hate being around drunk people when I'm not and sometimes when I am.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

BREAKING NEWS:

It is not so easy to find a push-up bra in larger cup sizes.

:sad:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I think there's a tendency to smother oneself, or at least what's know in the scene I run in as "titloaf".

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 19, 2016, 10:28:31 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

Nope.  I had the best luck with Victoria's Secret, their Angel Dreams Push-Up is AMAZING and equally EXPENSIVE.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on March 20, 2016, 01:49:13 AM
I think there's a tendency to smother oneself, or at least what's know in the scene I run in as "titloaf".

I just want something that gives the appropriate degree of cleavage in a vintage swing-style dress. I usually prefer Natori but they're basically like, DD? We aren't helping you with that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on March 20, 2016, 02:36:49 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 19, 2016, 10:28:31 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

Nope.  I had the best luck with Victoria's Secret, their Angel Dreams Push-Up is AMAZING and equally EXPENSIVE.

I was eyeballing their stuff, I used to wear it all the time but haven't in a few years. I will probably end up giving them a try.

Cain

After waiting almost all night for a student to return:

"OK, I'm going to have to print off the fire list now."
Press print button.
Computer responds.
No less than 5 seconds later the student in question returns.
I silently scowl, and update the list again

:x

POFP

The girlfriend complained of the same thing a lot, Nigel. Pretty sure Choppa's suggestion was mentioned at some point in conversation shortly before the issue was resolved.

Unrelated:

Question about the forum that is too small to make a thread for in the recommended site section: If I edit a post or comment, does it show as a new reply notification for the thread to everyone else? I had made a post that had gotten very little replies after editing the main post. It's completely understandable if nobody posted because they weren't interested in the thread. I just didn't want the lack of activity to be because of a lack of understanding of the notification mechanics. Didn't know if it was better to make a new post in the thread, or edit the OP for aesthetics (bruh).
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Faust

It wont generate a new notification if its edited, if you're using it as repository style its common for people to edit the original post to add in more information, and post an update message to refresh the thread.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

POFP

Quote from: Faust on March 20, 2016, 02:34:32 PM
It wont generate a new notification if its edited, if you're using it as repository style its common for people to edit the original post to add in more information, and post an update message to refresh the thread.

Noted for the future. Thank you, sir!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on March 20, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
The girlfriend complained of the same thing a lot, Nigel. Pretty sure Choppa's suggestion was mentioned at some point in conversation shortly before the issue was resolved.

Yeah, but have you seen their styles this year? <shudder> Neon yellow and pink... WTF.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), not all of their styles come in DD, either, so I was weeding through fugly after fugly hoping for a hit on the non-fugly. I may yet find something good, but I actually prefer more upscale brands like Freya.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on March 19, 2016, 07:24:52 PM
I wanted to own a bar for such a long time. A bar where there are no TVs, old country music overhead, and maybe very small, a bar and a row of tables behind it. Very, very soft, cushy stools. The Soft Stool.

Then I realized I hate being around drunk people when I'm not and sometimes when I am.

Bars without TV are the best kind of bars, and sorely needed around here. The Beech, the Free House, and the Red Fox are all TV-less, but that's what, three bars out of the 150 or so that are local to us?