Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

One would think that rather defeats the point of solitary confinement, no?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 27, 2016, 06:23:01 PM

I think they're trying to create tiers of woe, if you'll pardon the expression.

Creating a Darwinian hell level to create the perfect monster.  2 men go in, one comes out.

Sort of like the goldfish experiment I posted back in 2003.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Yeah, we've done similar over here.

I think possibly the best example was when we started putting Asian men convincted of petty, non-violent, first time criminal offences in the same cells as actually convincted racist/Neo-Nazi killers.

The Good Reverend Roger

High winds on the mountain today.  60 MPH, with gusts up to 95 MPH.

It's a festival.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 27, 2016, 06:31:37 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 27, 2016, 06:23:01 PM

I think they're trying to create tiers of woe, if you'll pardon the expression.

Creating a Darwinian hell level to create the perfect monster.  2 men go in, one comes out.

Sort of like the goldfish experiment I posted back in 2003.

My only surprise is that this shit hasn't been turned into a TV show.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

Been playing around with css, trying to make the metal gear codec without images or javascript

http://radiocodac.azurewebsites.net/ptt
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

What's up, cats? I was just going through my archives and bumped into the video I took at the 2008 Day of Discord meatup in Rhode Island. Wow, what a bunch of spags! Got me thinkin about this place. I wanted to swing by and check in - see how everybody's doing. It's weird how this bizarre blend of community and personal spirituality sticks with you. I could use a shot of crazy - the good kind - in my life.

Stuff's good over here with me. I'm working in Manhattan now, which is stupid, but it's a living. Living with my girlfriend in Sleepy Hollow, the most haunted town in America and possibly the solar system.

I signed up to be the GM of this larp in Connecticut. That pretty much consumed my life for about 2 years. It was exhilarating but ultimately very draining and frustrating. At the end of the last season I stepped down as GM, and am now about to embark as a regular NPC. Which is gonna be hard, as the game is probably in its death spiral--hard to watch stuff you love go to shit. But you also can't fight destiny. If it's gonna die, it's gonna die.

Occasionally I like to go through old journals. My active membership at PD represents a time of transition for me - moving from a hippy dippy magical headspace into the more straight-faced conventional world of the suck-ass adult commuter. As much as I cringe at the past me, I can't help but feel I lost some vitality and spontaneity since then. So partly out of nostalgia, partly out of aspiration, partly 'cause I miss the fuck out of you cats, greetings and beatings. have some sauce.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on March 29, 2016, 03:55:05 PM
What's up, cats? I was just going through my archives and bumped into the video I took at the 2008 Day of Discord meatup in Rhode Island. Wow, what a bunch of spags! Got me thinkin about this place. I wanted to swing by and check in - see how everybody's doing. It's weird how this bizarre blend of community and personal spirituality sticks with you. I could use a shot of crazy - the good kind - in my life.

Stuff's good over here with me. I'm working in Manhattan now, which is stupid, but it's a living. Living with my girlfriend in Sleepy Hollow, the most haunted town in America and possibly the solar system.

I signed up to be the GM of this larp in Connecticut. That pretty much consumed my life for about 2 years. It was exhilarating but ultimately very draining and frustrating. At the end of the last season I stepped down as GM, and am now about to embark as a regular NPC. Which is gonna be hard, as the game is probably in its death spiral--hard to watch stuff you love go to shit. But you also can't fight destiny. If it's gonna die, it's gonna die.

Occasionally I like to go through old journals. My active membership at PD represents a time of transition for me - moving from a hippy dippy magical headspace into the more straight-faced conventional world of the suck-ass adult commuter. As much as I cringe at the past me, I can't help but feel I lost some vitality and spontaneity since then. So partly out of nostalgia, partly out of aspiration, partly 'cause I miss the fuck out of you cats, greetings and beatings. have some sauce.

sup, Cram.

Cramulus

By the way Rog, you look great with hair. I didn't know you had that capability--I figured all your follicles had been scoured off by scalpal volanic activity by now.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on March 29, 2016, 04:36:44 PM
By the way Rog, you look great with hair. I didn't know you had that capability--I figured all your follicles had been scoured off by scalpal volanic activity by now.

Thanks.  It's a brain fungus thing.

Eater of Clowns

Heya Cram, good to see you here.

I think my father has a bottle of that hot sauce.  :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

Been awake 31 hours.  Trying to reset my sleeping times to something approaching normal, as opposed to sometime between 4-6am that has been happening this week.

So looking forward to the day I can quit this job.  Not long now...