News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 02, 2016, 01:22:07 AM
Whelp, true to form, been too long with the same manager so they decided I needed a new one.  #7 now.  This time not in the building, so I'm extra easy to get rid of when "resource actions" hit.

I don't understand your workplace.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 02, 2016, 02:46:23 AM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 02, 2016, 01:22:07 AM
Whelp, true to form, been too long with the same manager so they decided I needed a new one.  #7 now.  This time not in the building, so I'm extra easy to get rid of when "resource actions" hit.

I don't understand your workplace.

It's trying hard to be a place of sales people selling things that make themselves and services provided by nobody.  Now, it also makes software that can do most of that, but that part of the company doesn't talk to my part.  If it did I wouldn't have a job anyway and the company would make much more sense.

It also thinks all problems with clients can be fixed by shuffling personnel resources around to different managers. 

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Q. G. Pennyworth

If anyone's available to proofread 94 pages of nonsense...

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 03, 2016, 01:46:08 AM

I can do some if you like. Probably don't have the time for all 94 if you want it on some kind of timescale. 
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Xaz on April 03, 2016, 03:50:09 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 03, 2016, 01:46:08 AM

I can do some if you like. Probably don't have the time for all 94 if you want it on some kind of timescale.

If you could give me some quick answers on legibility (not content) that would be really helpful. There are some pages turned 90 degrees and I'm comfortable reading them, but I can also read upside down without giving myself a headache so I'm probably a bad judge.

POFP

As work gets slower throughout the day, I may be able to dedicate some time to proofreading as well. The only information I need to know is, how SFW is it?
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Fernando Poo on April 03, 2016, 07:39:31 PM
As work gets slower throughout the day, I may be able to dedicate some time to proofreading as well. The only information I need to know is, how SFW is it?

There are some image heavy pages and some swears in large enough type that a boss-type person could potentially read them over your shoulder.

For those of you who get the link, you'll have to actually download the pdf because only the first 14 pages are displaying online.

Junkenstein

It's all working fine for me online. Where do you want comments etc to go to?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 04, 2016, 02:26:56 PM

PM or in the Holy Nonsense thread in the Project Board?

Junkenstein

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 04, 2016, 02:56:21 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 04, 2016, 02:26:56 PM

PM or in the Holy Nonsense thread in the Project Board?

Ah. Yes. I am a fool.

minuspace

Keyboard's shorted on the laptop.  Going in.  Can't see anything, though I detect hints of Cabernet.  I'm going to dismantle the logic board and give it some fresh air.  Hope that works.

Update:  Command key, possibly shift key, are acting like they're stuck, breaking all the others.  The problem nearly seems mechanical.  Morale sucks.  Tomorrow's presentation will all be in hardcopy, I think I'm coming to terms with that.

Update:  make that only half-hardcopy, keyboard is back online - hooray!

The Good Reverend Roger

Northrop-Grumman is now involved in the exoplanet search, at the solar telescope, as of this month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Worlds_Mission

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Well, you have to admit, the discovery of advanced alien life would be a boon to the arms industry.

minuspace

And, for back-breeding livestock to invigorate the heart of our game-hunting reserves.