News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

(a+b)(a-b) = a2-b2+1

That's all I got to say about You People.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2016/04/07/near-isis-front-us-marine-artillerymen-fire-everyday/82748578/

So, my son is in that group (we were told he was being deployed to Kuwait).  The guy that got killed was my son's boss.  So far, Ian is pretty frosty about the whole thing.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 08, 2016, 10:25:21 PM
Shit, I'm sorry to hear that Roger.

Thanks.  Ian himself is doing fine, it's just a bit of a shock finding out he's been in combat for 19 days when we had expected him to be sitting in a pile of sand fleas in Kuwait.  Needless to say, his mother is beside herself, having seen what ISIS does to prisoners.

The Good Reverend Roger

QG has the right to use any of my stuff, as per our normal agreement. 

Junkenstein

Fuck. Hope it calms down there soon man. Or at least for him to get through cleanly.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2016, 10:27:56 PM

Thanks.  Ian himself is doing fine, it's just a bit of a shock finding out he's been in combat for 19 days when we had expected him to be sitting in a pile of sand fleas in Kuwait.  Needless to say, his mother is beside herself, having seen what ISIS does to prisoners.

I make a point of never watching that shit, just on the off chance that my brother ends up in that particular sandbox anytime soon. Can I send cookies their way?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 08, 2016, 11:20:49 PM

I make a point of never watching that shit, just on the off chance that my brother ends up in that particular sandbox anytime soon. Can I send cookies their way?

Unfortunately, I don't have a means by which to send him anything yet.  This was all kept secret until a day or two ago, so I don't have a mailing address.

The Good Reverend Roger

Zenpatista

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2016, 09:35:10 PM
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2016/04/07/near-isis-front-us-marine-artillerymen-fire-everyday/82748578/

So, my son is in that group (we were told he was being deployed to Kuwait).  The guy that got killed was my son's boss.  So far, Ian is pretty frosty about the whole thing.

Jesus. Hoping for the best. It's a travesty that they didn't even tell you. Is that sort of thing typical? I guess he must not have gotten much notice either.

Cain

Yeah, the Pentagon has been super fucking shitty with regards to telling people where their relatives actually are.  :sad:

Freeky

Good to hear Ian is doing okay. 

Eater of Clowns

I am, as always, in awe of the beings such as your son Roger, who allow us to live how we do, and put forth their own existence as collateral.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2016, 11:24:59 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 08, 2016, 11:20:49 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have a means by which to send him anything yet.  This was all kept secret until a day or two ago, so I don't have a mailing address.

If and when, ping me. I know shipping restrictions can be pretty tight.