News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

But where can I find a congregation of weird dicks?
Besides a zoo.

Hard to find weirdos cause they always go to those red door alley houses around 1am every other Sunday.
Poe's law ;)

POFP

Quote from: Meunster on April 16, 2016, 11:41:03 PM
But where can I find a congregation of weird dicks?
Besides a zoo.

Hard to find weirdos cause they always go to those red door alley houses around 1am every other Sunday.

Oh, that's Ohio. Endless supply, really.
Also, populated parts of Indiana, if I recall. Central United States is jam-packed full of freaky dicks. Short ones. Tall ones. Thick ones. Mostly harry ones.
And they'll all look at you like you insulted their mother if you pretend to have ideas.

And half of them will fuck you in the ass if given the chance. But they'll all deny it.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Meunster

Think we're off track.

I'm looking for dicks that enjoy being around. Like you guys.

Plus I'm from the mid west. Their dive bars are pretty bad and their warehouse raves have cops prebuilt in.

Where's the best gay bar in america? That'd be a good place to go on vacation.
Poe's law ;)

POFP

Quote from: Meunster on April 17, 2016, 12:28:52 AM
Think we're off track.

I'm looking for dicks that enjoy being around. Like you guys.

Plus I'm from the mid west. Their dive bars are pretty bad and their warehouse raves have cops prebuilt in.

Where's the best gay bar in america? That'd be a good place to go on vacation.

I have a circle of friends that are functionally the same as Gay bars. But they're not dicks. They're just stupid.

If you want people like those found in this basket of poop daggers, then you'll only find them in generally anonymous zones like this one. Well, more like just under the radar. Not anonymous.
As has been mentioned in every Discordian text, they don't exactly like making themselves known, personally.They "Learn to Shut Your Fucking Mouth" a lot of the time. And the ones that don't, are like me, and just aren't old enough and lack the self-control, and tend to be boring or exhausting to be around.
And these people probably wouldn't even know what a Discordian was, or who Eris is. But they are Discordians, through and through.

As far as I can tell, they are also found, scattered, anywhere. In places you wouldn't expect. Like fucking Tucson.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

minuspace

Salty

I am writing an essay for a Nature/Science writing course. Subject: Space Travel. Thesis: Human's shouldn't be allowed to do it for the good on the universe. I feel I'm on solid ground here.

For one thing, people are awful. Actually, that's the only thing.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Bruno

I had a guy threaten to sue me today because I wouldn't let him put 500 gallons of diesel fuel into two giant non-D.O.T. approved tanks sitting on the back of his flat bed truck. Then the manager on duty called me and told me to let him do it, ruining all my fun.

Reclaimed some of said lost fun when the fire department showed up, then lost some of it again when they totally didn't make him stop.  :?
Formerly something else...

POFP

Quote from: Vivat Alty on April 17, 2016, 09:34:08 PM
I am writing an essay for a Nature/Science writing course. Subject: Space Travel. Thesis: Human's shouldn't be allowed to do it for the good on the universe. I feel I'm on solid ground here.

For one thing, people are awful. Actually, that's the only thing.

At least you'll have plenty of sources to choose from. The internet. History books. Atlas Shrugged. You name it.

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 17, 2016, 09:50:43 PM
I had a guy threaten to sue me today because I wouldn't let him put 500 gallons of diesel fuel into two giant non-D.O.T. approved tanks sitting on the back of his flat bed truck. Then the manager on duty called me and told me to let him do it, ruining all my fun.

Reclaimed some of said lost fun when the fire department showed up, then lost some of it again when they totally didn't make him stop.  :?

^^^ Possible Attention Grabber for Essay?  :lulz:

Bruno

I have a feeling this story isn't over yet. The guy clearly thought of himself as a Very Important Businessmantm.

I just hope the manager doesn't get fired for approving something that was probably illegal. He's a pretty nice guy.

POFP

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 17, 2016, 10:06:48 PM
I have a feeling this story isn't over yet. The guy clearly thought of himself as a Very Important Businessmantm.

I just hope the manager doesn't get fired for approving something that was probably illegal. He's a pretty nice guy.

When a container isn't DOT approved, does that usually indicate that the gasoline will be chemically altered and ruined? Or that the container's integrity is in danger? My initial thought was more toward the latter.

Also, part of me feels like this happens all the time, based on the behavior that you've described.

EDIT: I meant Diesel fuel

Bruno

I'm not sure how much of a safety issue it is, an environmental hazard for sure if one or both of those tanks were to fall off the truck, but I suspect it's mainly a labeling issue.

POFP

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 17, 2016, 10:29:28 PM
I'm not sure how much of a safety issue it is, an environmental hazard for sure if one or both of those tanks were to fall off the truck, but I suspect it's mainly a labeling issue.

Oh, ok. Sounds like they suspected the same thing, and have been conditioned to ignore process in that case. But that's still risky as fuck. If he is nice, we'll hope the manager knows what he's doing.

Interested in the follow-up, for sure.

Bruno

Also, today I learned from a customer that the governor of Tennessee VETOED THE BIBLE!

I thought he just vetoed a bill to make the Bible the official state book of Tennessee, but the customer corrected me, and I understand now that the governor did, in fact veto the Bible.

POFP

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 17, 2016, 10:41:17 PM
Also, today I learned from a customer that the governor of Tennessee VETOED THE BIBLE!

I thought he just vetoed a bill to make the Bible the official state book of Tennessee, but the customer corrected me, and I understand now that the governor did, in fact veto the Bible.

Waaaaaa? Based on the semantics, that would imply that they tried to pass THE BIBLE as a law?

"Section4, Article 21 B: 'Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also.'"

POFP

Although, most likely something along these lines is what people would be worried about in that case:

"Section 2 Article 9.C

No man whose testicles have been crushed or whose organ has been cut off may become a member of the Assembly of God."