News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Meunster on April 25, 2016, 01:09:09 AM
Apparently the army has great mental health care.
Weird considering they don't let anyone with mental problems in.

Except officers.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Meunster on April 25, 2016, 01:09:09 AM
Apparently the army has great mental health care.
Weird considering they don't let anyone with mental problems in.

Soldiers commit suicide at a higher rate than the general population. It's very bad for PR, and they will put you under 24/7 guard if you have any indications that you might be even slightly depressed or unstable.

Junkenstein

Managed to catch the current Mark Thomas show and had some fun at the meet and greet after it finished. Remarkably nice chap. I'm only slightly annoyed that I didn't know there was a meet and greet otherwise I would have turned up with a package of Big Words.

One of the good things that came out of this was that the "Walking the wall" show (hiking along the Israeli/Palestinian barrier) will be coming out on DVD along with 2 other shows. That's fucking great as that show in particular still stands out as one of his best works. Strongly recommended if you have any interest in the area just for the perspective provided alone. The various tales that spin off from it cover pretty much every emotion going.

In summary: met an idol and was not disappointed.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Da6s

Somehow my 2 day training I'm conducting in Chicago in two weeks is now a 6 day training in both Chicago & Texas.

I would say I'm stressed, but I feel that would require more time than I currently have.

Anyone know of any fun bars or great food in Dallas?
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

minuspace

Got some kind of eschatological reunion coming up mid-may, where we are to meet different versions of ourselves from across time: 90% from the past (plus offspring), 10% impressionable snot faced punks from the future.  I have half a mind to attend and was wondering what kind of literature I could disseminate.  It would be a good vector.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 26, 2016, 12:09:56 PM
Managed to catch the current Mark Thomas show and had some fun at the meet and greet after it finished. Remarkably nice chap. I'm only slightly annoyed that I didn't know there was a meet and greet otherwise I would have turned up with a package of Big Words.

One of the good things that came out of this was that the "Walking the wall" show (hiking along the Israeli/Palestinian barrier) will be coming out on DVD along with 2 other shows. That's fucking great as that show in particular still stands out as one of his best works. Strongly recommended if you have any interest in the area just for the perspective provided alone. The various tales that spin off from it cover pretty much every emotion going.

He seems like a decent guy, glad to hear he lives up to the expectation.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on April 26, 2016, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 26, 2016, 12:09:56 PM

He seems like a decent guy, glad to hear he lives up to the expectation.

You can't help but like anyone who describes Osborne as "Looking like he's proud of having a wank into a butler's face".

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 27, 2016, 10:44:27 AM
Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on April 26, 2016, 09:52:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 26, 2016, 01:15:56 AM
Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on April 25, 2016, 09:50:11 PM
What'd i miss?

Discordia shat the bed again.   :lulz:

And we're left with the messy sheets?

Did you expect anything different? And it's Waffles! It Lives! How's life treating you man?

Hi there! Life's being a bitch right now, but it'll pass.

Or rather, the state is. Apparently I owe approx £1800 in back taxes. To be paid by August 31st. I'm getting married on September 3rd, so the timing is wonderful! 

Other than that though, I can't complain. :)
How're you?

[/b]

Freeky

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on April 27, 2016, 09:22:51 PM
Apparently I owe approx £1800 in back taxes. To be paid by August 31st.

:rogpipe:

QuoteI'm getting married on September 3rd,

:banana:

Quoteso the timing is wonderful! 

:rogpipe:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

I'm trying to read about The Turner Diaries on wikipedia.  I don't understand anything.  For instance,

QuoteThe "System" begins by implementing many new repressive laws on various forms of hate; by repealing laws against rape as rape laws are often viewed as "racist" and also imply that gender exists on a biological level, by making it a "hate crime" for white people to defend themselves from crime by non-whites even after all weapons are confiscated,

what does this even mean?  Are they using words in new and improved ways?  Have I suddenly turned stupid?