News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

I am in Safford AZ.  It is  very strange place, a significant portion of the buildings seem to have vanished, but the signs referring to them have not.

Cain

So...my mother works as a matron at a boarding school (far away from the one I'm currently at).

At wakeup call this morning, she found one of the students dead.  How was not mentioned to me, but because of the age and sudden nature, there will possibly be an inquest.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2016, 03:07:54 PM
So...my mother works as a matron at a boarding school (far away from the one I'm currently at).

At wakeup call this morning, she found one of the students dead.  How was not mentioned to me, but because of the age and sudden nature, there will possibly be an inquest.

Whoa. How's she dealing with it?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Shaken up obviously, but my father's there and the school has offered counselling.

I'm just hoping that the coroner can do his job and the family can get some closure.  The school is relatively well known, and as the person in the primary care position, she'd be in the firing line if there was any stitch-up (and she has dealt with suicidal students, students on drugs and students with serious mental disorders before, so I don't believe for a minute she didn't exercise due diligence) or if the media felt like it was a slow news day and wanted to cause a clickbait/social media frenzy, as they are sometimes wont to do.

Cainad (dec.)

PeeDee, I have lost 20 pounds (1.8 Celsius) between January and the beginning of April, unintentionally. I am led to believe that this represents a potentially serious health concern. I'm going through the rigamarole of getting to see a primary care physician, but if I went to an urgent care clinic would they be able to get bloodwork done faster? Also, do I have some kind of cancer-AIDS?

Salty

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on April 30, 2016, 08:45:39 PM
PeeDee, I have lost 20 pounds (1.8 Celsius) between January and the beginning of April, unintentionally. I am led to believe that this represents a potentially serious health concern. I'm going through the rigamarole of getting to see a primary care physician, but if I went to an urgent care clinic would they be able to get bloodwork done faster? Also, do I have some kind of cancer-AIDS?

My understanding is that both urgent care and primary care have to send stuff to a lab, maybe the same lab, depending on location.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's just a tapeworm or some other horrible, treatable parasite.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

That's terrible. I'll bet she is on point all the time, hope she comes through it ok.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Given the timeframe of the weight loss, I wouldn't stress about the waiting to get tests done part unless you're talking weeks to even see a doctor. (Not medical advice, I am not a physician, etc.)

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Vivat Alty on April 30, 2016, 08:55:39 PM

My understanding is that both urgent care and primary care have to send stuff to a lab, maybe the same lab, depending on location.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's just a tapeworm or some other horrible, treatable parasite.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 30, 2016, 09:14:05 PM
Given the timeframe of the weight loss, I wouldn't stress about the waiting to get tests done part unless you're talking weeks to even see a doctor. (Not medical advice, I am not a physician, etc.)

Much thanks. I definitely expect any nearby clinics to send blood to the same lab, I'm just starting to get antsy. I missed my appointment on Friday and was rescheduled for next Friday.

I didn't really notice a problem until it started affecting my martial arts training. I got weaker and weaker, and then I started vomiting after heavy calisthenics. Not going back until I know where the fuck my already meager muscles went.

POFP

Well, Cainad. I've checked WebMD, and it appears you're probably going to be fine. Except for the fact that you're probably going to die a long, painful death. My condolences.
I'd make preparations soon.

On the topic of health, should it be of any concern that I've eaten a meatball sub that had a foam plate melted to it in the microwave? Peeling off the part of the bread that had the foam on it was going to take too long, so I just left it on there. I just remembered that people told me the foam is toxic.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Freeky

POFP

Fuck, I missed this. I'm sorry Cain. I hope your mother is fine. And I hope they find out what happened.

Cainad: You said it was unintentional, but are you sure there were no moderate changes to your diet? Reduction or removal of anything specific? Also, my weight is incredibly unstable. I gain or lose 20 lbs bi-monthly, depending entirely on absolutely no pattern I can identify. My first thought wouldn't be to assume a serious problem. But difference in age may explain that. I'm 20. I don't know how old you are.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

Cain

Dissertation done, final conclusion and abstract aside.  Both of which can and will be done tonight.  That just leaves the bibliography and proof-read tomorrow before sending it off.

minuspace