News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 18, 2016, 01:38:29 AM
That's either a beautiful drive or horrible deathtrap. Possibly both.

Both.  Bigass empty desert.  Basically, I cross the mountains on the North end of Tucson, and drive down Sandario road - dips, curves, almost always empty, then onto the main drag for about 10 miles.  Then 12 miles up the mountain.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Right about now, a bigass mountain is looking mighty tempting, I'm not going to lie.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on May 18, 2016, 01:56:24 AM
Right about now, a bigass mountain is looking mighty tempting, I'm not going to lie.

It has the advantage of being 58 miles from my boss's office.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

minuspace

Mercury will soon be out of retrograde.  I just keep telling myself that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LuciferX on May 18, 2016, 07:07:36 AM
Mercury will soon be out of retrograde.  I just keep telling myself that.

Or you could just stop believing in astrology.

LMNO

Cain

I've been informed by my co-worker, who is doing some overtime this evening before the start of shift, that my boss has considerably backed down on his statements via email.

That said, he appeared in the office about 25 minutes ago, so...we shall see.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I have swallowed so much mucus over the course of this cold it's affecting my entire digestive tract.

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME.

The Wizard Joseph

So my efforts to move myself out were unintentionally aided by the timing of how things happened to play out. The middle of May is apparently the time that the city of LaCrosse sets aside for students moving out to deposit furniture on the curb. It turns into something of a swap meet. I myself got a very fine, spine supportive single mattress perfect for my new accomodations. Much of my own stuff was salvaged from the area by me or various friends, so really I'm just putting back what was borrowed mostly.

By the time it's all done I should have my "life" down to a few boxes of personal essentials and keepsakes. That seems to be the mode of my life. Expand and get comfortable until once again I shed down and shuffle around. Think I'm not going to let myself get so comfortable this time and keep my shit light and mobile. It seems that settling in is really very bad for my health mentally and physically.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

minuspace

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain

So, Windows 10 attempted to install on my computer without my permission.

That was...fun.