News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 05, 2016, 04:06:28 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 04, 2016, 06:13:01 PM
Not that it matters much for my character.  Dunmer = best race.  Plus fire magic and Red Eagle's Bane = curbstomping undead.

I was always a fan of Breton + Magic Defense Enchants = 75% Magic Damage reduction, but that was in the base game.

You can still do that in Requiem, it just takes longer.  Breton + Lord Stone + Saviour's Hide is pretty legit and fairly easy to get early on.  Throw in some Alteration, Alchemy and Enchanting and you're good.

However, Dunmer edge Bretons out because Ancestor's Wrath gives 95% damage reduction from all sources for 60 seconds, their starting stats and carry weight are better, and they can sneak, do alchemy and enchant items without requiring perks.  So in terms of starting off, they are a lot more flexible in filling whichever role you desire (in particular they can make nasty low level nightblades and assassins).

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 05, 2016, 04:14:56 AM
And Muhammad Ali died.   :cry:

On the plus side, this means the internet will now be full of people eager to prove just how right he was about America.  But yeah  :sad:

Trivial

Need more beer, the phrase "Why so you vote democrat, they've been oppressing minorities with welfare" was just uttered.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2016, 03:50:43 AM
Need feedback: is baiting a mammoth into clearing a bandit camp unknightly conduct?

Potentially mitigating factors: I am a Knight of Stendarr, not of Kyne, so smiting evil is my thing.  Nature is not so much my thing.  They also had two crossbows.  Also some sabrecats were already attacking them.  And some mudcrabs.  So in a way nature was already against them.  I also didn't do any permanent harm to the mammoth, though it was a bit pissed at me.

Chivalry experts, plz advise.

Its mostly in character for a Knight of Stendarr, however at this point due to the tricksy nature of the attack I must say you should consider being a Knight of Sheogorath
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Suu

I HAVE SEEN TUCSON.

I HAVE SEEN THE HOLY LAND.

I AM A CHANGED 40 YEAR OLD FAT MAN WHO HAS CROSSED THE DESERT TO...ANOTHER FUCKING DESERT.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

minuspace

Had the weirdest day-dream last night.  Somehow got clearance to enter this spaceship, pretty weird cylindrical lab-like environment.  Warm and friendly-like.  Everything was rounded.  No harsh colors or hard lines.  Airy and light.

Anyway, turns out I'm suddenly French-kissing (being French-kissed) by an alien.  I'm both in the alien lab (dream) and at home (actually) at the same time.  I know that the lab attendants might have been expecting the encounter, and my friends at home may have been slightly surprised.  The weird thing was being torn between gesturing (with my eyes; hands and mouth were occupied) toward recognition of high weirdness to my friends, and then also (more importantly) maintaining a sense of  proper decorum during this protracted, fly-by-night slow-motion encounter of the fourth kind.

It was like some kind of diplomatic handshake that would have been disrespectful to overlook or not perform in it's entirety, which was around pi/4 arc rotations in duration, or something like that.  You know, just in case this starts being a thing.  :lulz:

POFP

Quote from: LuciferX on June 05, 2016, 11:56:42 PM
Had the weirdest day-dream last night.  Somehow got clearance to enter this spaceship, pretty weird cylindrical lab-like environment.  Warm and friendly-like.  Everything was rounded.  No harsh colors or hard lines.  Airy and light.

Anyway, turns out I'm suddenly French-kissing (being French-kissed) by an alien.  I'm both in the alien lab (dream) and at home (actually) at the same time.  I know that the lab attendants might have been expecting the encounter, and my friends at home may have been slightly surprised.  The weird thing was being torn between gesturing (with my eyes; hands and mouth were occupied) toward recognition of high weirdness to my friends, and then also (more importantly) maintaining a sense of  proper decorum during this protracted, fly-by-night slow-motion encounter of the fourth kind.

It was like some kind of diplomatic handshake that would have been disrespectful to overlook or not perform in it's entirety, which was around pi/4 arc rotations in duration, or something like that.  You know, just in case this starts being a thing.  :lulz:

:regret:
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

Quote from: Faust on June 05, 2016, 09:32:12 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2016, 03:50:43 AM
Need feedback: is baiting a mammoth into clearing a bandit camp unknightly conduct?

Potentially mitigating factors: I am a Knight of Stendarr, not of Kyne, so smiting evil is my thing.  Nature is not so much my thing.  They also had two crossbows.  Also some sabrecats were already attacking them.  And some mudcrabs.  So in a way nature was already against them.  I also didn't do any permanent harm to the mammoth, though it was a bit pissed at me.

Chivalry experts, plz advise.

Its mostly in character for a Knight of Stendarr, however at this point due to the tricksy nature of the attack I must say you should consider being a Knight of Sheogorath

Sadly that ruins my sweet silver weapon and healing spell bonuses for not cavorting with daedra. 

Though it's questionable whether any bonus is as worthwhile as the wabbajack....

Freeky

Sheogorath is a trip.  I love doing that quest. 

Also, Hey Suu!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on June 05, 2016, 09:25:25 PM
I HAVE SEEN TUCSON.

I AM A CHANGED 40 YEAR OLD FAT MAN WHO HAS CROSSED THE DESERT TO...ANOTHER FUCKING DESERT.

:zombie:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 06, 2016, 04:00:31 AM
I HAVE SEEN TUCSON.

That is exactly what it felt like in the stretch of hate-filled landscape between the Arizona border and the ridge before San Diego. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT PLACE I HAVE FELT HELL AND DRIVEN THROUGH MARS.

But seriously though, I has a writing upcoming about the mountain that never got closer, but the road got longer. I swear this happened.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on June 06, 2016, 04:41:33 AM
I HAVE SEEN TUCSON.

That is exactly what it felt like in the stretch of hate-filled landscape between the Arizona border and the ridge before San Diego. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT PLACE I HAVE FELT HELL AND DRIVEN THROUGH MARS.

But seriously though, I has a writing upcoming about the mountain that never got closer, but the road got longer. I swear this happened.

That's the place where bad mobsters go when they die.

and yes, that's a death valley thing.  The background recycles like a Scooby Doo cartoon, and the dot where the road meets the horizon never ends.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 06, 2016, 04:44:55 AM
Quote from: The Suu on June 06, 2016, 04:41:33 AM
I HAVE SEEN TUCSON.

That's the place where bad mobsters go when they die.

and yes, that's a death valley thing.  The background recycles like a Scooby Doo cartoon, and the dot where the road meets the horizon never ends.

The Jacumba Mountains, those were the fuckers. Steep grades, and a sign to turn your AC off so your car wouldn't overheat. I had no issue with my Subaru until then. I pulled over, gave her a few seconds. Put the windows down and the heat on, wrapped my head and ears really well with my scarf, and the AWD locked her in 50mph across the range. It was like driving through a blast furnace from below sea level to 4000ft, and then the temperature plummeted within minutes from 112 to 89. By the time we got into the city about an hour later, it was 70. It was bizarre in the best way possible.