News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: The Suu on June 06, 2016, 05:16:32 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 06, 2016, 04:44:55 AM
Quote from: The Suu on June 06, 2016, 04:41:33 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 06, 2016, 04:00:31 AM
Quote from: The Suu on June 05, 2016, 09:25:25 PM
I HAVE SEEN TUCSON.

I HAVE SEEN THE HOLY LAND.

I AM A CHANGED 40 YEAR OLD FAT MAN WHO HAS CROSSED THE DESERT TO...ANOTHER FUCKING DESERT.

:zombie:

That is exactly what it felt like in the stretch of hate-filled landscape between the Arizona border and the ridge before San Diego. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT PLACE I HAVE FELT HELL AND DRIVEN THROUGH MARS.

But seriously though, I has a writing upcoming about the mountain that never got closer, but the road got longer. I swear this happened.

That's the place where bad mobsters go when they die.

and yes, that's a death valley thing.  The background recycles like a Scooby Doo cartoon, and the dot where the road meets the horizon never ends.

The Jacumba Mountains, those were the fuckers. Steep grades, and a sign to turn your AC off so your car wouldn't overheat. I had no issue with my Subaru until then. I pulled over, gave her a few seconds. Put the windows down and the heat on, wrapped my head and ears really well with my scarf, and the AWD locked her in 50mph across the range. It was like driving through a blast furnace from below sea level to 4000ft, and then the temperature plummeted within minutes from 112 to 89. By the time we got into the city about an hour later, it was 70. It was bizarre in the best way possible.

I was told the brakes get spongy too.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Insanely bored, but if I design any more flyers I think my husband is gonna beat me to death with used ink cartridges.

The Wizard Joseph

Was going to try and do more like these, but may not have the time for a bit.

Just spit balling and expanding on some of the gamer-geeky thoughts that have hit my brain at one point or another since I got here.

Might open a thread when I have more.
Geek items

Discordian relic for Pathfinder-like game

+3 Pants Of Importance:
Immune to fear effects, extreme weather, curses, and disease. Wearer may take full move every round but no otherwise prohibited actions when paralyzed, wearer always floats on water without a swim check, cannot be tripped or ensnared by natural hazardous terrain, immune to "dirty fighting" maneuvers targeting areas covered by pants, adds +5 magical bonus to all leadership or performance: oratory checks and any other checks made to maneuver self or commanded troops in combat. Pants resize and refit for any wearer and will make a tin can leaking baked beans look tasty, but can be fully concealed by covering the whole leg with looser clothing. Pants sweat like hell under layers or while riding in warm conditions. They ARE heavily leathered you know.  Attempting to roll up pants more than about 2 inches simply fails, entirely, forever. Pants are tight breeches of exquisite yellow cloth with both natural brown and green dyed leather fittings and reinforcement, they and wearer are magically always clean after 8 hrs of sleep and wearer always wakens easily with full consciousness instantly if interrupted, but the cleaning power will not trigger without 8 conservative hrs of uninterrupted rest. This removes all contagious pathogens wearer may be incidentally carrying. Pants cannot be removed unless wearer is dead, but will preserve the body and any items stored directly inside the pants against natural elements, animals,  and extreme decay. Wearer still IS clearly dead. If pants are still on wearer at the time of the casting the wearer and caster get a +5 bonus to all relevant resurrection checks, but if a resurrection spell or similar spell is used after the pants are removed and the spell fails for any reason the character is permanently dead and magically rots away producing a cloud of horrible stench with a radius equal to the character's level.

Usable once per day: Pants glitter golden and all mortal beings and undead seeing the wearer of the +3 Pants of Importance will begin to pursue the wearer in a mindless, idiotic state for exactly one hour. No save if seen.

A playing card from a game that only currently exists in another world... maybe.

Name: The Good Reverend Roger, HOLY AS FUCK!!
Lulz: 8
Reg: Science, Troll, Political, Religious
Tags: admin, horrible, magic(see txt), thuggish
Txt:
Only playable on threads that have had at least 1 Troll level regged by any spag, may swap threads as a normal admin spag once played.

TGRR, HAF!! has the magic tag whenever it would be beneficial and does not have it whenever the effects would be negative, or controlling player's choice. TGRR, HAF!! does not count as magical for initiating posts or playing shenanigans cards that require the "magic" Spag Tag, but may add to effect threshold count if player so chooses. TGRR, HAF!! is always counted  towards attempts to dispell, by any player, and counts double.

If this card is flounced for any reason remove it from the game. You may search your Spag deck for a copy of The Man From Tucson and put it into your hand. This does not count as a card draw. If you do, reshuffle.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Suu

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 06, 2016, 12:49:21 PM
I HAVE SEEN TUCSON.

I AM A CHANGED 40 YEAR OLD FAT MAN WHO HAS CROSSED THE DESERT TO...ANOTHER FUCKING DESERT.

That is exactly what it felt like in the stretch of hate-filled landscape between the Arizona border and the ridge before San Diego. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT PLACE I HAVE FELT HELL AND DRIVEN THROUGH MARS.

But seriously though, I has a writing upcoming about the mountain that never got closer, but the road got longer. I swear this happened.

and yes, that's a death valley thing.  The background recycles like a Scooby Doo cartoon, and the dot where the road meets the horizon never ends.

The Jacumba Mountains, those were the fuckers. Steep grades, and a sign to turn your AC off so your car wouldn't overheat. I had no issue with my Subaru until then. I pulled over, gave her a few seconds. Put the windows down and the heat on, wrapped my head and ears really well with my scarf, and the AWD locked her in 50mph across the range. It was like driving through a blast furnace from below sea level to 4000ft, and then the temperature plummeted within minutes from 112 to 89. By the time we got into the city about an hour later, it was 70. It was bizarre in the best way possible.

My brakes did okay. San Diego is far more hilly than NH was, however, so I can see that I'll be needed a brake job shortly. In addition to the oil change that I earned doing a 3500mi drive. But damn if this ain't a pretty city. The people are certifiable, but I think that comes with the combination of "desert" and "California."
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Got my dissertation grades back today.  Looks like a solid 2:1 overall, and an equally solid 2:1 grade for the M.Litt as a whole, though confirmation on that second point will have to wait until Friday.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I got an interview with the biggest software company in the city.

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Suu on June 06, 2016, 10:03:10 PM
I HAVE SEEN TUCSON.

My brakes did okay. San Diego is far more hilly than NH was, however, so I can see that I'll be needed a brake job shortly. In addition to the oil change that I earned doing a 3500mi drive. But damn if this ain't a pretty city. The people are certifiable, but I think that comes with the combination of "desert" and "California."

Are you living in San Dawg now?

I'm jelly. It's the only inhabited part of California that's worth a shit. I'd move to La Jolla tomorrow if I could afford the rents.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 07, 2016, 05:11:24 PM
Quote from: The Suu on June 06, 2016, 10:03:10 PM
I HAVE SEEN TUCSON.

Are you living in San Dawg now?

I'm jelly. It's the only inhabited part of California that's worth a shit. I'd move to La Jolla tomorrow if I could afford the rents.

I am. Got in Thursday night. It's a short tour, but it's cheaper for the Navy to move me here and then back east again than try to support two people on opposite coasts. Because  New England isn't fucking cheap, either.

Oh by the way, my brother moved to St. Thomas. I was going to ping you about where he should look for jobs, but he already nailed one at some bistro as assistant sous-chef making too much money. I don't think he's ever gonna leave.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Cain on June 07, 2016, 06:43:33 AM
Got my dissertation grades back today.  Looks like a solid 2:1 overall, and an equally solid 2:1 grade for the M.Litt as a whole, though confirmation on that second point will have to wait until Friday.

:mittens:

Fuck yeah, Masters degrees and shit.

Trivial

A friend of mine and I were discussing the possibilities of the cell phone boards from adafruit.  Most project ideas involved taxidermied squirrels. 

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.