News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on June 09, 2016, 04:20:08 AM
A friend of mine and I were discussing the possibilities of the cell phone boards from adafruit.  Most project ideas involved taxidermied squirrels.
:lulz:

• most mustelidae
  • dildos
  • dentures/gold teeth
  • old cigarette packs
  • mobile pendants
  • swarovski charms
  • pre-Colombian clay figurines
  • Mexican tin art

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 09, 2016, 09:52:26 PM
Quote from: LMNO on June 09, 2016, 09:31:50 PM
Stop looking into the GODTOILETTM.

Can't.  You'd look too, if you could.

Yup

(I tried to say more, but my guts started to seize again, like even getting this out is... uncomfortable)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, well, I have obtained the materials I need for spending Saturday night doing that shit.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pæs

Our house got burgled, so that's kind of shit.
It looks like they ransacked the bedroom/hall areas, piled everything on a blanket ready to carry it out, then walked into the lounge and realised the house is full of cameras and door sensors (turned off due to a cleaner visiting today). They seem to have freaked out, broken a camera off the wall and stolen it, stolen one MacBook (among a pile of other MacBooks and more expensive electronics) and bolted.

No images captured due to disabled system, but we do have a timeline of their movements through doors for all the good it does us. I don't imagine we'll ever see the MacBook or the security camera again.

Fantastically, our cleaner then turned up, presumed we were slobs and unransacked the house, polishing all flat surfaces and likely destroying all forensic evidence.

Faust

Shit, sorry to hear that man.

Quote from: Pæs on June 10, 2016, 01:01:12 PM

Fantastically, our cleaner then turned up, presumed we were slobs and unransacked the house, polishing all flat surfaces and likely destroying all forensic evidence.
I would have said its an inside job if it wasn't so believably silly.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pæs on June 10, 2016, 01:01:12 PM
Our house got burgled, so that's kind of shit.
It looks like they ransacked the bedroom/hall areas, piled everything on a blanket ready to carry it out, then walked into the lounge and realised the house is full of cameras and door sensors (turned off due to a cleaner visiting today). They seem to have freaked out, broken a camera off the wall and stolen it, stolen one MacBook (among a pile of other MacBooks and more expensive electronics) and bolted.

No images captured due to disabled system, but we do have a timeline of their movements through doors for all the good it does us. I don't imagine we'll ever see the MacBook or the security camera again.

:lulz:

I'm sorry, that's a really shitty thing to have happened, but your cleaner sounds like an earnest and adorable hard worker.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

That's pretty crap, though it clearly could have been much worse. I assume your police are about as incompetent as ours so I'd keep your eye on ebay and such because you never know your luck.

Hells, even a quick run round the local pawnshops might just get you somewhere.

A friend's shop got burgled at the start of the week and I was surprised at how little effort was put in so if you really give a shit about any of your gear, you may have to put in the legwork yourself.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pæs

The cleaner also took photos before cleaning, in case we complained about the work because it was so bad to start with, so we got some kind of idea of what was messed with. Despite the obvious not noticing something was amiss with the open front door and turned-over house, I am impressed that she thought we left it like that and STILL cleaned it.

Definitely keeping an eye on sales, gave police serial numbers and will share those with relevant stores. Thinking of configuring a few of my devices to listen out for the MAC address of the missing device, in case it's still trying to pair with our WiFi access point when we drive past the house it's in, if it's local.

Junkenstein

I'm almost disappointed you've not installed some kind of self destruct device.

What kind of future is this?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Hope you get your shit back.

I doubt the cleaning lady was in on it, but it does seem fortuitous they chose the day she would be there and that the camera was turned off for their robbery.  I assume you've considered the possibility you were surveilled before the crime? 

Suu

I slept through a 5.2 earthquake and about 400 aftershocks. I'm surprised the Golden State waited a week to welcome me.

Also, that's bollocks, Paes. I hope you can track your shit down.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Faust

Quote from: Pæs on June 10, 2016, 03:03:51 PM
Definitely keeping an eye on sales, gave police serial numbers and will share those with relevant stores. Thinking of configuring a few of my devices to listen out for the MAC address of the missing device, in case it's still trying to pair with our WiFi access point when we drive past the house it's in, if it's local.

This is a brilliant idea, I'd never have thought of that. At some point I'll have to set up the "ring home" functionality on the phone and laptop to send on its location.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

LMNO

Thank you for continually confirming you're one of the smartest people I know.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on June 10, 2016, 05:38:30 PM
Grade confirmed today as a 2:1.  I'm OK with that.

I had to look up the UK grading system, but nice work!
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A