News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Congrats Cain!

Paes, that is awful, but I'm glad there was a funny side.

Suu, I'm sorry, that sucks :(

Good Luck Roger!

In other news, things are looking very up at my current job.

I work as a contracted IT Service Desk agent for multiple companies. And the number of those companies are about to increase for me, and no one else on my team (This is good, because that increases my qualifications elsewhere in my company). They're consistently giving me more responsibilities, which of course, will mean more pay.

I'm consistently destroying my team in total call resolve rate (The percentage of tickets/calls I touch that I resolve in my name) and first call resolve rate (percentage of tickets resolved on the first call if possible, or routed properly if not possible) on our biggest account. I was told, only after 3 months of working here that by the end of the next year, they would talk to me about moving up. Judging by that, and their recent management behavior, I will most likely be hired on to the company I'm contracted to and receive significantly better pay and benefits a bit sooner than within the year. I may also be the youngest person ever to do so, and may have done it quicker than anyone has before.

Also, I've been spewing rusty rants all over Facebook to get myself ready for some good ones, here. I'm finally being stimulated by getting more sleep and actively learning, so say goodbye to my wordsalad nonsense that used to pass for rants.

~Ferdinandpoops
I've had a good couple weeks.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pæs

Suu

I've been on this seriously nasty nihilistic, violent, hate-filled HOLY CRUSADE on Facebook since I got to San Diego. I'm having a fucking field day today just calling it like it is and pissing everyone off.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

POFP

Quote from: SuuCal on June 13, 2016, 05:58:14 AM
I've been on this seriously nasty nihilistic, violent, hate-filled HOLY CRUSADE on Facebook since I got to San Diego. I'm having a fucking field day today just calling it like it is and pissing everyone off.

Although I would argue that both Liberals and Conservatives in government take steps to limit free speech, I do find it funny that the conservatives are the first to assume that statement of an opinion that is contrary to theirs is somehow an attack on their freedom of speech.

"I hate it when people say X"

"WOWWW, NOW YOU WANNA TAKE AWAY MY RIGHT TO SAY X?"
*Godwin's law takes over*

These people make me ashamed to be a patriot sometimes.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

POFP

Cain

Good going Mr Poo.

I had to argue with a few people on social media, but I've mostly given up on it.  Trying to explain how because someone says they're with ISIS doesn't necessarily mean they're with ISIS, or how radicalisation is a complex series of engagements and there are no clear and cut rules for what makes someone turn to political violence is depressingly hard.

Q. G. Pennyworth

ISIS is the new Anonymous that way. I wish it was the new Anonymous more in the memes and dressing like idiots and not killing anybody way instead.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Template

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 13, 2016, 01:35:11 PM
ISIS is the new Anonymous that way. I wish it was the new Anonymous more in the memes and dressing like idiots and not killing anybody way instead.

Anonymous has been a fucked-shitless shit since some time between the V mask and Chanology. The name and concept was given a form, and thus trapped in physical reality, time, space. The common id lost an outlet.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Template on June 13, 2016, 04:03:07 PM

Anonymous has been a fucked-shitless shit since some time between the V mask and Chanology. The name and concept was given a form, and thus trapped in physical reality, time, space. The common id lost an outlet.

Get out.

Template

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 13, 2016, 04:11:58 PM

Get out.

Please explain.

My perspective is limited. I want to know.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Template on June 13, 2016, 04:38:07 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 13, 2016, 04:11:58 PM

Get out.

Please explain.

POFP

I believe Anonymous went to Shittsburg, Shittsylvania long ago. Not sure what Template was getting at half way through, though.

Faust

I haven't seen anything from Anon in a long time. Has the group largely been defanged or something?
Sleepless nights at the chateau